Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2013 ACC Football Championship Game to remain in Charlotte
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,091

2013 ACC Football Championship Game to remain in Charlotte

Apr 17, 2013, 10:25 PM

The 2013 Dr. Pepper ACC Football Championship Game will remain in Charlotte at Bank of America Stadium, conference commissioner John Swofford announced today.

The game will be played on Saturday, December 7 and will feature a match-up between the Atlantic and Coastal Division champions.

“This is an exciting time for the ACC and we look forward to the 2013-14 lineup of ACC Championships which for the first time will feature Notre Dame, Pitt and Syracuse,” said Swofford. “We have terrific programs that continue to compete at the highest level and we are looking forward to a bright future as a 15-member league.”

The ACC Football Championship Game was first played in Charlotte in 2010 and has been there ever since. Jacksonville was the host of the first three title games from 2005 through 2007. The game then moved to Tampa in 2008 and 2009.

Charlotte’s Bank of America Stadium is home to the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and has a seating capacity of 73,504. The 2011 match-between Clemson and Georgia Tech was a sellout at 73,675.

The 2012 match-up featured Florida State against Georgia Tech. The official attendance for that game was announced as 64,778, but actual attendance was significantly less.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2013 ACC Football Championship Game to remain in Charlotte

Apr 17, 2013, 10:28 PM

could care less if 2 people showed, tix were already sold

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm excited!!! Because I fully expect for us to be in it

Apr 17, 2013, 10:32 PM

again... and I live here... and live close enough to the stadium to get a cab! WOO...oh sorry. no woohoo. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I too live in Charlotte and take the light rail to the

Apr 17, 2013, 10:47 PM

stadium. I really hope to see my Tigers play here again this year. After going to the ACCCG every year while it has been here, only 1 year was truly a fun experience ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My favorite reason

Apr 17, 2013, 10:50 PM

Other than watching the Tigers. CheeseCake Factory!!

The one here in South Park Mall?

Apr 17, 2013, 10:51 PM

That place is great, especially after a 2 and a half hour wait!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The one here in South Park Mall?

Apr 17, 2013, 10:54 PM

And I drop roughly $120 evertime I go.

Re: Part of the Article is wrong.

Apr 17, 2013, 10:56 PM

The 2011 match-up was not Clemson and Georgia Tech. It was Clemson and Virgina Tech. It was the biggest turnout in a ACC Championship Game. I know because I went to the game.

Re: Re: Part of the Article is wrong.

Apr 17, 2013, 10:58 PM

Kid you not hurt my shoulder launching my orange after the game.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,091
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic