Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PayPal Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 340

PayPal Question

Aug 24, 2020, 3:37 PM

when someone sends me money, once its in my Pay Pal account are those funds available now? Or is it like a bank and you have to wait for the funds to be verified, etc..

I am receiving a deposit on a car I am selling and I want to make sure that it is secured before I move further in the process. I am selling to a reputable dealer in FL, so I trust them, I just want to make sure that I am safe as possible on my side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the funds are available in Paypal

Aug 24, 2020, 3:40 PM

not in your bank account that is linked

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: the funds are available in Paypal

Aug 24, 2020, 3:42 PM

ok, so the better question is, does Paypal guarantee those funds? Or should I link my bank account and wait 1-2 days for it to clear my bank account?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is what I have previously done, but you need to

Aug 24, 2020, 3:43 PM

let the buyer know that ahead of time. I wait until the deposit hits my account and then continue with the transaction.

Side note, never as much as a car, usually $100 or less.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have an answer for you except to say

Aug 24, 2020, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: the funds are available in Paypal ]

paypal used to guarantee up to $2k but that was many years ago. I cant speak to their current policy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't know

Aug 24, 2020, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: the funds are available in Paypal ]

I choose the second option and transfer it to your bank account

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

double check (not a pun)

Aug 24, 2020, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: the funds are available in Paypal ]

that it didn't come through as an 'echeck'...THOSE can 'bounce' essentially, and you're not guaranteed the $$

It'll quite obviously say it in either the Paypal app notification or the email confirmation for the transaction.

if it doesn't, then that money's pretty much yours right now...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: double check (not a pun)

Aug 24, 2020, 4:11 PM

now this is information that I can use. Thanks man!

yeah, assuming he is right

Aug 24, 2020, 5:16 PM

when has the jounge ever been wrong?

Usually I have to send the Nigerians money first.***

Aug 24, 2020, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PayPal Question

Aug 24, 2020, 3:42 PM

I can't figure out why the new generation moved to Venmo and cashapp. And they all moan and groan when I tell them I have PayPal.

The f's the difference?

Joe Rogan doesn't promote Paypal, bruh, only the

Aug 24, 2020, 3:44 PM

motherfucking CASHAPP.

I don't use Cashapp for that reason.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Rogan doesn't promote Paypal, bruh, only the

Aug 24, 2020, 3:45 PM

come on man. your hate is strong and you are very adamant about that hate, so you just do you. :)

Venmo has an instant transfer to debit for a 25 cent fee

Aug 24, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: PayPal Question ]

And waives any fee for debit charges that aren’t “instant”, which PayPal doesn’t do. This makes it more convenient for the younger generation that may not have a high enough credit score to get a low interest credit card.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paypal is pretty crappy on "seller protection"

Aug 24, 2020, 3:46 PM

I've had them dig into my bank account and retract money when the buyer had a complaint.

Now, that was through Ebay. Not sure if they do things similarly with transactions outside of ebay.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

If you do Friends and Family, nobody is protection, but the

Aug 24, 2020, 3:49 PM

other option which is what eBay transactions fall under, Goods and Services I think, is totally biased to the Buyer. That is why they hold your money for a little while sometimes and THEN send it to you.

I guess I'm a little old school but

Aug 24, 2020, 4:10 PM

I trade whiskey, glass beads, and diseased blankets for the items that I want to buy.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had no idea the analbead trade is still going strong?***

Aug 24, 2020, 4:12 PM

Science has made great strides in bead technology.

Aug 24, 2020, 4:19 PM

You really should consider replacing your old ones.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My rulez08 impersonation:

Aug 24, 2020, 4:14 PM

Paypal ? How old are you ?

Venmo, #####

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he'd be right tho***

Aug 24, 2020, 7:40 PM

If you're getting funds from eBay or from someone you don't

Aug 24, 2020, 5:05 PM

know, make sure the cash is IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT before you ship anything.

I just tried to sell the old hardware of an iMac computer on there. Got a fair price for it, the buyer "sent me money" via PayPal. Right before I went to ship the order, I got an email from eBay - a fraud notice on my account where they had flagged it as potential fraudulent activity and canceled the order.

I thought that was weird, so I followed up and did some research. It's a pretty straightforward scam that takes advantage of PayPal's not giving a #### about sellers. What the scammer will do is "send you money" in PayPal, which is basically just a temporary authorization somehow (don't know if they do this using PayPal or their bank account). You'll #### the item and then they'll cancel the transaction in PayPal once the transaction is on their way.

Re: If you're getting funds from eBay or from someone you don't

Aug 24, 2020, 8:54 PM

bro, I am shipping a car, not a freaking doll house.

I will tell the full story, but they were legit and just wired funds to my bank account and to my lender to get the title.

The schedule for the transport company is done. This was so shady at first and then proved to be a legit high dollar corp that is just obscure as F.

Not sure if I got lucky, but I got lucky.

Replies: 22
| visibility 340
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic