Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Peace. Prosperity. At this point, if you're hatin' on Trump, it's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 980

Peace. Prosperity. At this point, if you're hatin' on Trump, it's

Jul 27, 2018, 5:41 PM

just because you don't like the man.

The results are pretty darn good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The economy is good. Some of that should be attributed to

Jul 27, 2018, 5:50 PM

him.

He’s just such a huge scumbag as an individual, maybe the worst human being who ever served, even worse than Bill Clinton.

He’s an embarrassment to our country throughout the world. Does that bother you? Or do you disagree and think he’s a good human being?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he's saying is that character doesn't count

Jul 27, 2018, 5:51 PM

The only things that count are that the economy looks good right now and that Republicans sometimes get what they want. Of course, Republicans who don't slobber all over Trump shouldn't get any credit for any of that, and Trump should never be blamed for bungling things with his lack of savvy.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we're switching from politics to religion now?

Aug 28, 2016, 5:39 PM [ in reply to The economy is good. Some of that should be attributed to ]

I like it.

Politicians are inherently evil. The power which comes with office moves most of them to full blown narcissism.

The only moral difference between Trump and 90% of our reps in DC is that he doesn't cover it up as well as the rest of them. He is blatantly open to view. I reckon him morally equal to most presidents we've had. Most of them serve their base.

Trump lies a lot but his campaign promises appear to be true for he seems to be exactly what he claimed to be.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No president that I know of has ever:

Jul 27, 2018, 7:45 PM

1. Disrespected our POWs. “My heroes are the ones who didn’t get captured.”
2. Called a police officer a coward. Broward County officer “is a coward.”
3. Attacked political opponents wives by calling them ugly/fat.

HeII the whole Bush family is a classy bunch, IMO, and they all are embarrassed by him and say they didn’t vote for him, and he was their party’s nominee. Name one nominee who didn’t have the support from previous presidents from their own party.

Cover it up?? Heck, he tweets it all. No president has ever come close to being such a ######. Make apologies for the guy all you want.

And I’m not some run of the mill naive kind of political observer. I know they all lie. Lying is a good thing at times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb, he was politically unschooled.

Jul 27, 2018, 7:52 PM

He suffered the most vicious attacks of any candidate in my memory. Heck, they didn't treat Nixon's Watergate ordeal with more negative passion. I admit Trump was a rude b-hole during the campaign.

I never apologized for Trump. I admit he lies when it suits him but he's done more to fulfill his campaign promised than anyone I can remember and I can remember a lot of our presidents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He deserves the attacks based on what I posted above.

Jul 27, 2018, 8:00 PM

I could even support the guy maybe if he wasn’t such a ######. I voted for Romney in 2012. I think i’d rather see him as prez than anyone right now.

Chicken or egg?

Jul 27, 2018, 8:03 PM

Romney is a RINO. I expect you wouldn't mind him.

Romney is such a classy human being,

Jul 27, 2018, 8:07 PM

great family man, great business experience. A RINO? Not really. He’s never lived in D.C.

I couldn't tell the difference between Romney and...

Jul 27, 2018, 9:20 PM

that guy he ran against. Matter of fact, I couldn't tell the difference between McCain and the guy either.

And I laugh when the libs say.the media

Jul 27, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Romney is such a classy human being, ]

Isn't in the pocket of the Dems

They destroyed Romney once he became the nominee

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and POS Joe Biden said Romney would put blacks

Jul 27, 2018, 9:56 PM

back in chains...that's a real scumbag

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Agree***

Jul 27, 2018, 10:26 PM

some did. Sure.***

Jul 27, 2018, 10:24 PM [ in reply to And I laugh when the libs say.the media ]

Re: No president that I know of has ever:

Jul 28, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to No president that I know of has ever: ]

1) You're taking this out of context. This prisoner comment during the campaign was a direct dig on John McCain: a deep state slimeball. The military has no greater ally than Trump.

2) The Broward cop who stayed in his patrol car during the Parkland shooting is the literal epitome of the term COWARD.

3) Politics is a blood sport. I've seen worse. The Bushes are not who you think they are. And Trump dragged the entire weakened and ineffective Republican Party over the finish line with him.

You're so wrong about everything lol.

^^^doesn’t know what deep state means^^^***

Jul 28, 2018, 11:47 AM

Yep, but like the average young dem he knows throwing...

Jul 31, 2018, 11:01 AM

terms and inaccurate accusations around will present arguments which go unchallenged because it's not worthy of response.

Think of all the ignorance over terms like fascist. People burning cars in the streets call other fascist fighting against fascism for example. Nobody stops to explain to them their behavior...it's as if they didn't get to vote or something while others are harmless. Pick a side to defend.

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Re: No president that I know of has ever:

Jul 31, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to No president that I know of has ever: ]

Swallowing camels and straining at gnats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we're switching from politics to religion now?

Jul 28, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to So we're switching from politics to religion now? ]

"He's just as bad as the rest of them..."

Doesn't seem like a very good defense of Trump.

He was supposed to be different from "them", not just as bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump behaves now almost exactly as he campaigned.

Jul 29, 2018, 7:52 AM

With the complete meltdown of the liberal world continuing from Trump's nomination to the present there is little to no reason to think he has changed anything. You should agree or admit that no matter what Trump does liberals will complain about him.

the Party always starts out great

Jul 27, 2018, 6:07 PM

when you sell your soul to the Devil.

But eventually the bill comes due

Re: Peace. Prosperity. At this point, if you're hatin' on Trump, it's

Jul 27, 2018, 6:40 PM

Peace and prosperity. So, just like under Obama.

Not quite exactly like Obama.

Jul 27, 2018, 7:37 PM

We're leading from out front and our peace comes through power not submission. Apology tour or kicking NATO in the butt to shame them into helping us defend their homes?

Obama raised taxes, increased regulations and borrowed a Trillion bucks to get us out of the mire. Trump lower taxes, regulations and our economy jumped out of the mire without government assistance.

There was no apology tour. That’s a myth.

Jul 27, 2018, 7:48 PM

Maybe a reality tour. Link me any quotes where Obama said we were wrong about anything in our past where he didn’t preface it by saying our intentions were always the best.

And we did make plenty of mistakes especially in the Middle East.

People who use these expressions really seem like they get their news from an email chain

Jul 27, 2018, 7:53 PM

No better than a comment section

Re: There was no apology tour. That’s a myth.

Jul 27, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to There was no apology tour. That’s a myth. ]

'Our intentions were good but we effed up. After saying that I always respect who I'm saying it to enough to apologize for effing up.

The idea of my post wasn't to say Trump is better than Obama. I was responding to a troll, I effed up and I apologize to you.

The intent was to show contrast between the way Trump reached peace and prosperity...

I'm sorry, I didn't bring Obama into this discussion. I think and I've said many times that trying to make the last guy look bad so your guy can look good isn't a reasonable way to discuss your guy.

We went round and round on 'But Boosh,' for years after O took office. It was chickenchit to blame Bush for Obama's method of governing and give O the credit which Bush deserved. I stepped out of line with my personal conduct standards and I apologize. I was dumb, I got trolled and fell in head first.

Bush, like Jimmy Carter took a lot of blame for

Jul 27, 2018, 8:08 PM

economy that wasn’t his fault.

Re: Bush, like Jimmy Carter took a lot of blame for

Jul 27, 2018, 9:19 PM

Bush took us into war but he didn't start the fire. I think he was in a position which required action. Maybe not from the planes hitting the towers but from America's reaction to the planes hitting the towers. Most Americans wanted someone to pay. I was one of them.

Carter hurt me more than any president in my life. Of course Nam was about to end when I came up in the draft or it might have been Nixon. Carter shut down Combustion Engineering's nuclear component plant in Chatt. I had worked there for 5 years. The pay and benefits rivaled Duke and TVA at the time.

Carter didn't order a shut down but we had two contracts cancel about the same time. We had one vessel finished, capped, painted and loaded on two flat railroad cars. Exxon wouldn't take delivery. Arkansas Power also rejected our efforts to finish another.

All four shops, 3500 boilermakers, 800+ machinist and 500 salaried foremans, supts and office people lost their jobs there over government's nuclear craze.

No one has ever talked as badly about Trump as we did Carter back then. Soon thereafter Chatt broke. That's why I came to G'ville.

We are not 'leading' from out front. We are doing less

Jul 29, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Not quite exactly like Obama. ]

'leading' than ever. Isolating ourselves and flapping arms and floundering on the sideline should not be mistaken for a position of leadership.

Obama helped undo W's risky and poor tax plan that heaped amazing amounts of debt on us, along with the many financial "de-regulations" that most R's hem and haw about with religious zeal that helped set the stage for outrageous financial abuse. The $1 Trillion Obama borrowed to ward off an epic global depression is VASTLY different than the $1 Trillion Trump just borrowed for gasoline to pour onto the already strong and growing economy that he inherited.

Our economy heading into the 2016 election was growing (still on a record run) and based on a system that provided a stronger financial foundation to operate from. Adequate taxes, sound fiscal oversight, stronger environmental protections - that recipe was working.

Last year's stock growth, and this Q2's 4.1 %, are built on a base of sand and lies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not quite exactly like Obama.

Jul 31, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Not quite exactly like Obama. ]

We're leading from out front and our peace comes through power not submission. Apology tour or kicking NATO in the butt to shame them into helping us defend their homes?

Obama raised taxes, increased regulations and borrowed a Trillion bucks to get us out of the mire. Trump lower taxes, regulations and our economy jumped out of the mire without government assistance.

Just thought you would want to know. -- Obama had 4 quarters that were higher than 4.1. (But he didn't brag about it.)
Yeah, Obama dug us out of the worst recession since the Great Depression, and he had to borrow money to do that. (The pubs wanted to let all of the banks and automobile companies fail. No one wd have a job after that filtered down thru the economy.) Oh, and be sure to thank the "W" for that recession -- he cut taxes AND started 2 wars.

Just thought you would want to know. -- Obama had 4 quarters that were higher than 4.1. (But he didn't brag about it.)
Yeah, Obama dug us out of the worst recession since the Great Depression, and he had to borrow money to do that. (The pubs wanted to let all of the banks and automobile companies fail. No one wd have a job after that filtered down thru the economy.) Oh, and be sure to thank the "W" for that recession -- he cut taxes AND started 2 wars.

Does quantitative easing mean anything to you?

Jul 31, 2018, 9:52 PM

Obama forced the economy into growth by injecting large amounts of borrowed money. It wasn't his policy that help it was the debt he left for you and your children to pay of pay interest on.

"...According to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, it took 76 months for the economy to gain back all of the jobs lost in the Great Recession. Cumulative increases in gross domestic product (GDP) from 2008-2015 were just 14.2%. Both recovery metrics are the worst, meaning slowest, in modern American history. Does this mean QE failed?..."

Read more: Quantitative Easing Report Card in 2016 | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/021116/quantitative-easing-report-card-2016.asp#ixzz5Mt4HNpuF
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

He is such a terrible example and representation of an American

Jul 27, 2018, 8:01 PM

I appreciate some of the results of his presidency, but I'm not going to celebrate him. I doubt anything he does is given much consideration, so we'll see if anything was compromised to get to this point in the economy.

I felt fine under former Presidents. I don't remember rolling my eyes at new controversies with complete strangers like it seems to happen with Trump, weekly.

I’ve tried to make this point several times, but got

Jul 27, 2018, 9:02 PM

Ridiculed and called names every time...

Trump is rude because the dems and MSM have been vile to him from the beginning. During the primaries, they gave him no chance. The other Pub candidates ridiculed him. HE HAD TO FIGHT BACK!

Now I’m the first to agree that he is often over the top and is not your traditional politician.
But if the dems/MSM would cool it, I believe he would also...

you can do the chicken or the egg thing, but the chicken will not stop responding

Jul 27, 2018, 9:13 PM

It's not normal for a President to act like him

Whether you admit it or not, the media is so lopsideded

Jul 27, 2018, 9:36 PM

Its sickening. Pub voters have been begging g for someone that fights back rather than bending over and taking it. Trump goes over.the top sometimes but I'll take it for results.

In the perfect world, I'd take a trump policy and fight with a Paul Ryan diplomacy.

But that's hard to find sooooo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can do the chicken or the egg thing, but the chicken will not stop responding

Jul 27, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to I’ve tried to make this point several times, but got ]

It's not normal for a President to act like him

“My heroes were the ones who didn’t get captured”

Jul 27, 2018, 9:18 PM [ in reply to I’ve tried to make this point several times, but got ]

This happened very early when no one thought he had a chance.

You can’t be serious.

Mocking the disabled reporter is another.***

Jul 31, 2018, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Being politically incorrect is rude and...

Jul 31, 2018, 10:52 AM

it's pretty obvious Trump is one rude b-hole. Everybody knows that.

I doubt he'll ever get over it.

Jul 27, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to I’ve tried to make this point several times, but got ]

If you're right I can promise he won't forget. He might calm down but he won't forget. Trump and the msm is a symbiotic partnership. Neither would get much attention if not for the other.

They should put him on the payroll and he should send them a Christmas card.

Re: I’ve tried to make this point several times, but got

Jul 28, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I’ve tried to make this point several times, but got ]

bengaline said:

Ridiculed and called names every time...

Trump is rude because the dems and MSM have been vile to him from the beginning. During the primaries, they gave him no chance. The other Pub candidates ridiculed him. HE HAD TO FIGHT BACK!

Now I’m the first to agree that he is often over the top and is not your traditional politician.
But if the dems/MSM would cool it, I believe he would also...

The idea that Trump is some kind of innocent victim of persecution is laughable. The MSM is no harder on him than the Pubs and Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck et all were to Obama.

Trump admitted to sexual assault, ridiculed a gold star family, ridiculed a legitimate war hero, called to ban all Muslims and has been preposterously ignorant of history.

Trump as "innocent victim" is the height of partisan bias.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is an arrogant, crude, lying blowhard who is often

Jul 27, 2018, 10:52 PM

childish and petty, taking everything very personally and is therefore constantly lashing out. He often appears doltish when it comes to geopolitical issues and situations. He not only makes no apologies for any of that, however, he revels in it. People who agree with his policies and positions don't care about any of that, or are willing to overlook it for the most part, because they feel he's doing what's best for America and has things headed in the right direction. Those who disagree with his policies and positions can't stand that such a scoundrel is so enormously successful and still can't wrap their butt-hurt heads around the fact that he crushed Hillary.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 28, 2018, 6:51 AM

I agree. Everyone has demons and in this digital age, his are being exposed at an insane rate. Not saying he is a great person, but he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I am afraid that he will have to carry the burden of inflation and a recession and a bubble burst in the next 2-3 years. If he is elected again, he will see a recession and inflation like we have never seen. We are overdue. He will have to carry that burden as a collective, but he will take the brunt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2018, 8:21 AM

There was more peace before he was in office and I have always had prosperity. He has done nothing, but create an unstable world.

Jul 28, 2018, 1:08 PM

North Korea and ISIS would beg to differ

Jul 28, 2018, 4:30 PM

North Korea and ISIS are the same as they would always be.

Jul 30, 2018, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Peace. Prosperity. At this point, if you're hatin' on Trump, it's ]

You have more shid coming out of your mouth via your cranium than just about anybody on this board and that's saying something. You absolutely refuse to be objective about nearly everything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may have been prosperous but many others weren't.

Jul 30, 2018, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Peace. Prosperity. At this point, if you're hatin' on Trump, it's ]

Those businesses which expanded due to reduced regulations and lower taxes hired a lot of people who didn't prosper. Consumer and business confidence has increased which leads me to believe that much more growth is in our near future.

Jul 31, 2018, 6:25 PM

Give TheRump some time. The Trump Depression starts in October.
Then he will start a war.

Replies: 50
| visibility 980
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic