Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any body notice that the SEC pundits have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Any body notice that the SEC pundits have

Dec 12, 2017, 9:23 AM

already started the "they don't want to be there" crapola? I heard it particularly for the Auburn - UCF game where the Auburen players have no incentive to work hard for the game and UCF has "something to prove" . At least Marcus Spears (whom I like) said he is not buying the SEC stuff and just wished teams would play without all of the conference mumbo jumbo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People make fun of the SEC ESPN conspiracy theory

Dec 12, 2017, 9:28 AM

But I don't know how.

When you click on the sec network you see about a doxen personas pushing the SEC.

ALL ABOUT THE SEC.

When you see these same 12 people on the other espn networks they are supposedly , all of the sudden, objective.

Why would anybody believe that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: People make fun of the SEC ESPN conspiracy theory

Dec 12, 2017, 9:47 AM

Most of the audience is sheeple

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Albarn got to keep Malzahn ... that's something ;)***

Dec 12, 2017, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A big part of being great

Dec 12, 2017, 9:45 AM

Is always “wanting to be there.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any body notice that the SEC pundits have

Dec 12, 2017, 9:53 AM

Well I imagine most SEC teams don’t want to be in a bowl where they are post probably going to overmatched.

I can only imagine the dread the shamecocks are feeling about the whooping they will get on New Year’s Day.

That is the mixed blessing of having the media build up the SEC. Basically all but 2 SEC bowls have superior teams going against the SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Scar give up their bowl slot to Miss State?

Dec 12, 2017, 10:14 AM

I thought I heard that on EStuPidN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 10:15 AM

Auburn is just happy to have finally won both of their super bowls in one year

Dec 12, 2017, 12:14 PM

I forgot to mention that all of the coaching shake-ups put them at a disadvantage. It's just not fair that the Coots have to play a team that hasn't had a coaching change. Who wants to bet that when we beat Bama, it is because Pruitt's new job was a distraction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw a video on youtube of Finebaum saying that...

Dec 12, 2017, 1:31 PM

some of the Bama players claimed Saban worked them so hard during the season their performances dropped off at the end from fatigue. So yeah, they're working their excuses in early this year. Strangely enough they aren't talking much about Bama's recruiting and how much better they will be next year. YET!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are pundits?

Dec 12, 2017, 4:45 PM

Are they like Funyuns? I like Funyuns.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's German for "dumb butts"***

Dec 12, 2017, 4:46 PM

I think there's merit to that theory, but not just regarding

Dec 12, 2017, 5:42 PM

SEC teams. I think it's tough for any team to really get up for a G5 opponent in a NY6/BCS game. I think that's part of the reason why the G5 schools have done so well in those games. I believe they are 6-3 in 9 matchups vs P5 teams in those bowls.

Losers of those games have come from across all conferences. Utah beat Pitt and Bama, Boise beat Oklahoma and Arizona, TCU beat Wisconsin, and Houston knocked off FSU. That's 1 loss by every P5 conference plus the old Big East (Pitt). It can happen to anyone, not just the SEC.

Beyond the P5 vs G5 games, I don't really know. I'm sure some teams are more motivated than others though.

Re: I think there's merit to that theory, but not just regarding

Dec 12, 2017, 5:47 PM

Well just forfeit all your bowl games bunch of SEC idiots.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic