Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our feathered friends at U of SCAR have it all figured out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Our feathered friends at U of SCAR have it all figured out.

May 6, 2019, 8:45 AM

Our secrets are now in the open for all to see--bagmen, steroids and church donations. What are we to do? A recent FGF genius just posted:

Unbelievable! They got #1 at quarterback Sunday? Money talks, bull@&$% walks!
I believe there are OLDER boosters that learned from their getting caught in the early 80s. They went through a string of virtuous coaches that they couldn’t buy. I believe Dabo was one of them until we laid that 5 spot on them. At that point, “the man in the jacket” had a meeting to get the bagmen lined up and Dabo sold his soul to BEAT US. Remember, they were a perennial 9-10 win team. But we became the team that that began their habit of “Clemsoning “. When the national press started using the term, all bets were off. The humiliation brought those bagmen out in droves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they think us losing some games to them was

May 6, 2019, 8:47 AM

humiliation, what do they consider 0-21?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hmmm...I thought that term we have long since laid to rest

May 6, 2019, 8:51 AM

Referred to an obviously superior team suffering an inexplicable loss to a lesser team. So if they were the nexus of the term, are they admitting that we had the better team in at least several of those years that made up their 5-peat?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm...I thought that term we have long since laid to rest

May 6, 2019, 8:54 AM

They had nothing to do with that term. Bowden’s teams had been inexplicably losing games they weren’t supposed to for years. One thing about Bowden though and that is the fact that he wasn’t losing them to the coots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have quite the inflated opinion of themselves.

May 6, 2019, 8:52 AM

It wouldn’t have mattered if Dabo never lost to them Dabo was going to make it to the top of the mountain. The only proof we have of any school paying football players in this state is when they got caught handing out about $60000 in illicit benefits to their athletes while Spurrier was there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope this isn't true.***

May 6, 2019, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The coots would give their left chicken wing to be a

May 6, 2019, 8:59 AM

"Perennial 9 to 10 win team".

Re: Our feathered friends at U of SCAR have it all figured out.

May 6, 2019, 9:02 AM

The dumbest thing about that post is we haven't really recruited all that different over the last 4-5 years than we did before, at least before this current class. I'd say this class would have something to do with winning 2 of the last 3 NC's and all the players we've been putting in the league lately.

LOL. 'Clemsoning' was a Tommy Bowden thing because

May 6, 2019, 9:10 AM

of losing to teams we were more talented than and the perpetual mediocrity because of it. The 5 year coot thing had absolutely ZERO to do with it. Bowden wasn't much of a football coach but he was 7-2 against the coots, and Dabo beat them 31-14 the interim season. And all that was in the midst of 'Clemsoning'.

The small-minded can't wrap their brain around the fact that Dabo is really who everyone else thinks he is...the best coach of the last 20 years not named Saban. They justify their bias and hate w/ silly accusations of scandalous behavior because they can't fathom greatness. They've never seen it, and that includes the 'Ol Ball Sack, Spurrier. Spurrier couldn've stayed in Columbia 100 years and never been better than 11 or 12 wins. And the only reason he did that at SCar is because UGA, Tenn, and FL were in the throes of coaching changes, mediocrity, and underachievement, all 3 at the same time. He didn't even have our kind of success in his prime at Florida.

The coots' mantra is 'We've haven't won the National Championship, but we did stay at an SEC Inn last night.' Let 'em squawk. No one is listening except them and the people who make fun of them.

So, we have them to thank for all our success? Thankee!

May 6, 2019, 9:24 AM

I'm not afraid to give credit where credit is due, plenty to go around! :)

(Be sure to check your sarcasm-o-meters on this one.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 9:39 AM

I guess Kentucky and TA&M sold their soul to the bagman about the same time - as did most of their other opponents who consistently beat them.

Message was edited by: Tiger68®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:53 AM

Well - finally - that explains how the Citadel won ... Thanks - Tiger68 !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 6, 2019, 9:40 AM

Coots are too funny and pretty stupid. If "humiliation brought those bagmen out in droves" then they would have more bagmen than anybody. I mean they own the lifetime humiliation award.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree it would be suspicious if we were pulling down this

May 6, 2019, 9:42 AM

class with no success just like Ole Miss did in 2013, but we've won 2 of the last 3 National Titles and have gone to the CFB Playoffs 4 years in a row... You can be upset we're bringing in this talent but objectively, why wouldn't these guys want to come play at Clemson right now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic