Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our country is so screwed up...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Our country is so screwed up...

Feb 18, 2013, 9:14 PM

A law abiding citizen like Bowers is likely going to jail b/c he was carrying a gun in his bag. Ever heard of the 2nd Amendment, New York???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of?

Feb 18, 2013, 9:18 PM

2)Seriously? A loaded gun in carryon in an airplane? Are you crazy, or just basically stupid?

Re: Quantrill's raiders?***

Feb 18, 2013, 9:20 PM

Don't worry, dude, I'll let you stand behind me when the

Feb 18, 2013, 9:26 PM [ in reply to 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of? ]

crap hits the fan.

^^^^^^^^sits on roof with gun every night^^^^^^^^^^***

Feb 18, 2013, 9:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of?

Feb 18, 2013, 9:40 PM [ in reply to 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of? ]

Bowers is, himself, a militia. Is the freedom of the press an individual right or is "the press" a group of people? Think carefully....

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms"

Feb 18, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of? ]

The 2nd Amendment does not require someone to be part of a well-regulated militia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ah, yeah it does...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:14 PM

but the NRA has managed to buy a very liberal interpretation of the admendment.

No, it's a right for the people. And if the 2nd Amendment

Feb 18, 2013, 10:20 PM

was only meant to allow members of a militia to bear arms, do you really think the individual states would not have passed laws prohibiting everyone else from carrying guns?

The 2nd Amendment gives EVERYONE the right to bear arms, stemming from the importance of well-regulated militias. At least, that's how I read it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No, it's a right for the people. And if the 2nd Amendment

Feb 18, 2013, 10:23 PM

You are correct, GWP. Every right in the BOR is individual. One person is a militia. One person is the press. The libs don't like to debate that one.....for they will lose every single time.

Sadly, most libs do not have any clue what the Constitution

Feb 18, 2013, 10:29 PM

says. And almost equally as sad is most can't even tell you who the president of the constitutional convention was without using google.

Re: Sadly, most libs do not have any clue what the Constitution

Feb 18, 2013, 10:30 PM

right you are, GWP!

The "well-regulated militia" statement...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:24 PM [ in reply to No, it's a right for the people. And if the 2nd Amendment ]

comes first in the amendment, therefore it is the important part and the right to bear arms belongs to members of the militia. At the time the Bill of Rights was written, there was no US Army, just essentially the National Guard and the intent was for members of the Guard to keep their weapons at home. The NRA has managed to brain-wash so many people by emphasizing the second half of the amendment and ignoring the first half.

We can agree that both halves are there for a reason

Feb 18, 2013, 10:27 PM

but we clearly have to agree to disagree on the reasons. Trust me on this one, you don't have to educate me on the history of the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, and what was going on at the time they were drafted.

Why should I "trust you"?...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:32 PM

what makes you some constitutional scholar? Read the amendment the way it's written; it's basic English and the right to bear arms belongs to members of the military. How is one person a militia? And how is one person regulated? "A well-regulated milita being necessary for the security of a free state..." does NOT give every individual the right to own a cache of firearms because he feels like it.

Re: Why should I "trust you"?...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:35 PM

The right to bear arms is an individual right. The right to pick up a pen is also an individual right. Do you think you must have a press pass to voice your opinion in this country?

The right to bear arms...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:39 PM

belongs to members of the military, not every yay-hoo that decides he wants a gun.

Dead wrong according to the supreme court***

Feb 18, 2013, 10:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The right to bear arms...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to The right to bear arms... ]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if the forefathers had in mine the states would

Feb 18, 2013, 10:46 PM

need protection from the very govn't that rules over them?

Re: I wonder if the forefathers had in mine the states would

Feb 18, 2013, 10:50 PM

Filo, that is the VERY reason for the 2nd amendment. It isn't for duck hunting or shooting cans in your back yard with a 22. Read the words of Mason, Madison, Jefferson (in particular) and many, many others. They feared that a centralized govt. would try to take away both our unalienable and constitutional rights....and they meant to provide us with a means of protecting ourselves from a tyrannical govt.

So, do you Cohiba, believe the citizens of the United States

Feb 18, 2013, 10:53 PM

can mobilize against the U.S. Govn't and its branches of military and the weapons they have access to and put up a fight if say, this feller Obama decides to start putting us in those fancy detention camps they have secretly located throughout the country?

Re: So, do you Cohiba, believe the citizens of the United States

Feb 18, 2013, 10:58 PM

I believe they CAN, filo. I don't know how effective an armed citizenry would be against the might of the US military in 2013. It would be very, very bloody and I don't think anyone wants it to come to that. I will say that people pushing for stricter gun control are pushing us in that direction either by design or ignorance. Let us hope that the nation comes to its senses soon.

Re: So, do you Cohiba, believe the citizens of the United States

Feb 18, 2013, 11:46 PM

Good thing is that a very high percentage of our military would NOT turn their guns on the citizens, even if Barry gave the order. So we won't ever be put in the position about armed citizens facing off against the US military.

Now UN troops may be a different story, but if/when SHTF, the baddest of the badasses (Marines, Special Forces, etc..) stand with the citizens.

Just how far wrong can your thinking go?***

Feb 19, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to The right to bear arms... ]

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the way to the far

Feb 19, 2013, 9:56 AM

left. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

The leftwing mind is a terrible thing to

Feb 19, 2013, 10:13 AM

try to figure out. I cannot fathom the way their minds work or, do not work. It's like they all have some serious wiring issues.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Supreme Court disagrees with you

Feb 18, 2013, 10:39 PM [ in reply to The "well-regulated militia" statement... ]

They have, time and again, interpreted it as a personal right not a corporate right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they've been bought by the NRA...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:42 PM

and the rest of the gun lobby.

LMAO! So the NRA owns the Supreme Court?

Feb 18, 2013, 10:43 PM

Don't look now, but I think you just defeated your own arguments

Well...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:47 PM

the NRA financially backs certain members of the Senate and they are the ones that confirm the Supreme Court justices. Do you really think senators are going to go against the wishes of people that helped elect them?

If that was the case then all of the Supreme Court justices

Feb 18, 2013, 10:52 PM

would be conservative and Sotomayor would certainly not be a justice.

Also, if the justices felt compelled to stick to party lines, I'm certain that John Roberts would have screamed out the word "mandate" last year.

Ok, you're welcome to that viewpoint

Feb 18, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Because they've been bought by the NRA... ]

You aren't alone in thinking that individuals shouldn't have the right to own guns, but legally that is simply not the case.

Where in the Second Amendment does it put a definition

Feb 18, 2013, 10:48 PM

on what kind of arms you are allowed to bear? What level of weaponary is our govn't keeping us from by trampling on the 2nd Amendment? It seems we should have a right to own anything if it means protecting ourselves and family.

It doesn't

Feb 18, 2013, 10:54 PM

And I'm the first to agree that most of us (even gun owners) are for some level of weapon control (I can't own a nuke , etc).

But that wasn't baseball fan's argument. He was arguing that the second amendment (up unlike every other amendment) wasn't in reference to the rights of individual citizens, but rather a specific group of citizens. This has been , time and time again, found to be legally untrue.

I'm reading the amendment exactly the way it was written...

Feb 18, 2013, 11:00 PM

and if the writers had intended for every yay-hoo that wanted a gun to own one then they would have left out the first part and simply said "The right of the people to bear arms shall not be abridged" but they didn't do that.

And the individuals

Feb 18, 2013, 11:05 PM

Who study the constitution as well as the legal documents leading both to and from it disagree with your interpretation. In the end you simply hold an opinion that differs for the prevailing legal viewpoint.

Currently the second amendment grants individuals the right to shear arms. You may not think that's right, but it is the law of the land.

You should party with Rudy Perpich some time

Feb 18, 2013, 11:08 PM [ in reply to I'm reading the amendment exactly the way it was written... ]

you two would have a lot to discuss

Do you really think...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Where in the Second Amendment does it put a definition ]

that someone 200 plus years ago could have envisioned automatic or even semi-automatic weapons?

Your argument wasn't about automatic weapons, it was about

Feb 18, 2013, 10:56 PM

how the BOR doesn't give individuals rights

I think they had the brains to know weapons would become

Feb 18, 2013, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Do you really think... ]

more sophisticated, more advanced. I don't think they had the exact design in mind of what that would be or entail. I'm sure there are some papers out there somewhere of their thoughts on this. We need to turn to our Constituational scholars here on T-Net and find out.

One might make the same sort of argument

Feb 18, 2013, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Do you really think... ]

About free speech. There is no way they could've conceived of the myriad if modern advancements in communication.

Re: Because they've been bought by the NRA...

Feb 19, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Because they've been bought by the NRA... ]

Gotcher tin foil hat on there?

Re: The Supreme Court disagrees with you

Feb 18, 2013, 10:42 PM [ in reply to The Supreme Court disagrees with you ]

Right you are, thom. No use in arguing with these brain-washed leftists.

No use arguing with these brain dead Repukes.***

Feb 18, 2013, 10:43 PM

So...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: The Supreme Court disagrees with you ]

because I know how to read makes me a "brainwashed leftist"? If the writers of the Bill or Rights had intended for every yay-hoo that wanted a gun to own one they would have written the amendment that way. They would have left out the first half of the amendment and just given the blanket right to bear arms.

You are welcome to your opinion

Feb 18, 2013, 10:57 PM

But that opinion is simply not the prevailing legal finding.

So tell me this

Feb 18, 2013, 11:59 PM [ in reply to So... ]

Who makes up the militia? I will give you a hint, it isn't the military personnel.

Wrong....

Feb 19, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to No, it's a right for the people. And if the 2nd Amendment ]

The 2nd Amendment gives no one any rights. The right is "inherent". The 2nd Amendment mearly disallows the federal government from infringing on that right.

GO TIGERS!!

I regret that I have but one point to give

Feb 20, 2013, 4:54 PM

This is the biggest lesson that liberals need to learn.

They won't reply to that, nor will they ever

Feb 20, 2013, 5:22 PM

understand it sadly.

Some people have given all of their faith to the government to grant them their rights and tell them what they can and cannot have because they believe that people in Washington know what's best for the uneducated masses.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of?

Feb 19, 2013, 2:51 PM [ in reply to 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of? ]

I'm surprised that you didn't get more support for your post, but I am much more surprised by the fact that at least two people gave the poster support.

There is no commercial aiport in the civilized world that would allow a gun to be carried in hand luggage onto a commercial airline. There are quite a few other things that are also not allowed.

These Obama-hating hotspurs are so rabid that they cannot think rationally. The P&R forum is ruled by such.

What part of the story says that he was trying to CARRY

Feb 20, 2013, 5:20 PM

a loaded gun onto the plane?

GO TIGERS!!

His gun was "loaded" by NY law...not actually

Feb 20, 2013, 5:18 PM [ in reply to 1)What well-regulated militia is Daquan part of? ]

loaded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Our country is so screwed up...

Feb 18, 2013, 9:42 PM

The state run news media conditions all of the serfs to believe guns are illegal.

Feb 18, 2013, 9:42 PM

The state run news media conditions all of the serfs to believe guns are illegal.

Feb 18, 2013, 9:49 PM

The founders of this country would vomit if they had seen their creation turn into what it has.......a bunch of mindless lemmings who would willingly trade their rights for a false sense of security. It is a shame. Thank God I live in S.C.

The "mindless lemmings"...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:35 PM

are the ones that believe the garbage spewed by FOX News.

What about the garbage spewed from the SCOTUS?***

Feb 18, 2013, 10:42 PM

Feb 18, 2013, 10:02 PM

Join the NRA! We need to voice displeasure with these laws without going to jail in the process.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic