Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parking? What is "Area" parking lots on gameday vs numbered?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Parking? What is "Area" parking lots on gameday vs numbered?

Aug 23, 2015, 11:01 PM

I'm looking at parking options for the ND game, will be hosting a tailgate and wasn't sure what sort of pass to buy from looking at the parking lot maps.

Do all the lots allow tailgating/booze (hopefully)?

What are the "Area Parking" lots marked in blue? Just first come first served parking which also allows tailgating?

Thanks much, first time to Clemson, so apologies for the rookie question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parking? What is "Area" parking lots on gameday vs numbered?

Aug 23, 2015, 11:23 PM

Yes all lots allow booze.

Yes - 'area' parking is first come, first serve.

Enjoy your visit - but hope you leave with a loss.

Aug 23, 2015, 11:40 PM

The blue area lots require a parking pass for the lot. For example to park ln lot 1, you must have a lot 1 parking pass for the game you are attending. For big games these lots will fill up quickly, so a pass doesn't guarantee entry. All lots allow tailgating, and alcohol. Sometimes there will be police checking for underage drinkers. If you are 21+ and don't overdo it you should be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2015, 12:33 AM

Numbered lots have a specific parking space with a unique number that is reserved for the pass holder to park in. No one else may park in that space. You get the same exact space for the entire season if you are the IPTAY member assigned that spot.

Area lots do not have numbered, specific spaces. It is general admission parking. You will be directed to the next available space. The later you arrive, the less desirable space you will get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of parking spot doesn't allow for tailgating?!

Aug 24, 2015, 1:17 AM

That's blasphemy in Clemson!!

I couldn't imagine the horror!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, I did see there was a family designated lot. First

Aug 25, 2015, 12:34 AM

visit to Clemson, I plan getting mildly drunk, grilling, and seeing a great game. It indeed would be horrible to buy a pass and learn that no booze allowed in the lot.

Thank you all for advice, looking forward to a great weekend. At ND, there is no such thing as numbered spots, just large named lots, but the parking within each of them is all first come, first served.

I suppose too for the area lots, if want to get an edge spot with some extra room for cornhole, etc. get there right at 7am-8am?

Aug 24, 2015, 7:14 AM

Numbered spot = specific, reserved parking spaces; you park in the same place every week. These lots are the premium lots and closer to the stadium.

Area spot = you still have to have a parking pass for that lot, but once you're in you park in any free space you can find. If you arrive late there's a small to middling chance that the lot may be full, in which case I'm actually not sure what will happen.

Numbered lots are in higher demand, obviously, and will cost you more.

All parking lots allow tailgating and adult beverages.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic