Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all

Dec 2, 2015, 11:04 AM

Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all

Danny Ford knows a little something about Clemson football and a little something about winning a national championship, and when he says the Tigers have a shot to win it all he means it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all

Dec 2, 2015, 11:09 AM

:)

I'm pretty sure he meant

Dec 2, 2015, 11:10 AM

Watson is even better off the field than on. But I'm no writer, my stuff is still getting the red pen treatment, so who knows.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure you're right***

Dec 2, 2015, 11:15 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 2, 2015, 11:14 AM

Danny Ford is definitely "old school" and there isn't anything wrong with that. It definitely is what it is.

And, Dabo has found the secret to getting this team to respond to his & his assistants coaching tactics.

Go Tigers and beat the he!! out of the Tarholes!!!

Dec 2, 2015, 6:15 PM

Yes Danny is old school, and being Danny Ford Square pants today doesn't bother him at all bc his ways worked just fine for him in his time as HC. I will always love and respect him for what he meant for Clemson FB. I can promise every Tiger fan in the world, it doesn't bother him a bit that Dabo dances and having a good time with his players. Just in his time, the big brawn tobacco chewing coaches didn't listen to rap or hard rock music and dance around in the locker room with his player. In Danny's time, if he would have done that, he surely would have been fired. And accused of letting his players dance around in the locker room while listening to Devil music!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny Ford hasn't changed and I love him just the way he is!

Dec 2, 2015, 11:23 AM

Danny tells it like is, those are some very fine youngsters... I can't imagine him dancing or playing the music but he understands this is a different time and loves Dabo for it.

Love Danny's humility!

Go Tigers win it all! Thank you Lord for Dabo and Danny!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all

Dec 2, 2015, 11:26 AM

Well it don't take a scientific rocket to know Clemson has a shot. Lol classic Danny.
GO TIGERS!!!

Maybe it's just me, but...

Dec 2, 2015, 11:48 AM

at the beginning of this season I thought that 2016 would be our year. Don't get me wrong - I knew we would be good, but I have to admit I didn't see 12-0 coming. Just keep the magic alive, Tigers, and keep doing what you're doing (minus the turnovers, of course). We are witnessing a dynasty in the making! Stay tuned...

Beat the 'Holes and bring home the ACC trophy! How ironic would it be to win 13-0? That may be the right margin, but with a lot more points on the board.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Maybe it's just me, but...

Dec 2, 2015, 12:53 PM

Me Too. I thought we'd be a 9-3 team with a possibility of going 10-2 ( both of these outcomes include beating USuC ). Our defense kept us in games early in the season and now that they're a little banged up the offense has picked up the slack....but heck that's what winner do for each other.

12-0... we're winners !!!!!!!!

I've never been a "wait till next year" kind of person

Dec 2, 2015, 2:00 PM

too much can happenb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2015, 11:41 AM

Love Danny. Awesome in his time, just like Howard was in his. The evolution of Clemson football has been fun to watch.

I'm guessing Danny hates the woo-hoo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Coach Ford is a class act, speaking about how a.......

Dec 2, 2015, 12:51 PM

National Championship will have such a positive impact on the University........he does not show bitterness at all toward CU after what happened in '89 with the folks running the University back then.

I can hear him now saying something to this effect, We have "very, very fine football team", now if we can get those "youngsters" to "hold on to the ball", CU should be just fine against UNC.

Dec 2, 2015, 1:44 PM

I'm gonna get called a coot for this, but I'm starting to think less of Danny Ford. He's seems kind of overly critical. I'm a second generation Clemson Tiger too, graduating in 2 weeks. My dad was here during 81.

Dabo is a way better coach than Danny. Plus, I feel like Dabo does things the right way. He runs a clean program and genuinely cares about his people and Clemon. Danny Ford kinda has a dark cloud looming over his success.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2015, 6:37 PM

Danny was a very good FB coach with the way thing were done back then. And I do know that when we're getting older, we do expect people younger than us to do things better bc we expect them to have the same wisdom we have learned through our years. He's not being anymore critical than we are, and only bc like us, he wants Dabo to do his best and be successful for and at Clemson!!! Danny is a Clemson fan even though Clemson wasn't his last coaching job. Danny Ford loves Clemson just like the rest of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Overly Critical - Way Better Coach

Dec 2, 2015, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all ]

cc: He's seems kind of overly critical. Everything he said was exactly correct. He was much more gentle about our recent struggles than he could have/should have been.
cc: Dabo is a way better coach than Danny. You were born long after Coach Ford was at Clemson but somehow you know that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense but ... learn your place.

Dec 2, 2015, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all ]

You have no idea what sacrilege and true ignorance yout have uttered. Danny was an inspiration to all hard working dedicated people who aspired to do big things without being born with the 'silver spoon ".

He was a winner when everyone in the country laughed, doubted, even were sure we were not capable. He did it and the world wouldn't accept he could do it without cheating. Hence the sentence.

He deserves to be honored, revered, and remembered as a great. A great ... critical ... leader.

Thinking less of him because of his critical evaluation is a youthful mistake, but a mistake none the less. He deserves better, even from ignorant youthful exuberance

That's all I have to say.
Jon P. Rust

Re: No offense but ... learn your place.

Dec 3, 2015, 10:56 PM

Exactly!!!

Dec 2, 2015, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Danny Ford: Tigers have a shot to win it all ]

Coot! Danny would have coached well right now. Hard work and preparation was his philosophy, and it's the same with Dabo. Music is music, and dances are dances, and I remember players having a good time in 1981. Times change, but the roots of football don't.

What little doubt I had.....

Dec 2, 2015, 2:20 PM

is now gone. Spot the #### ball! Let's GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always great to hear Danny chime in...brings back...

Dec 2, 2015, 4:56 PM

...great memories.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

strange that we dont get more regulare weigh-ins from coach ford

Dec 2, 2015, 8:20 PM

"There are a lot of ways to lose a football game, and there are probably more ways to lose a game than there are to win one"

The rest of his quotes he was channeling captain obvious, but this one was pretty great. That's a coach talking, and it emphasizes just how difficult it is to go undefeated - really hard - no matter how good you are or how bad the other team is.

But this team does it. Saturday is probably a bigger challenge than FSU or ND. This team is ready.

Dec 4, 2015, 6:56 AM

Danny Ford is a great coach ! I like hearing his perspective . He always had his team ready to win the big games by winning on the line of scrimmage .

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic