Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paying XT made Barstool
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Paying XT made Barstool

Oct 26, 2019, 9:14 AM

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/twitter-user-floats-quite-the-conspiracy-about-clemson-footballs-methods-of-cheating

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to kick the legs

Oct 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

Out from under his bar stool. What a #####. I'd love to see some folks start getting sued for the crap they bring up...not just about Clemson, but in general and, often, many years after the fact. You know, like after the witnesses are dead! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paying XT made Barstool

Oct 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

Haters gonna hate. Maybe everyone should just quit with the social media scavenging. You people just love torturing yourselves don't you? lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2019, 9:20 AM

Why help spread this garbage?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2019, 9:22 AM

Exactly. It should be ignored.

Oct 26, 2019, 9:20 AM

If you must read it at least don’t give ‘em clicks....

Twitter User Floats Quite The Conspiracy About Clemson Football's Methods Of Cheating

If you were in a coma over the past 10 years and woke up today, I think the biggest question you'd have about college football would be "how the #### did Clemson get so good?"

Now, we could go into every reason why, but if you were to sum it up in a TLDR, I'd just say: recruiting.

Everything adds into recruiting, but the number one factor in getting good recruits? Pay them well.

Is Dabo Swinney handing over the money to Xavier Thomas in 2018? Of course not! He'll set a big board, similar to what NFL teams do prior to the draft, and then send it over to his recruiting guys who send it to the boosters, who then get to work. It works very similar to the Mafia. There is the Boss (Dabo), Underbosses (recruiting coordinators), and soldiers (boosters). They all make the whole thing run smoothly.

I am not sure about the Xavier Thomas situation surrounding his father, although buying a recruit's father's business is a perfect way to transfer the money in a legal way. I've heard of very similar situations to "clean" the money that is being sent to recruits/their families. It's a much more sophisticated process these days. You can't just buy Reggie Bush's grandmother a house anymore.

The second photo in the tweet, which includes a quote from a Clemson basketball coach, is 100% true:

SOURCE-According to CBS Sports' Matt Norlander, Smith mentioned Clemson's recruiting methods to defendant Christian Dawkins and an undercover FBI agent.

"That's why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight," Smith said in the video.

"It's a small college town," he later said. "You can come to a game one night, after the game, you see a dude out there in a nice looking suit, you like, 'wait a minute now.'"
Will sanctions ever come for Clemson? Who knows. I'd say no, but I wouldn't be shocked.

I have a theory that the NCAA knows everyone cheats. Why do they let it happen? Well, this little thing of theirs is way too good to break up. Everyone makes way too much money. So, they only go after low-tier programs or schools that challenge them/get a little bit too cocky. For example, take a look at Ole Miss. They got ###### because Hugh Freeze BEGGED the NCAA to come find out about their cheating. Miami? The NCAA did not like how their players were becoming superstars like they had never seen before. They were getting involved with non-ordinary boosters. Rappers not investment bankers. USC? Same thing. The NCAA did not like that! You can cheat, just don't yell from the roof about it! If you are an Alabama or Clemson and you stay quiet? You'll be fine. The NCAA doesn't want to break up the good ole boys club.

Clemson has to be careful, though. They are nowhere near Alabama-level. Nick Saban is almost a Teflon Don when it comes to this ####. Clemson? They could be taken down before you know it. One bad move and their donezo.

College football is a wild, wild place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy has some imagination. Dabo is the mob boss

Oct 26, 2019, 10:51 AM

??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you posted that trash here. Unsubscribe.***

Oct 26, 2019, 9:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Funny thing about the internet; any ol dumb ### can write

Oct 26, 2019, 9:42 AM

stupid stuff (take me for example). Some even write it
on popular websites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Intern Writer left out XT's Dad's reply LOL

Oct 26, 2019, 10:02 AM

He did call it it a CONSPIRACY, so he is laughing at it, for those those don't quite hrasp it.

https://twitter.com/ETitusThomas/status/1187192348335333378

Oct 26, 2019, 11:04 AM

Why start a conspiracy theory around XT? He's a in state prospect that committed a few months after we won the Natty. Its not hard to see why he committed, especially when he stated that he wanted to stay in state.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:33 AM

Sounds like a butt hurt coot to me. Everyone who doesn’t root for Clemson wants to find some way to knock them. I really hope Dabo sees this “story” and takes legal action. This horrible excuse for journalism needs to stop. I’m completely fine with everyone not liking Clemson but the lies need to stop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2019, 11:34 AM

Sounds like a butt hurt coot to me. Everyone who doesn’t root for Clemson wants to find some way to knock them. I really hope Dabo sees this “story” and takes legal action. This horrible excuse for journalism needs to stop. I’m completely fine with everyone not liking Clemson but the lies need to stop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2019, 11:42 AM

I wonder if the Thomas family can do that? I’d be really ticked off if I bought a house and then people are writing articles saying it’s proof that someone else had to buy it for me because there’s no way I’d be able to buy it on my own.

Sure they can

Oct 26, 2019, 11:53 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic