Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Monte Lee "not neutral" when it comes to Clemson/South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Monte Lee "not neutral" when it comes to Clemson/South Carolina

Jul 14, 2015, 3:01 PM

Monte Lee "not neutral" when it comes to Clemson/South Carolina

At some point early next baseball season, new head coach Monte Lee will lead his baseball team against arch-rival South Carolina, completing a cycle that started years ago when he was an assistant at Spartanburg Methodist and continued when he was an assistant for the Gamecocks. What are his thoughts on the rivalry? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good mature response.***

Jul 14, 2015, 3:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maturity not allowed on TigerNet***

Jul 14, 2015, 8:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can someone please ask him about important stuff

Jul 14, 2015, 3:12 PM

Like uniforms.

no doubt about it, the coot talks a good game...

Jul 14, 2015, 3:19 PM

go tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no doubt about it, the coot talks a good game...

Jul 14, 2015, 3:42 PM

Would you say that about Dabo if Alabama were our rival?

yes.

Jul 14, 2015, 3:45 PM

questions or was that helpful?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes.

Jul 14, 2015, 4:29 PM

No,you wrapped that up for me.I guess our next coach will have
to be an ex Clemson player.Since you are perfect,you still will
find a flaw.

good, i'm glad and yes, that's certainly one way

Jul 14, 2015, 4:37 PM

You could look at it... but fortunately for me, there are others.

So you're saying Jeff Scott will be our next HC?***

Jul 14, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: yes. ]

Re: So you're saying Jeff Scott will be our next HC?***

Jul 14, 2015, 5:40 PM

I,m not saying anything if you are directing your question too me.
I don't give a rat's a## who the next coach is because by the time
Dabo is finished,i will be so old i will not care.Jeff Scott would
be a great head coach though.
Maybe you are talking to perfect.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

Re: no doubt about it, the coot talks a good game...

Jul 14, 2015, 6:42 PM [ in reply to no doubt about it, the coot talks a good game... ]

LMAO, he ain't no coot, he ask to take a bite out of our orange. He made it widely known that he would love to come and be a Clemson Tiger, and He not only wanted a taste of our orange, he has dreamed about wearing it, the Orange Tiger Paw, where he sees it as his dream job!!! Monte Lee is a Clemson Tiger HC, and that's way better than being any kind of a coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot!***

Jul 14, 2015, 3:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: New Story: Monte Lee "not neutral" when it comes to Clemson/South Carolina

Jul 14, 2015, 3:45 PM

but but but Clemfan and vivitz said he was a "gamecock at heart"

null

Love His Passion

Jul 14, 2015, 3:47 PM

He is all about doing the best job for whomever he works, and right now that is Clemson. When he was at usuc, he was all in for them, and the same at COC. I respect that, and that's the kind of guys I want working for me. Be the best at every moment in your life. The rewards will be many and the regrets will be fewer, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2015, 3:55 PM

#1 - Just beat the pants off of them Coots , Monte Lee ...you beat 'em like they stole your money .
#2 . Get us back to Omaha , and then win the whole thing for Clemson University.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He's all about Clemson.

Jul 14, 2015, 4:44 PM

Monte shouldn't apologize for his past job at usuck! It's only the idiot lemmings on this board ( bored for those who still think misspelling is funny) who would actually think he is a double dealing coach. And would sell us out to usuck. When you grow up it's about your family and how best to provide for them.His response is well said.

Jul 14, 2015, 4:48 PM

I've been a Clemson (all sports, all everything) fan and resident since Frank Howard and Bill Wilhelm were running the shows. There are few baseball coaches I'd prefer my coach to learn from better than Ray Tanner. Let a man focus on the JOB (it IS a job, supporting quite nicely a quite nice family) and I guarantee he will be a fan for life. So will you.

Jul 14, 2015, 8:15 PM

Both you mentioned for me also. And I loved that straight stare down the side lines when Frank took that walk. He was at the time the King of Clemson FB, and he acted and done the part well!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People fail to realize...

Jul 14, 2015, 5:00 PM

He has to say those things, whether he means them or not. No one can judge his heart.

But keep this in mind, the next 2-3 years are where his soul will irrevocably bind to Clemson or not. Asking for that at this point is folly.

Now let the magic of Clemson work and let's talk in 2-3 years. ??

When Monte wins a title here as HEAD COACH...

Jul 14, 2015, 5:30 PM

...there will be no doubt as to his loyalties.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Monte wins a title here as HEAD COACH...

Jul 14, 2015, 8:18 PM

IMO, his loyalties are 100% to Clemson right now!!!

Re: People fail to realize...

Jul 14, 2015, 10:58 PM [ in reply to People fail to realize... ]

agreed. I think by his statement regarding he was 100% into CofC when he was there and the 2 sentences afterwards, he was saying his loyalty was with whomever paid his check at the time. But give him a few years and let the Clemson aura do it's thing, and he'll truly convert (if he hasn't).

I've known a few coots to eventually see the error of their ways and switch to the way of the Tiger

Jul 14, 2015, 10:33 PM

So was he a gamecock or Tiger fan before coaching or playing? You can play at a smaller school and still be a fan of one of the two major programs in the state.

FIRE MONTE!!!! Or do we have to wait until baseball

Jul 15, 2015, 8:49 AM

season? Just kidding, I'm looking forward to the energy and titles that he is going to bring to the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FIRE MONTE!!!! Or do we have to wait until baseball

Jul 15, 2015, 4:00 PM

Who gives a darn about which team he pulled for in his earlier days. He's a proven, top notch, class act that we expect at Clemson. I don't care if he played for and/or coached for other SC schools...he's ours now, and just like us, he is Clemson. Let the man prove himself on the diamond. I'm glad he was under the tutelage of Tanner...remember him? The one who kicked our butts for years. Tanner's out and what happens? We take three from the coots. This man has the skills, players, facilities, etc. to do great things at Clemson...Let him do it.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic