Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm just goin' to leave this here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I'm just goin' to leave this here

Jul 1, 2020, 8:58 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/surgeon-general-if-you-want-college-football-this-year-wear-a-mask/ar-BB16aZLS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart..

Jul 1, 2020, 9:59 AM

and 1/2 of the customers there (young & Red Neck looking people) weren’t wearing either.

But, didn’t I hear Tuesday that Georgia Governor has mandated Face Masks starting today (July 1st)?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart..

Jul 1, 2020, 10:04 AM

Me and my wife were in a store this past weekend that had a sign up saying that masks were required to enter. We're walking in the store, and this redneck couple has their masks pulled down from their face and hanging around their necks. I heard the woman say that the sign said they were required to have a mask, but the sign didn't say it had to cover their faces.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:11 AM

People who are intentionally disobeying the rules , the willfully ignorant shirking community responsibility on this thing are driving the bus . Those of us who've made the effort to follow guidelines and expert advice are only passengers on it .
The dumbest among us have the reigns .
Isn't that wonderful ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 1, 2020, 12:41 PM

Well said. The social contract fails when people refuse to buy into it. It’s funny all of the concessions to “liberty” the willfully ignorant make everyday because they were already in place when they were born. But any new restrictions are a bridge too far.

Jul 1, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

Uh oh, I'm shamed. Guess I've been told. Trust me, dude, I don't want to be near you with a mask more than you don't want to be near me without a mask. I'm not wearing a mask and if a store requires it then my money is just as good at the store down the road. This whole thing has been fake. The numbers are even real. They've added tens of thousands of cases that were never even tested and this non-sense that it equals out because there are deaths that aren't counted is the biggest crock. When someone dies they don't dig a hole in the back yard and throw the body in, nope the dead actually has to taken by the corner or a funeral home and don't think for a second they aren't getting tested. You mean Corners or funeral homes are that ignorant right now? I don't think so but there have been numerous deaths where the CDC has said it's alright to assume and presume so we know the number are fudge based on their own words. There has been NO evidence of these mysterious deaths not being counted. My father-law's mother passed not a week ago and she was given a test though we know for a fact she died of natural causes because she had been going down hill this whole past year. Plus don't get me started on the nursing home fiasco where untold thousands upon thousands were sentenced to death by horrible crocked evil Governors putting death orders out for nursing homes. If this was half as bad as they claimed you dang right I'd be wearing mask, gloves and a full body suit but it isn't. There have been SO many contradictory statements made you can't trust a word they say you just have to add up the evidence and the evidence I see say some of you have fallen hook, line and sinker for a media pandemic. When the "professionals come out after months of testing and say asymptomatic cases were not contagious then the very next day withdrew that statement you don't ask yourself after months of studies it only took them a few hours to re-study what took them months in just a few hours to come right back the next day and say "oh nevermind what we said yesterday". I know some of you think we live in a rainbow and skittles world but there are people out there evil people who have agendas and usually those agendas show themselves every 4 years or what others would call an election year. So quit with your mask shaming because science says that without a vaccine that young healthy people need to get the virus. Oh by the way there's a reason why almost all the positive cases in Clemson's athletic teams are asymptomatic. Like I said before and I'll say again. We need to protect the elderly and the sick just like during flu season and the rest of us need to go about our day NORMALLY.

Jul 1, 2020, 2:22 PM

Aidan,

I think you are absolutely wrong on a number of your baseless assumptions, but let's put that argument aside for a moment. Let's say that all of the thousands of medical experts at the CDC and Infectious Diseases and doctors & nurses all across the nation only have the same chance os being correct that you do (in your magnificence).

Wouldn't it still be the smart and easy way forward to wear your mask and practice social distancing ? I mean, how hard is it to take those simple precautions to protect your fellow Americans - even if it has only a 50% chance of being necessary ?

What is it that is really motivating you to take such a petulant stance ??

Jul 1, 2020, 6:58 PM

Toby, I TUed you because this is the most reasonable tone I've heard from you for awhile.

I cannot speak for Aidan, with whom I agree much of the time, though it sounds like he has given up on caring.

But I can speak for myself and make observations about the hundreds of people I encounter every day in GA and SC at up to a dozen retail establishments.

Unless Blacks have started voting Republican, neither political party is wearing masks in public. I'm not sure why it's outrageous for white, fat and at-risk people to disregard the intent of the rule, but okay for Black, fat and at-risk people to disobey it entirely (as Bill seemed to imply). It's not. I realize it's inconvenient to carry a mask in your car, but come on people, if you can carry a DL, you can carry a mask and wear it inside.

Since I started reading this thread, I've watched >60 people walk into this Pilot store in Siloam, GA. No more than 18 were wearing a mask.

The biggest problem is that NO ONE CARES, BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF BEING TOLD WHAT TO CARE ABOUT, especially when the people who set themselves up as our social consciences have proven to be ignorant, inconsistent, incompetent or agenda-driven, and primarily live in 3 very liberal cities. AND THEN WE'RE TOLD WE'RE EVIL RACISTS BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T EDUCATED OURSELVES ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT OUR MORAL BETTERS HAVE TO ENDURE BY LIVING AMONGST US.

What a crock of you-know-what.

We're tired of being jerked around. We're not dogs on a leash, or oxen pulling the American Dream wagon while our betters ride in the back.

Southerners are counting on immunity. They are convinced they're going to have to build immunity somehow, so they might as well get Covid now. No one is addressing what the endgame will need to be if immunity doesn't last more than a few months, as some tests are showing.

But what then? If there is no such thing as long term immunity, will we ever start school, sports, church, or jobs again? Oh, protests are essential for our national public mental health, so we know we'll always have those, but what about activities that enable us to build our society instead of tearing it down? What credible sources are talking about this? And I'm not referring to Talk Radio.

If Covid is going to be like the T-Rex in Land of the Lost (an ever-present danger), why shouldn't we live our lives?

I get the mask and social distancing thing, becauseI don't want to endanger people I care about. But you've got to admit that the ever-moving goalposts make it hard to take some of their guidelines seriously.

**BTW, you might notice I followed the NYT policy of capitalizing the word "Black" when describing a person of color but did not capitalize "white". They sent me a long explanation of their rationale but i won't bore the bored with it unless someone asks for it.

Jul 1, 2020, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

Thanks for the empathy for others. The mask is for our sick and/or elderly loved ones. It’s not about taking away your rights. Do my parents have a right to live? Does my daughter get to enjoy a normal college experience? Think about others. If you have any $ maybe you should think of yourself. A depression is coming if we don’t get this under control.

Re: a depression is coming if we don't get this under control

Jul 2, 2020, 1:49 AM

See, this is what makes us all roll our eyes.

You can't control a pandemic, especially when millions of us have it!

If we end up in a depression (which I agree, under current trends is inevitable) it won't be because we all got Covid--it will be because we all stopped working in order to avoid it.

But municipal and state and federal governments are more worried about liability and blame than being realistic. The time to stop it was immediately. Once 10% of us got it--which was caused by the protests and the reactive "well, if they're not going to prosecute the people burning down buildings, they can't exactly prosecute me for going to the beach"--the outcome became inevitable. Interestingly, the "irresponsible early openings" of SC and GA made no difference statistically.

I know South Carolinians appear stupid to the smart people. I wish we were taking basic precautions out of simple consideration. But in the long run, we're all going to get it except for those who hibernate. So who's really the stupid ones? The ones working to avoid a depression, or the ones taking extended staycations which may cause the crash of the dollar?

Re: a depression is coming if we don't get this under control

Jul 2, 2020, 8:49 PM

I agree with you but I also know they are going to close down businesses again. The virus has a fairly low death rate, but when the numbers add up, the media drives hysteria, and hospital beds fill up we will all be impacted. Masks slow the spread and we all should use them. I and my family use a mask anytime we are in public or interacting except when social distancing with friends or running and cross the street if someone is coming. We are healthy and not doing it for us, but for public health reasons.

Jul 1, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

That's the result of decades of corrupt government and media. People don't trust the government or the news media to tell them the truth. Rightly so; most of those clowns would rather "climb a tree to tell a lie than stand flat footed on the ground and tell the truth." Everyone has an agenda, and people assume they have one where COVID is concerned. Right, wrong or indifferent, we are reaping a very unpleasant harvest and it probably isn't going away very soon. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

required in the city of savannah starting today***

Jul 1, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

A certain poster named after a Kelloggs cereal isn't

Jul 1, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

going to like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: A certain poster named after a Kelloggs cereal isn't

Jul 1, 2020, 11:10 PM

Count Chocula?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

Bill,
I have always enjoyed your posts. But this one doesn’t seem to fit your bill (<<- see what I did there).
Anyways please explain your description of “redneck couple” (statement is rhetorical) But my point is with all this race talk and labels and protests going on do these comments not insinuate a cultural, prejudice, or even racial derogatory description? I’m just pointing this out because I feel like people are being very hypocritical about this recent topic and there is some double standard growing.
I’m not labeling you a hypocrite or trying to call you out in anyway. Just simply trying to bring these types of examples to light that I feel just get over looked indirectly.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Out in SAV Ga yesterday & no masks seen except @ Walmart.. ]

So your saying the older "thug looking" crowd ain't getting the flu

Again.... I'm Prepared...

Jul 1, 2020, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN... people, wear your ###### masks

Jul 1, 2020, 6:14 PM

As a college football addict and physician it irritates me to no end how many refuse to participate in something so simple in the interest of the greater good. There's absolutely NO DOUBT people masking up helps. NONE. Yet people for pride or arrogance or liberty or whatever the hell you wanna call it, refuse to do something so simple. This will likely cost us our CFB season, whether in total or in part. It's really that simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A mask doesn't stop a virus! Stop with the fake authority!***

Jul 1, 2020, 8:56 PM

Re: A mask doesn't stop a virus! Stop with the fake authority!***

Jul 1, 2020, 9:46 PM

Greercat,

And your expertise in this field is ???

Jul 1, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to A mask doesn't stop a virus! Stop with the fake authority!*** ]

Oh yeah? And what is your authority that trumps my md #####?

Jul 1, 2020, 11:52 PM [ in reply to A mask doesn't stop a virus! Stop with the fake authority!*** ]

In Asia, most people will wear a mask. They all have this under control. There was a Great Clips COVID positive hairdresser a few weeks back that was linked to 140 clients and co-workers... due to their mask policy ( or maybe you would think dumb luck) nobody else got sick. Maybe you should wear a mask

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic