Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'Lil sumethin for you Trump haters to pick apart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

'Lil sumethin for you Trump haters to pick apart

Dec 17, 2018, 8:47 AM

I hang up and listen...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/steve-hilton-hey-trump-haters-on-both-sides-could-you-just-admit-that-this-is-a-successful-presidency

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

'What about his tweets,' and 'he's a meanie.'

Dec 17, 2018, 9:15 AM

signed
Dems

FYI, They are right. He's become a brutal politician and I liken his tweets to poking a bear in a cage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'Lil sumethin for you Trump haters to pick apart

Dec 17, 2018, 9:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, I'll take a shot.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:46 AM

-The writer leads with the CO2 emissions, but this had to do with the decrease in electricity sales, which the government itself said happened due to our growing shift away from coal (which Trump doesn't like) and milder weather in 2017 that resulted in less electricity consumption by residential and commercial entities. Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration

Didn't have anything to do with Trump.

-The nation's poverty rate hasn't declined despite an increase in salaries per household. Nearly 40 million Americans still live in poverty, and that hasn't really changed much from Obama to Trump. Slightly lower? Sure, but not much to be significant. Poverty rates are still holding pretty strong. Source: U.S. Census Bureau

-Unemployment is definitely down and continuing to decline just as it was under Obama. That's good all around, and while Trump can't take credit for doing something to really lower it, he certainly can take credit for not ####### it up. That's more of how presidents operate in regards to this figure.

-Yep to those NY Times figures, although I thought everyone here and Trumpies say we can't trust what the Times says? Or is it that we can only trust the NY Times when they say things we like? Well, going back to that NY Times article, it does note how spending isn't increasing with businesses and there are signs of a cool down. As if they know it's best to hold on to that money.

So where does Trump come into play here? People put too much credit on a president for the economy. And there's a lot more to a presidency than that. It's great Trump hasn't done anything to really #### all this up, but let's wait and see. If we're still rocking by 2020, awesome. Kudos to him.

But if it does tank, I except this guy and every Trumpie to stand up and say, "Okay, we were wrong."

-Wages are finally up, but this is very, very recent. They had remained stagnated for all of his presidency until the third quarter of this year. It's not enough to call this a "successful presidency."

-Oooh President Xi! You're quite impressive!

If you're going to pretend to be a professional writer, please act like it. Jesus.

-Ah, man. He cited North Korea as if that's still a success. I guess he hasn't seen that it was all a lie and they're back to their shenanigans again.

-The trade war with China isn't working.

-I've applauded Trump for the criminal justice reform measure. I hope it passes.

-Our oil exports have been increasing steadily before Trump. This isn't something he did. But he sure does want to ruin our coastlines, including SC's, to get more oil.

When this guy is done sniffing Trump's butt, would he like a list of all the reasons why we can call his presidency thus far not very successful? Because most of this stuff he cites had little to do with Trump or is just some clever fact twisting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Sure, I'll take a shot.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:51 AM

Savage takedown

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed on most of those points....

Dec 17, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Sure, I'll take a shot. ]

And I would add emphasis to the trade war with China. I believe the tariffs are having an even larger impact than many believe. Was an idiotic move and it isn't working/hasn't worked so far. He keeps digging in and assuming the Chinese are going to cave. I sure hope he's right, but I sure don't see it. He's betting a lot of his economic successes on it and if it doesn't change substantially within Q1 '19, I think Trump is in for a world of hurt.

As for unemployment, he took a lot of steps to reduce regulation in his first year and I believe that did have a measurable impact on employment/GDP growth. Labor utilization continues to increase as unemployment is decreasing, which is good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair points. That's why I posted it.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Sure, I'll take a shot. ]

Conversely, do you believe his presidency has failed in the 1st 2 years? Policy based responses please. We know about his twittering and arrogancy etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Failed? No.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:54 AM

If concrete evidence emerges that Trump broke the law to get to the White House and we go through impeachment proceedings, yes, I'm calling it a failure of not just his presidency but the greater system in general.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You might slow down a bit on that trade war with China thing

Dec 17, 2018, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Sure, I'll take a shot. ]

Seems they are saying chicken first.

https://jalopnik.com/china-hands-trump-a-win-by-temporarily-slashing-tariffs-1831097122

They didn't say chicken.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:05 PM

Read deeper:

"The suspension is China’s first step in response to President Donald Trump’s Dec. 1 agreement to suspend U.S. tariff hikes for a similar 90-day period while the two sides negotiate over American complaints about Beijing’s technology policy and trade surplus."

We're both talking it out because it is becoming painfully obvious how stupid it is with very dangerous implications for the world.

Our long term debt is a much bigger threat to the

Dec 17, 2018, 3:03 PM

world as we know it, but nobody really seems to give a chit about that. Thats not going to take just use, it will pretty much level most of the world.

We'd rather argue about what someone's pronoun is, or that the overall average temperature went up .25 degrees last August as compared to the same time in 1854.

And when our debt problem does come to a head, we'll all wish those were the biggest problems we had to deal with.

Re: Our long term debt is a much bigger threat to the

Dec 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

And isn't Trump pushing for measures that will increase spending....?

Every president in my lifetime has.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:47 PM

He's not the lone ranger here.

This argument is getting old with Trump defenders.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:37 PM

The whole "he's not the only one to ever do _______."

First, was he not branded by supporters as an outsider who would bring change to politics and the D.C. status quo? Weren't we promised cuts to the national debt and spending?

Second, dismissing his misbehavior and failures as just more of the same is absurd. Why are we not demanding more? Why are Trump defenders not holding him accountable for the same #### you used to reason why he should be elected in the first place?

Trump's just as crooked, ineffective, corrupt, and dishonest as the presidents before him. The only real difference is he's a lot less smooth and discreet about it.

No one in their right mind would call this....

Dec 17, 2018, 10:02 AM

Presidency successful. It's a train wreck on many fronts.

It's almost like some people just discovered politics

Dec 17, 2018, 2:34 PM

They want to claim that Trump's presidency is "successful" because he's been able to do a couple of things he wanted to do and because he's been able to do a few things that conservatives like, while the economy is pretty good. Do they think that's never happened under any other presidency?

They're also ignoring the problems his administration has been beset with from the beginning, which are due specifically to Trump's lack of self-control, lack of knowledge, and lack of character. Those things factor into the relative "success" of his presidency, too, and they also have made it much harder for Trump to be successful.

I guess we shouldn't have expected much perspective from anybody who believed our political institutions were so screwed up that somebody like Donald Trump should be president.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump has done some things well imo.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:25 AM

Job growth chart attached and it’s better under Trump but inflation is higher also which means wage growth is virtually nonexistent. It’s so sad he’s such a terrible person. If he was as humble and magnanimous as Obama and Bush, his approval rating would be sky high. Why do you love the sob so much? It’s not like his policies have produced anything remarkable. Wages are up but almost the same as Obama when you throw inflation into the mix. The market is up
but not as much as under Obama (realize Obama was helped by the bottom falling out in 2008). GDP is up but not as high as Obama’s best years. Seriously please answer this.

https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker.aspx?panel=1

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That -1% GDP killed '14 for Obama.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:47 PM

Trump is still up.

I haven't taken a side on this article.

Dec 17, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Trump has done some things well imo. ]

I do believe his reduction of regulations and the tax cut have been good for America. I hope his tarriff policy will be successful, but that remains to be seen.

The tariffs are a bad idea.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:48 PM

He oughtta go back to the drawing board on those. They'll end up being a hidden tax on the goods that he is tariffing.

To admit that Trump is successful would also require

Dec 17, 2018, 10:34 AM

admitting that Obama was successful. Because Trump's economic trends follow Obama's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 10:52 AM

It is breath taking that anyone would look at where we are now as a country under this presidency and call it a success.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Foreigner's seem to love Trump

Dec 17, 2018, 12:05 PM

This one is from a Frenchman.

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/01/donald-trump-is-a-good-president/

Quit reading at : “America is no longer the world’s

Dec 17, 2018, 12:38 PM

leading power.”

And it ain’t even close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michel Houellebecq is a great novelist

Dec 17, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Foreigner's seem to love Trump ]

He's someone who's very pessimistic about Europe, and European culture in general, and clearly believes that enervation of national feeling has something to with that. However, I don't think he understands that American nationalism isn't the same as French nationalism or English nationalism, and that less American adventurism won't necessarily mean less international meddling in national affairs.

Houellebecq is also concerned about the cultural threat of Islam to Europe, especially since he views European civilization as dying, if not dead. This is one reason why he, although agnostic or atheist himself, wants to promote "authentic Christian conservatives," offers advice for Roman Catholics, and seems favorable to Orthodoxy. But surely he doesn't think radical Islam will stop threatening the rest of the world and that Muslims will stop moving to France and threatening non-Muslim French-people just because Americans and French have become more concerned with their national character. And what national character is there to speak of if you need somebody like Trump to make you more nationalistic?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 2:41 PM

Trump's presidency has been a train wreck overall. So the answer is no.

Why do you call it a train wreck?

Dec 17, 2018, 3:15 PM

Please site specific policies.

Re: Why do you call it a train wreck?

Dec 17, 2018, 3:32 PM

I can go on and on, but the main reason is a failure is because he has created a general unease in the country and is an awful leader. Part of leading the country is being a leader, something he is awful at. That's pretty much all he has accomplished. The dude is a mess.

Typical "Hate Trump" liberal prose.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:25 PM

He is "an awful leader" has nothing to do with his policies, which is what the question asked.

Travel bans that get held up in courts thanks to tweets.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Why do you call it a train wreck? ]

Secretary of State calling him a moron.

Anthony Scaramucci

Public comments leading to no jail time for Bergdahl

Whatever that was that happened with the ACA

Firing Comey which lead to the Special Counsel appointment

Going to war with our own intelligence communities

Infighting with Republicans leading to embarrassing election performances

Tariffs which have led to cost increases on just about every product I buy at work

I could go on if you'd like

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic