Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People keep talking about not throwing to the middle of the field. I have to say
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,237

People keep talking about not throwing to the middle of the field. I have to say

Oct 3, 2019, 12:05 PM

I agree. If you run through the end zone close to the sideline some of the tds may be reviewed and we may lose a few. But if you score over the middle of the field and run all the way though the back of the end zone it is very unlikely to be reviewed. Just my two scents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People keep talking about not throwing to the middle of the field. I have to say

Oct 3, 2019, 12:15 PM

Your scents are spot on. Poast uv tha day!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People keep talking about not throwing to the middle of the field. I have to say

Oct 3, 2019, 12:45 PM

The play of the offensive line often determines where passing lanes are open! You cannot blame that on the QB or the coaches play calling. Offensively success throwing the ball is determined by the defenses you are seeing. If the opponents shut down the throws to the center of the field do you think the team should continue to try it?
We miss Renfro! Third down plays determines who controls the clock and that is important if you want to win!

Oct 3, 2019, 2:31 PM

You are spot on about us missing Renfrow. He found ways to get open to catch 3rd down passes to keep drives alive for 4 years. My opinion is Rogers needs to fill this void. He is sure handed and great after the catch.

Getting one of our freshman TEs involved would not hurt either. Chalk has made some catches this year but we need a taller threat down the field.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: People keep talking about not throwing to the middle of the field. I have to say ]

cannot throw down middle if you throw screen passes to side line, left and right next series. total 2 and 3 yards each time.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:07 PM

"Can you scmell the odiferousness that Howard's Rock is Cookin?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 4:18 PM

Folks suggesting we don't throw to the middle of the field need to go back and re-watch games. I think you'll find we throw a pretty good portion of passes between the numbers. Now, I'll admit, we seem to have a lower completion rate to the middle. Receivers are dropping more passes in that area.

I'd love to see a pass breakdown chart.

Oct 3, 2019, 7:11 PM

Quite a few passes get batted down at los.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,237
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic