Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Party convo with a coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,381

Party convo with a coot

Sep 24, 2019, 2:09 PM

I atteneded a party this weekend. As it normally does the conversation turned to college football.
My Coot neighbor says to me that "Clemson is the most overrated #1 team in the history of college football and their schedule is a Joke. South Cacalacker has the hardest schedule because they have to play A&M, Alabama, UGA, Florida and Clemson. South Carolina would be a 9 or 10 win team in the ACC"

I said "Well, you are currently 0-1 against the ACC this year and just lost by 20 to the Clemson's old backup QB... You are sure on that buddy?"

He then says... "Well ya know i only root for them because my kid goes there. I'm a UGA fan at heart"

I said "UGA! you mean that team that can't close the deal against bama? You remember we beat Bama by 28 right?? soooooo... why exactly is Clemson the most overrated #1 in College football history?"

mic drop...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Party convo with a coot

Sep 24, 2019, 2:11 PM

To be fair, we beat Bama by 28 last season. I think your coot best buddy was talking about this season. Amirite?

I know... but the calendar said 2019... :)***

Sep 24, 2019, 2:13 PM

Re: I know... but the calendar said 2019... :)***

Sep 24, 2019, 2:18 PM

Plus as a coot he would still be confused.

it was an exercise in futility when you have to explain to a

Sep 24, 2019, 2:12 PM

coot that he is delusional.

Sep 24, 2019, 2:14 PM

" As it normally does the conversation turned to college football." - Dang, how you doing that man? All the coots I know only want to talk about Wimmenz BBall. I usually just walk away shaking my head.

Sep 24, 2019, 2:23 PM

Man, the last time I was at a party with a coot, the only conversation I had was: "Dude, cops and fire department will be here shortly. Next time, don't try to sneak in via the doggy door to steal beer. What do you mean again?"

They lose 28-0 to the 4th best team in the ACC in 2018

Sep 24, 2019, 2:39 PM

and they lose to a UNC team that was 2-10 last year, starting a FR QB, with a 'new' coach and very little talent. In their last 8 games, they've beaten UT Chat, Akron, and Chas Southern, and lost to Clemson, UVA, UNC, Bama, and Missouri. They've lost to KY 5 years in a row. These guys wouldn't be a 9 or 10 win team in the SoCon.

Re: They lose 28-0 to the 4th best team in the ACC in 2018

Sep 24, 2019, 3:29 PM

Had one tell me this week that UGA would beat Bama in the Championship, that UofSC "exposed" Alabama, and that UofSC was going to "make some noise" in the eastern division this year. All of this was right after he had to ask me who they were playing. This conversation occurred Saturday morning, 3 hours before kickoff for them.

If I was a uof5c fan, I'd stay drunk all the time too***

Sep 24, 2019, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If I was a uof5c fan, I'd stay drunk all the time too***

Sep 24, 2019, 4:34 PM

I live in mid state. The fairly intelligent coots either keep their mouth shut or admit they are a basket case. Only the uneducated, truly delusional are talking any form of smack. The 107.5 radio is a hoot listening try to add the "possible " wins and trying to figure what direction to go. I figure another 40 years in the desert they may get lucky again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and they supposedly 'exposed' us last year for

Sep 24, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: They lose 28-0 to the 4th best team in the ACC in 2018 ]

Pitt, ND, and Alabama. That worked out to the tune of 116-29. Man,...I just can't with these people.

Sep 24, 2019, 4:25 PM

Also, Coots lost to their previous ACC opponent, Virginny, I believe 28-0. :)

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic