Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parking prices done gone crazy!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Parking prices done gone crazy!

Aug 14, 2017, 4:07 PM

I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this, but what's the deal with parking prices being so high this year?! I get that we are defending Natty Champs, but $1K for STI?!? This same lot last year was $500-$550, just really blows my mind that people are not only charging this much, but people are actually willing to pay this much! Times, they are a changin'!! Anywho, less than 3 weeks GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have no face value ... so they should be free.***

Aug 14, 2017, 4:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parking prices done gone crazy!

Aug 14, 2017, 4:08 PM

Are you suggesting that we should lose a bunch this year to ease the prices back down to your comfort level ?

I can't get wit dat .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 14, 2017, 4:12 PM

I'm not saying that at all, but pricing doubling in 1 year? Just seems a bit rediculous to me, but that's just my personal opinion

The market will dictate what things are worth.

Aug 14, 2017, 4:35 PM

If there are enough people that will pay a grand for them, then that's what they are worth. If they aren't, the prices will drop until they fit into what they are worth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: The market will dictate what things are worth.

Aug 14, 2017, 4:40 PM

^ Managed to slide through Economics in high school ^

DB23

It was touch and go...***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Aug 14, 2017, 4:20 PM

Blame IPTAY and Clemson for the changes to on campus parking. Donors are now sent to lots where they have to shuttle to campus. Brooks Center went from a lot an Orange Level donor could be in 2015 to now $1,600 a year minimum this season. STI is closer than Brooks so the change in price makes sense on the secondary market.

Here's how to get one "free"...

Aug 14, 2017, 4:25 PM

Join IPTAY and buy season tickets. Donate enough to get a parking pass. 80% of your donation is tax-deductible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Here's how to get one "free"...

Aug 14, 2017, 4:38 PM

Which 20% is not?

Re: Here's how to get one "free"...

The part that bought a free parking pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 4:27 PM

Times have changed. STI was actually still public parking just a few years ago.
Everything keeps getting more expensive. It's the price of being a truly big time program.

Aug 14, 2017, 4:30 PM

another issue with parking the past few years is all the building going on around campus. we lost a lot of parking to new buildings and construction sites.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 4:41 PM

Wait until construction starts on the softball stadium. Pffft! There go hundreds more parking spaces.

Aug 14, 2017, 4:36 PM

When you get old, you park the backside in your easy chair and enjoy watching while recording the game. Pause during commercials for eating and bathroom breaks. At half-time, start over with dvr recording to watch remembered highlight defense/ offense plays using fast forward, being sure to get back to real time before the beginning of Q3. Repeat dvr playback of second half highlights while others fight traffic. It is nowhere as good as being at the game, but it is the best 12-15 days of TV per year. Recordings are good for a lifetime.

Aug 14, 2017, 5:15 PM

Unless you accidentally DELETE the Natty and you are too cheap to upgrade to ESPNU and your computer screen is so small you finally realize it's time for reading glasses.

There are 260+ season passes for sale...just a couple of

Aug 14, 2017, 5:01 PM

weeks ago there were about half that...looks to be a whole lotta selling vs. buying.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic