Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season

Jul 13, 2020, 12:19 PM

Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season

Clemson is full speed ahead in its preparations for a football season. As positive test numbers for COVID continue to skyrocket across the region and in South Carolina, the Tigers are still preparing to play football with many critical components beginning today. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

based on anedotal evidence from friends and family

Jul 13, 2020, 12:27 PM

Temp checks are useless. My friend is on DAy 16 of headache, body ache , nausea, fatigue...loss of taste and smell, no appetite, GI issues (for 10 of the 16 days) No fever at all. the rest of her family also positive, had other symptoms, but no fever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: based on anedotal evidence from friends and family

Jul 15, 2020, 2:36 PM

Temp checks are not useless but no definitive either way. If you are taking temp every day and you have other symptoms and your temp goes up you may need medical attention. If you have no symptoms and temp goes up you might need to be more careful around others. You might be infected and have no temp and no other symptoms and infect others.
We also need contact tracing and isolation of those who are positive or been tested and no results.

PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET

Jul 13, 2020, 12:35 PM

What does "SKYROCKET" mean? Please use facts and figures. "Skyrocket" sounds like some hack Yahoo journalist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET

Jul 13, 2020, 1:27 PM

What does "SKYROCKET" mean? Please use facts and figures. "Skyrocket" sounds like some hack Yahoo journalist.

This has been bugging me too. Soaring, skyrocketing, exploding, etc. It’s everywhere in the media, and I don’t think they consider it for a moment how that sensationalizes the situation. How about just state that something is rising or increasing and by how much. Also, when the virus curve was being flattened did they describe that as “crushing” the infection? No that doesn’t seem to apply when things are going the other direction.

Jul 13, 2020, 1:32 PM

Ok,
Let me put it this way. Two months ago a major hospital in Columbia was sending my wife home because they had no patients. Today the same hospital Is filled to almost capacity. So I would say this means Skyrocketing

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 1:40 PM

Just wondering if they are all Covid cases? And are they treating other than Covid? TIA.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 2:42 PM

No, They are not all Corona 19 cases. They have elective surgeries going on as the didn’t before. Some are just ill for other reasons. The rest are corona 19 patients.

Jul 13, 2020, 4:13 PM

Probably dealing with a lot of illness because routine procedures were put on hold. The hospital's are also trying to do catch, in regards to finances, keeping the elective procedures fully booked to make up the lost revenue when they sent everyone home waiting for hospitals to fill with covid-19 patients (that never did).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET ]

Just wondering if they are all Covid cases? And are they treating other than Covid? TIA.

Jul 13, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET ]

"Siri, I need a synonym for rising that makes it sound important"

"Sure, are you a journalist? I found these words you can use"

Jul 13, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET ]

are you sure you didn't go to school in columbia.. the number of cases are skyrocketing.. you don't even have to be a rocket scientist to understand the context , does the below help?

"(Reuters) WHO sounds alarm as coronavirus cases rise by one million in five days
- The number of coronavirus infections around the world hit 13 million on Monday, according to a Reuters tally, climbing by a million in just five days. "

now if you’re singing some starland vocal band,

Jul 13, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET ]

it’s okay to use “skyrocket”.

AND PLEASE EFFING STOP USING IMMUNITY WHEN IT DOESN'T APPLY

Jul 13, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to PLEASE EFFING STOP USING ADJECTIVES LIKE SKYROCKET ]

There is proof released from the medical community that shows it's quite possible you are not immune 2-3 months after having COVID-19.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

This makes our football program look completely out of touch

Jul 13, 2020, 12:44 PM

with what is going on with COVID-19. As the saying goes, perception is reality, and the message being sent is that we care about football more than the health and livelihood of our student-athletes, coaches, university employees, and fans.

As I stated recently, this is a prime chance for us to be a leader when it comes to a big time college football program. This is an opportunity for a "football school" to say that there actually are things more important than football.

Come on Clemson, do the right thing here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I don't think we'll play. I look at these practices like

Jul 13, 2020, 12:48 PM

the extra practice you get when you're 6-6 and get to go to a meaningless minor bowl. Take advantage of every practice opportunity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This makes our football program look completely out of touch

Jul 13, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to This makes our football program look completely out of touch ]

I totally agree Clemson needs to be the example in this case. By the way it looks pretty glum for football this fall.

Re: This makes our football program look completely out of touch

Jul 13, 2020, 6:11 PM

THANK YOU, CHINA!!

Re: TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season

Jul 13, 2020, 12:51 PM

There is no such thing as "full speed ahead" when you don't control your own destiny.

The brakes will be slammed in a couple of weeks.

Jul 13, 2020, 1:20 PM

I didn't get the "fan survey," I guess I don't give enough money - nice gesture though and I'd like to see the results though it will have no impact on what happens. Sadly I have to agree, whether you like the term "Skyrocketing" or not, that is about as mild a term as you can use based on the data for many states including SC. Maybe we can slow the snowball down but it won't be easy and it won't be without cost so lots of value judgements still to be made.

Jul 13, 2020, 3:59 PM

I'm gonna take my skyrocket, tie it to that snowball and melt that sucka down. Once it is flattened I'm gonna jump on my jet ski and go hunt that herd of manatees I keep hearin about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season ]

Are you an IPTAY member and season ticket holder?

Suck it, season dumpers!!!***

Jul 13, 2020, 1:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Jul 13, 2020, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 13, 2020, 2:08 PM

Bottom line is this... there will not be a vaccine regardless of the breathless readers in the media say. Our only out to this is herd immunity. The only way to herd immunity without a vaccine is people have to get sick. Protect the vulnerable and go about your business. I understand nobody ever wants to get sick, but that is part of the human experience. The sooner we get to herd immunity (60-70% infected) the sooner we can get back to pre Covid life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 2:08 PM

Bottom line is this... there will not be a vaccine regardless of the breathless readers in the media say. Our only out to this is herd immunity. The only way to herd immunity without a vaccine is people have to get sick. Protect the vulnerable and go about your business. I understand nobody ever wants to get sick, but that is part of the human experience. The sooner we get to herd immunity (60-70% infected) the sooner we can get back to pre Covid life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 3:21 PM

I have seen some longitudinal studies coming back that indicate immunity might be short-lived, and for at least some cases of re-infection, COVID might be more virulent in subsequent infections. My perception of COVID significantly changed upon hearing that this might be the case. This wouldn't bode well for the hope of achieving heard immunity.

Jul 13, 2020, 6:13 PM

THANK YOU, CHINA!!

Jul 13, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season ]

Heard immunity for COVID-19 is a pipe dream unless we are willing to be hamstrung for another 18-24 months. Plus, we don't even know yet how long this "immunity" would last.

Vaccines are the only way out of this without our economy going back to the stone age. Options should become available late this year.

Suggestion: Start getting used to the possibility vaccines must be given annually.

Jul 13, 2020, 5:25 PM

No need to be hamstrung. Simply protect the vulnerable and get back to life. Most will have a mild symptoms. Many will get sick like the flu. But once we have some form of herd immunity even if it returns, not everyone will get sick at once like the first time.

Jul 13, 2020, 7:20 PM

If ignorant people would quit acting like wearing a mask violates their constitutional rights, we wouldn't be where we are now and your idea might work.

Unfortunately, this is America where acting like a fool is regularly practiced by people all over the spectrum. In other words, "getting back to life" as it was is just not possible my friend. It will begin only when vaccines are administered.

If people hadn't gotten complacent when restrictions were loosened, I fully believe college football would have happened in some way, shape or form this year.

If [1] herd immunity could develop in only 2-3 months (which it can't), [2] if trying it would not cause catastrophic breakdowns in healthcare all over the country (which we know from experience it would) and [3] if protecting the vulnerable was possible with the infection rate exploding, I'd be all for it.

There is a reason nearly all the folks who were earlier shouting herd immunity was the solution have given up. The idea has been blown to bits because it would take nearly 2 years to work and permanent immunity after having COVID remains a huge question mark.

Jul 13, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season ]

THANK YOU, CHINA!!

Jul 13, 2020, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football COVID-19 Update: Full speed ahead for season ]

THANK YOU, CHINA!!

Want a FB season, play it safe, Tiger fans@ Mask and

Jul 13, 2020, 2:34 PM

socially distant please!

Yay Footsballs !!!

Jul 13, 2020, 4:56 PM

Not gonna happen this fall, but Yay nonetheless.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 5:31 PM

If the students return to campus, there is no reason not to have a football season. Even if the fans cannot come, give students and faculty free admission to sit anywhere in the lower bowl. They can socially distance if they want (it's not like they are not around each other everyday already). That way the senior students and athletes whose college experience has already crashed and burned, can at least salvage one more season and hopefully another Natty.

Jul 20, 2020, 11:03 AM

As a long time Gvl-Sptbg and then Charleston resident who now lives in S. Florida, where we are considered a "hot spot" as is S.C. at the moment, I would like to tell your this story. One of my friends here is the office manager at a Medical Facility here in Ft Lauderdale and their facility routinely does Cover-19 test, normally sending out 20 to 25 tests per day. One of the reports came back and 100% were positive so they next day SHE added two swabs that were clean, meaning never used. Guess what, that batch came back 100% positive as well. Seems to me the testing sites are sending out bogus results, and why would they do this. I would guess it has something to do with money.

Jul 20, 2020, 11:09 AM

You can’t say that on here, anything that shows the numbers are not correct will get you blasted . So many on here want the numbers to be higher rather than lower ,It’s mind boggling .

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic