Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out of ACC Race, Clemson Focuses on Bowl Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Nov 5, 2006, 10:47 AM

Clemson’s dreams of an ACC Championship ended Saturday when Maryland kicker Dan Ennis drilled a 31-yard field goal as time expired in the Terrapins 13-12 victory in front of an announced crowd of 79,000 at Clemson’s Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YAY, we're bowl eligible again...

Nov 5, 2006, 10:48 AM

SAAAWWWEEEAAAATTTTT!!!!!!

*rolls eyes*

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

We can fax our way into Charlotte Bowl***

Nov 5, 2006, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We can fax our way into Charlotte Bowl***

Nov 5, 2006, 10:58 AM

You would hope these guys would stop looking at the big picture, if they would aproach the season game by game, quarter by quarter, play by play, maybe they could win a game that means something...looks like Charlotte or Boise from this standpoint, I dont want to sound too negative on those 2 bowls, however if our team was a little more prepared and motivated, we could have been heading to Miami

Nov 5, 2006, 12:57 PM

Very Good I agree. It is the coaching staff's job to get a team up for a game. If you look back this has happened time and time again under Tommy. Remember the beating at Wake Forest, lost at Duke and the beating we took at VT last week.

If a coach can't get his team up for the games, no matter who we are playing, then you must wonder if that is a coach that can take CU to the next level. I do not believe we have the coach to take us to the next level. Are we content to always be an "also ran"? I hope not.

Nov 5, 2006, 1:49 PM

Yes, a very special season has slipped away...but...let's not throw our coach under the bus...at 7-1 we were all pumped up...now we've got to pull together and finish strong...10 wins??? Sounds pretty doggone sweet to me!

Nov 5, 2006, 2:40 PM

I agree, three weeks ago everyone was very excited about the clemson football team! We were "the best one win team in the nation" remember? I understand the media turning on us, but we can't turn on ourselves. I blame us and the ignorant fans who took the time to boo at yesterdays game. Not coach bowden or coach spence. You have good games, you have bad games. Fans cheer at both! If you would have told me the injuries we would have before the season began, and then told me inspite of all those injuries, we could still finish with nine regular season wins, i would have said you were crazy! Bowden has our program headed in the right direction. We are the only football team i know of that has played ten straight games. We are mentally and physically tired, and that can happen to anybody. If you want to throw someone under a bus, throw yourself. The clemson nation will be better off for it!

Nov 5, 2006, 6:24 PM

I agree! It's okay to be disappointed that we didn't end up where our expectations had us, but we can't abandon ANYONE or ANYTHING that's in place at CU right now. Last year, everyone would have killed for a 8 or 9 win season THIS year. Don't be ignorant and allow your "wants" to out-kick your reality.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Nov 6, 2006, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: We can fax our way into Charlotte Bowl*** ]

I watched the film as well. I, like most "arm chair coaches" I was critical of the players and the play calling. I thought all day about the lost and all night. I watched and the replay on CSTV Sunday and tried to figure out what went wrong. How can we can go from destroying GT, 10th in the polls, to going to out of the top 25. I tip my hat to VT, a better team that night. Maryland, enjoy the gift. Did Will have a bad game, (18-27, 251 yds, avg 9.3 and no INTS). He had better numbers than Sam Hollenbach(23-34, 247, 7.3, 1 TD and 1 int. What about rushing?143 not our usual, 250 plus, but we held them to 54 yds. Time of possesion went out way, one area that I saw might make me shake my head is Maryland hand 2 more first downs (16-18). The one area I hold me head down and point to his points in the red zone. Both teams were 100% inside the Red Zone, CU 4 field goals and Maryland 2 fgs and 1 td. There is the difference; POINTS IN THE REDZONE. CU moved th ball and got in scoring opportunity, the redzone. What did CU do different inside the redzone to not score. I have coached football and I do realize the play calling is different because the field is shortened. So I watcehd the game, 95% of the plays inside the redzone were runs, ver right ver left. The one pass that I recall was the swing pass to CJ on 3rd and goal in the 4th qtr after the TD that was called back. We, CU Coaches have to do soemthing different. If we are going to stand by the run, players need to execute and make the big block, stretch out the run. CU has not scored a TD in 7 quarters. We, as fans can not get down on CU, we as well need to rise up and be just as supportive as we were at the GT game. YES, we are all wondering what happened, confused, mad, and whatever else you may feel. We do have 3 games left, a chance to have a 10 win season. CU has not had a 10 win season since when?(1990). Coach B, has always challenged his players to make the play. We need to challenge ourself, not to give up and continue to cheer, OUR TIGERS on to a 10 game win season. CU Nation rise up, and make a stand, Cadance Call CLEMSON TIGERS, fight tiger, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight.

Actually, long-shot chance for Jax & we better focus on NCSU

Nov 5, 2006, 7:38 PM

first.

For Clemson to go to Jax:
Wake loses 2 to FSU, VT and beats MD, ending up 5-3 with 2 division losses. Maryland loses all 3 to Wake, BC, and Miami, ending up 4-4. BC loses 2 to Duke, Miami, and beats MD, ending up 4-4. Clemson beats N.C. State.

That would be a 2-way tiebreaker between Wake and Clemson with Clemson winning head-to-head tiebreaker.

That being said, the odds are 1,000,000 to 1....If this does happen, the odds to win the ACC Champ. game are 5,000,000 to 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Actually, long-shot chance for Jax & we better focus on NCSU

Nov 5, 2006, 9:32 PM

It isn't as bad as you make it. If we beat NCS,WF loses to VT and FSU, BC loses to Maimi and MD loses to MIami, BC and WF. CU, BC and WF each have three losses and two division losses and we each beat each other. Who wins the division? If it is the highest ranked team we may sneak in since the other teams will have loss one or two games in the final two weeks an we will have won our last two if we can beat the coots.

Re: Out of ACC Race, Clemson Focuses on Bowl Game

Nov 5, 2006, 9:40 PM

Not quite!! Who wins if: Cu beats NCS,WF loses to FSU and VT, BC loses to Maimi, MD loses to Maimi, BC and WF. CU,WF and BC all have three conf losses and two division losses. ALso we all beat each other head to head.If it is the highest ranked team we may sneak in there since the other teams will lose one or two games in the last two weeks and if we can beat the coots we will have won two.

Nov 6, 2006, 8:50 AM

I agree, it amazes me how everyone is giving up already and dismissing this season. We still have a lot to play for, ACC title or not. FSU proved last year that a team is never really out of it. Our team and fans should have the same attitude. Starting off well got everyone's expectations out of whack. Wake up people, if you want to get off the bandwagon then get your butt off b/c the rest of us don't want you, go pull for the Coots b/c they need all of the fan support they can get after all of their fans leave at halftime.

Nov 6, 2006, 1:05 PM

I agree. I was very upset with game. I watched the film as well. I, like most "arm chair coaches" I was critical of the players and the play calling. I thought all day about the lost and all night. I watched and the replay on CSTV Sunday and tried to figure out what went wrong. How can we can go from destroying GT, 10th in the polls, to going to out of the top 25. I tip my hat to VT, a better team that night. Maryland, enjoy the gift. Did Will have a bad game, (18-27, 251 yds, avg 9.3 and no INTS). He had better numbers than Sam Hollenbach(23-34, 247, 7.3, 1 TD and 1 int. What about rushing?143 not our usual, 250 plus, but we held them to 54 yds. Time of possesion went out way, one area that I saw might make me shake my head is Maryland hand 2 more first downs (16-18). The one area I hold me head down and point to his points in the red zone. Both teams were 100% inside the Red Zone, CU 4 field goals and Maryland 2 fgs and 1 td. There is the difference; POINTS IN THE REDZONE. CU moved th ball and got in scoring opportunity, the redzone. What did CU do different inside the redzone to not score. I have coached football and I do realize the play calling is different because the field is shortened. So I watched the game, 95% of the plays inside the redzone were runs, ver right ver left. The one pass that I recall was the swing pass to CJ on 3rd and goal in the 4th qtr after the TD that was called back. We, CU Coaches have to do soemthing different. If we are going to stand by the run, players need to execute and make the big block, stretch out the run. CU has not scored a TD in 7 quarters. We, as fans can not get down on CU, we as well need to rise up and be just as supportive as we were at the GT game. YES, we are all wondering what happened, confused, mad, and whatever else you may feel. We do have 3 games left, a chance to have a 10 win season. CU has not had a 10 win season since when?(1990). Coach B, has always challenged his players to make the play. We need to challenge ourself, not to give up and continue to cheer, OUR TIGERS on to a 10 game win season. CU Nation rise up, and make a stand, Cadance Call CLEMSON TIGERS, fight tiger, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight.

Nov 6, 2006, 7:32 AM

With a 12 game season and 3 week teams on the schedule, getting to a bowl was a gimme. Without that scenario we're on the verge of another 7-4 mediocre season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2006, 10:15 AM

I watched the film as well. I, like most "arm chair coaches" I was critical of the players and the play calling. I thought all day about the lost and all night. I watched and the replay on CSTV Sunday and tried to figure out what went wrong. How can we can go from destroying GT, 10th in the polls, to going to out of the top 25. I tip my hat to VT, a better team that night. Maryland, enjoy the gift. Did Will have a bad game, (18-27, 251 yds, avg 9.3 and no INTS). He had better numbers than Sam Hollenbach(23-34, 247, 7.3, 1 TD and 1 int. What about rushing?143 not our usual, 250 plus, but we held them to 54 yds. Time of possesion went out way, one area that I saw might make me shake my head is Maryland hand 2 more first downs (16-18). The one area I hold me head down and point to his points in the red zone. Both teams were 100% inside the Red Zone, CU 4 field goals and Maryland 2 fgs and 1 td. There is the difference; POINTS IN THE REDZONE. CU moved th ball and got in scoring opportunity, the redzone. What did CU do different inside the redzone to not score. I have coached football and I do realize the play calling is different because the field is shortened. So I watcehd the game, 95% of the plays inside the redzone were runs, ver right ver left. The one pass that I recall was the swing pass to CJ on 3rd and goal in the 4th qtr after the TD that was called back. We, CU Coaches have to do soemthing different. If we are going to stand by the run, players need to execute and make the big block, stretch out the run. CU has not scored a TD in 7 quarters. We, as fans can not get down on CU, we as well need to rise up and be just as supportive as we were at the GT game. YES, we are all wondering what happened, confused, mad, and whatever else you may feel. We do have 3 games left, a chance to have a 10 win season. CU has not had a 10 win season since when?(1990). Coach B, has always challenged his players to make the play. We need to challenge ourself, not to give up and continue to cheer, OUR TIGERS on to a 10 game win season. CU Nation rise up, and m,ake a stand, Cadance Call CLEMSON TIGERS, fight tiger, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight.

Nov 6, 2006, 6:45 PM

Bunch of ### Bush republicans. Woulda, shoulda , coulda. If you noticed Spurrier, he yanked his starter and put the pedo in and nearly won. 'Till the boy bowden grows some, we will continue to be a second rater. It's been a quarter CENTURY, folks. We ain't nothing but a bunch of noise.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic