Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Penn St. and recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,035

Penn St. and recruiting

May 18, 2018, 11:01 AM

Projected to get multiple commits this weekend. Among them Brandon Smith, Cam'Ron Kelly, Xavier Truss, Tyler Rudolph and Devyn Ford. All of them have offers from us. The Ford and Kelly projections sting but I think the coaches saw that Ford was a long shot and quickly went after and got Mellusi. Kelly most thought we still had a shot with, but I think we are going hard after Battle and Booth as DBs and going after Hellams and Jordan Battle at Safety.

O Line recruiting is beginning to look promising. Wouldn't be surprised if we land a couple of guys in the coming weeks. Zach Carpenter, Jake Hornibrook, and Hunter Rayburn look to be some guys we possibly land. We should also get a visit from the #1 OT Darnell Wright this summer. We have some work to do with Wright but a visit will def. help.

DT's this recruiting class are weak. Sopsher is the top DT but many question his work ethic and laziness. I'd like for us to get back in the running for Tuitele. He is about to drop a top 5 and I'm not sure if we will be on there or not, but Bates retweeted him recently. After those 2 there is a huge drop. We wanted DJ Dale but he committed to Bama after they saw we were coming on hard. Travon Walker is probably top on our board. I like our chances but UGA is going to be a head to head battle with him. Joshua Harris from NC is an option. He has mostly been visiting UNC and NCSU but if we get a visit from him we could potentially put ourselves in the drivers seat. Pickens wants to play DE and we would give him first shot there but many believe he'll grow into DT similar to Huggins.

WR I think we are all in with Ngata out of Cali

TE I think if Deal visits again he will be a Clemson Tiger

LB I think we take two more. Bentley would be one I think we are in good shape with and Crouch would be the other one.

Should be more evaluations and offers coming out of Dabo's camp. I think we should see some commits during the All In Cookout this year. I think it helps that we've already established the date with some of our top priorities.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Penn St. and recruiting

May 18, 2018, 11:13 AM

There are a couple of omissions here. Dermavin Leal has announced that he's planning a Clemson offical visit, so I've got to feel like we have a shot there. Dax Hill, who just ran a laser-timed 4.34 40 put us in his top 6. Sentiment seems to be that he won't leave Oklahoma, but if we can get a visit maybe BV can work his magic.

Ommisions due to their commitments mainly

May 18, 2018, 11:22 AM

Leal would be a great pickup. Our recruiting record in TX isn't promising though. However it only takes 1 to make the move. Hill is awesome. I hope we could flip him from OK but man that's going to be a tough pull. If we get him on campus you have to think our chances improve.

I'd take both for sure but I believe both will be hard to get.

Re: Ommisions due to their commitments mainly

May 18, 2018, 11:25 AM

One advantage with Leal is that he's not on a 7v7 team like O'Neal so there may not be the "3 stripe life" involved.

May 18, 2018, 11:14 AM

Also worth mentioning that Hornibrook has offers from both Wisc and Stanford who do as good a job as anyone with evaluations and development of OL, so I feel confident the kid can play.

agree on the Oline Evaluations of Stanford and Wisconsin

May 18, 2018, 11:20 AM

I think Hornibrook is one of our top targets right now.

a class of Hornibrook, Carpenter, Wright would be a nice pull...Still need two more I believe

Re: agree on the Oline Evaluations of Stanford and Wisconsin

May 18, 2018, 11:24 AM

I think we'll wind up being in decent shape for some others too. Ohio State and ND seem to be the favorites for more guys than they can take right now so we might pick up some guys who are good players that they don't have room for. Would LOVE to get Harry Miller but that seems unlikely at this point.

May 18, 2018, 11:36 AM

We just picked up our first CB for Ngata.

I don't know anything about CA high school football outside of Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, and De La Salle, but the kid has crazy production, almost 1800 yds and 26 TDs as a junior. I've also heard he has a Wilkins like personality so he seems like a great fit.

May 18, 2018, 11:40 AM

I want Dax Hill as bad as any recruit I can remember in the last few seasons

May 18, 2018, 12:03 PM

I really appreciate your info and enjoy your posts. Please keep them coming

OL has definitely shaped up nice of late..

May 18, 2018, 12:35 PM

Carpenter seems like he will commit when on campus next month. Also Jesse Hanson, a VT commit and Clemson legacy, will be at the All In cookout. Between Carpenter, Hanson, Jakai Moore, Hornibrook, Medley and Rayburn we should get 3 or 4 commits. And then as we know we can count this staff out on a surprise commit so don't rule out Jones, Wright or Dobbs.

DT is the concern now and hopefully we can get Harris and either Davis, Sorrells, Sospher or Lacy. We are still committing him even though he's committed to ND. Also maybe a hybrid DE/DT like Hunter or Eboigbe along w Wooden and Pickens at DE.

Our recruiting is fine and will be but we definitely need some DT's.

Re: OL has definitely shaped up nice of late..

May 18, 2018, 12:58 PM

I could see Zacch Pickens moving inside to DT as well. Already 6'4/290 as a rising senior in high school, that's a DT body. That would be a hugeee pickup to steal him from the Coots

I agree but I think he desires to stay

May 18, 2018, 1:36 PM

On the outside.. but he very well may out grow it and not have a choice.

Re: I agree but I think he desires to stay

May 18, 2018, 1:44 PM

It could very much end up being a situation like Wynn. Pretty confident Muschamp is just telling him what he wants to hear regarding that though.

Re: OL has definitely shaped up nice of late..

May 18, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to OL has definitely shaped up nice of late.. ]

Hanson may not wind up being that hard to flip if we really want him. With Penn State's big weekend VT may wind up not signing any of the top 10 guys in their state. Their not really going anywhere in the short term at least, and certainly not gaining ground on Miami.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic