Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out driving & disappointed 50% of people not wearing masks going into a store.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Out driving & disappointed 50% of people not wearing masks going into a store.

Apr 21, 2020, 4:15 PM

Why can’t people at least do this minor courtesy for themselves & others?!?

Note: Was out driving GF#1 to pick-up pre-ordered week’s worth of groceries that are delivered to your car..and both we & them wear masks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw the same thing today...

Apr 21, 2020, 4:37 PM

SMH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out driving & disappointed 50% of people not wearing masks going into a store.

Apr 21, 2020, 4:47 PM

Probably because most workers are around 100’s of people everyday that do not wear mask. I walk in manufacturing facility’s in SC and NC every day with 1000 + people working without mask. But soon as you get off work you need to put one one to go get Groceries?
Haven’t worn one yet and don’t plan on it.
But I don’t talk down upon the ones wearing one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out driving & disappointed 50% of people not wearing masks going into a store.

Apr 21, 2020, 5:03 PM

Garnet, you are proud that you do not give a #### about others? Wow

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2020, 5:13 PM

So you know me well enough to judge me ? I actually help unfortunate people very often. Just because I think wearing a mask is a waste of time makes me a bad person? Are you going to wear a mask for the rest of your life, and judge others for not doing so ? I personally believe we need to build up immunity to it, which is already happing. China has been wearing mask for years, seemed to help them with the virus.

Apr 21, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Out driving & disappointed 50% of people not wearing masks going into a store. ]

Have you always been an insufferable buffoon or is it a recent development?

Apr 22, 2020, 7:06 AM

Such aggressive talk hiding behind a keyboard, Opie.

Apr 21, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Out driving & disappointed 50% of people not wearing masks going into a store. ]

Not wearing a mask when you are in a store, is not about your health. My wife is in the very high risk category and if she gets COVID-19 her chances of survival are not good. Wearing a mask is to protect people like her,
When I absolutely have to go to a grocery store, if you give it to me I will probably recover, but if I bring it home to my wife she will probably die.
Please think of someone besides yourself.

i am disappointed also

Apr 21, 2020, 4:58 PM

In how many old people are still out driving. Most going 62 in a 70 in the left lane

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i am disappointed also

Apr 21, 2020, 5:47 PM

That's funny because I am an older citizen but not feeble and
out of shape and I have been behind many younger folks holding
my hosses back because they are driving slower or on their cell
phone.

Wasn't me - I still drive at least 80

Apr 21, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to i am disappointed also ]

and sometimes faster just to scare the youngsters who show no respect.

Re: i am disappointed also

Apr 23, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to i am disappointed also ]

Have patience and when the chance comes, pass them. In the scheme of things, that's one of the least of my problems.

Stay safe!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

must of us old pharts wear masks to help protect each other

Apr 21, 2020, 5:01 PM

but the millennials want us dead anyway so they don't have to pay for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2020, 5:21 PM

I'll give you an honest answer, Bill.

I have some N95 masks. They are hot and uncomfortable. I wear one when I have to wear one, and I don't really like it.

I stay 6+ feet away from everyone when I go to the grocery store. That will prevent me from sneezing on people or them sneezing on me. The risk, as I see it, is from surfaces + touching your face. So, I use hand sanitizer before I go into the store, and again when I leave the store. When I get home I wash my hands with soap and water. Those precautions, to me, are sufficient.

Also, it's illegal in the state of Georgia to wear masks for some reason. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry. I left the one I was able to get in my other car

Apr 21, 2020, 5:25 PM

this morning. I will try harder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 21, 2020, 5:27 PM

I'm disappointed that people aren't wearing face shields and a mask. Seriously a mask does very little to protect your eyes which have just as much chance of getting the virus for you. You don't get this virus from just breathing. You have to inhale droplets that contain the virus or by touching your eyes and nose without washing your hands. As long as a person is not sneezing or coughing around you then you probably don't have to worry about it. Not a doctor just going by what my girlfriend who is a nurse practitioner deals with every day. For the record we have agreed not to see each other until this is over for that reason.

Apr 21, 2020, 5:52 PM

She’s cheating....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 21, 2020, 6:40 PM

Too old to worry about that or care.If she cheats she cheats. Nobody is going to stop anyone from doing what they want to. lol

Apr 21, 2020, 6:44 PM

I know, I’m only kidding but normally a woman would think that. ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 21, 2020, 6:48 PM

Oh yeah I know you were just joking. You are right a woman would be like who are you seeing? Then start sending her friends by your house.lol

Apr 21, 2020, 5:53 PM

What “necessary” task were you completing while “driving around”? Aren’t you supposed to be staying home unless doing a necessary task? I’m disappointed that you would flaunt the recommendations of the government in such a heinous way. Why can’t you at least do that minor courtesy for yourself and others?

Apr 21, 2020, 5:55 PM

The problem with people wearing makeshift, N95 mask is that most don’t wear it correct and the others don’t clean it often enough. While in the military , we were assigned NBC equipment and every time we donned said equipment and even for a 30 sec exercise, we had to thoroughly clean it with isopropyl alcohol and wipes. Now, knowing that most stores are out of isopropyl alcohol and other wipes, the mask is nothing more than a petri dish of microscopic organisms. Lastly, this gives the average person a false sense of security because they think they are ok with the Petri dish on their face and they can touch it, get within six feet of another person and when they get in the car, they can throw the mask in the back seat with Johnnys shoes. I bet the same people don’t take their clothes and shoes off before coming inside and just contaminated the entire household.

I won't be wearing a mask for this...

Apr 21, 2020, 5:59 PM

...ridiculous episode of mostly fear mongering. It's not like we haven't been living around 1000's of virus's and bacteria all of our lives. If you're vulnerable and want to protect and quarantine yourself, that's fine. However, the numbers on this just aren't adding up to anything wildly out of the ordinary. The vast majority of America will sluff this off like every other respiratory ailment we have all survived for a lifetime.

Get back to your normal routines guys.

Quit watching Fox so much!***

Apr 21, 2020, 11:16 PM

I haven't had the TV on since the Superbowl...

Apr 22, 2020, 10:50 PM

...and don't presume to tell me what I can and can't watch! Capisce??

What if they can't afford the material or mask b/c they are

Apr 21, 2020, 6:26 PM

out of work?

What if they don't have time to make a mask b/c they are essential workers and have kids and are completely exhausted and they just needed to get some groceries quickly?

You see, older people are concerned about people showing courtesy to protect them from getting sick, but don't give any consideration to all the young people on the front lines keeping those older ones who have it from dying.

It's a crazy disease...it highlights how all of us are dependent and vulnerable in different ways. It's hard to judge who's right/wrong. Probably shouldn't judge anyway...according to the good book. Only one person can read hearts and know why people decide to take the actions they take.

Masks are easy made out of a bandanna or a old t-shirt or

Apr 21, 2020, 11:17 PM

socks.

At some point, you have to go into a store w/o a mask in

Apr 21, 2020, 6:30 PM

order to buy a mask. Hmm...

Also, at some point, everyone will get this disease unless we get a vaccine. That's truth. Until then, herd immunity s the only solution. You can't shut down the economy until that happens. And people can't wear masks forever. There will be revolt if that is the case.

So much misinformation

Apr 22, 2020, 8:09 AM

The virus is extremely small. N95 blocks close to 100% if it fits properly and is worn properly. Surgical masks are shown to block about 56%. Cloth masks 1% per layer. The difference is surgical masks are not made from normal cloth.

It bugged me too until I read about it - I think the authorities know they’re lying to us but just want us to feel more control in our lives. Just like they told us NOT to wear masks in the beginning b in truth because they didn’t want regular folks buying up all the N95 masks.

Masks might work 50/50 at best.

Apr 22, 2020, 8:16 AM

I've been sanding sheetrock wearing a homemade one. It's thick fabric and had it tied snug. I took it off after I was finished and my entire nose was white.

But I would say that it might prevent a cough or a sneeze from misting everywhere.

Apr 22, 2020, 9:26 AM

I am tired of going out to eat every night, Target twice a week, Home Depot for my essential painr, to the golf course 3 times a week, visiting Aunt Mrytle once a week to take her Marlboros, and no one wears a mask. We're trying to quarantine here people

Apr 23, 2020, 8:37 AM

not everyone has easy access to masks. I had a neighbor kindly make me one after I probably risked both our lives giving her a ride to the grocery store.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic