Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our schedule is weak because we are so strong...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,383

Our schedule is weak because we are so strong...

Apr 18, 2019, 3:00 PM

When does the fact that we are a dominant team factor in? We can’t help that every team is worse than we are right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our schedule is weak because we are so strong...

Apr 18, 2019, 3:30 PM

That's right..... ESPN needs to figure out that if 'Bama can improve, their schedule will become weaker.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Subject line just may me start singing in my head Jesus Loves Me***

Apr 18, 2019, 4:11 PM

Thank you sir! Not to mention I agree with your point as well.

Apr 18, 2019, 4:12 PM

Well duh ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our strength of schedule also does not reflect

Apr 18, 2019, 5:02 PM

the 3 games we intend to play in December and January. Additionally, it is based on "perceived" strength of opponents. Look at Syracuse last year. How did they perform vs expectations? How has our preseason strength of schedule compared to our postseason strength of schedule in recent years?

I admit that Wofford and Charlotte are weak sisters, but we are contractually obligated to play the 8 ACC opponents, and are electively playing two SEC opponents. Coots love to call us out on strength of schedule, but fail to realize that they are a part of it. Is it better to go 12-0 against a "weak" schedule, or 5-7 against an "SEC" schedule? We are about to find out, again, this year, coots.

All of this weak schedule squawking reminds me of "overrated" cheers...you must be overrated because someone who sucks as bad as us played you tough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 5:26 PM

South Caro-Whina fans are bemoaning the fact they have the toughest schedule the FBS for 2019..........according to ESPN Football Power Index.

Note that their FPI is NOT any sort of team ranking. It’s more a way to gauge how you’re likely to fare against your schedule. It’s relevant to how good your own team is.

That’s why Clemson has the easiest schedule according to that index. We’redamned good and expected to roll everyone.

That’s why South Carolina is viewed with this murderer’s row of a schedule. They’re expected to suck and they have to play 3 legitimate big boys then a couple more who clearly have more talented rosters.

But you give them our schedule and it suddenly isn’t the easiest in the land anymore. They simply wouldn’t be expected to run roughshod over those teams they way we’re supposed to.

Contrarily, you give us their schedule and it isn’t near as daunting.

Just some clarity for coots driving by.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 5:26 PM

Yep ..... When you are the best team in the country you do not play anybody as good as you are ...... therefore a "weak" schedule,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 5:34 PM

I'm pretty sure we ended with an sos of #1 last year

I don't get the problem with this

Apr 18, 2019, 6:49 PM

The ACC is really down - you cannot deny that. The result is that our schedule is weaker than when FSU is contending for a championship. VT, Miami, etc - they aren't getting it done right now.

Why do so many try to deny the obvious? It doesn't make us any weaker. Some will try to detract from us over this - so what else is new? In college football it works like this - you root FOR your team and you root AGAINST everyone else. That about sums it up. Surprised that not everyone thinks we are the greatest team ever? Come on - this is pretty much the same for every team.

We won the NC two of the last three years - no one can deny that we are the champs. Just enjoy it and ignore the rest and please, quit whining about this crap.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,383
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic