Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our President Trump has donated his 3rd Qtr Salary of $100,000 to the..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 586

Our President Trump has donated his 3rd Qtr Salary of $100,000 to the..

Aug 22, 2020, 10:16 PM

National Park Service to help restore &/or replace the many monuments destroyed that the BLM movement caused.

This makes his 15th donation of $100,000 each to various national needs which should total $1,500,000.

What have YOU done financially for Your County?

What a Guy!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our President Trump has donated his 3rd Qtr Salary of $100,000 to the..

Aug 22, 2020, 10:18 PM

leaders lead

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a guy....

Aug 22, 2020, 10:51 PM

“All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said in a conversation secretly recorded by her niece, Mary L. Trump. “He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.”

Barry, 83, was aghast at how her 74-year-old brother operated as president. “His ######### tweet and lying, oh my God,” she said. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy ####.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maryanne-trump-barry-secret-recordings/2020/08/22/30d457f4-e334-11ea-ade1-28daf1a5e919_story.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a guy....

Aug 22, 2020, 11:26 PM

I love 83 year old women that swear like sailors.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's eerie how much she sounds like our dickless president.***

Aug 22, 2020, 11:53 PM

Re: It's eerie how much she sounds like our dickless president.***

Aug 23, 2020, 12:12 AM

lol at the look on her face in that photo, you can tell she did not care much for her orangutan brother back then either.

Here's a nickle kid...go buy yourself a stick of gum***

Aug 23, 2020, 12:20 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2020, 2:34 AM

He truly is incapable of rising to meet the moment. There are thousands of people suffering due to natural disaster right now in this country and that money could be put to immediate use for humanitarian aid. But he’s more interested a publicity stunt to try and buy some votes from his base and likely give him a talking point at the RNC.

Yall all sound like sniveling malcontented crybabies...

Aug 23, 2020, 7:09 AM

Waaaaaaaahhhh!

sound like it? ####, that's what they are....***

Aug 23, 2020, 10:20 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Aug 23, 2020, 7:29 AM

In the meantime, Trump is absolutely raking it in with overt violations of the emoluments clause.

Somehow he never got around to divesting himself of his business holdings...and Oh My, have people ever lined up with cash in hand. Especially foreigners. Summarizing how flagrantly Trump has abused this clause to self-enrich would literally take hours to recount since this is what Trump does each and every day he gets up.

The scale of his corruption is epic and without parallel in the history of this country. Like...ever. He's doing it right out in the open and no one will stop him because it's obvious the Republican-led Senate has no interest in impeaching him. And guys like you somehow do not notice or care when he breaks the law right in front of your face.

https://www.theusconstitution.org/litigation/trump-and-foreign-emoluments-clause/

Aug 23, 2020, 8:22 AM

TDS=the president donating his salary is a BAD thing.

Yes if only trump had given it to real people that were suffering like Biden does, or Pelosi, or Harris, or Bernie.....Oh wait.

Aug 23, 2020, 10:35 AM

How are we supposed to have any sort of serious conversation when on the one hand he's donating a paltry $100K to demonstrate his selflessness...

...while with the other he's illegally raking in millions of dollars with flagrant violations of both the Emoluments Clause and his oath of office and his supporters won't even acknowledge that's maybe a problem?

You wonder why Trump "deranges" people, well, there you go. And making more than 55% of America hopping mad is not exactly good governance or a particularly good strategy for getting re-elected; if you doubt it I suggest you go peer out a window in your nearest big city. There's some angry folks out there, you know?

You think maybe there's, I dunno, a connection?

quozzel..

Aug 23, 2020, 10:45 AM

You certainly have a right to be political & even snarky and negative towards Our President..

but Sir I really find you more enlightening & readable (imho) when I read your most astute opinions & diagnostic breakdown of a football opponent and their O & D tendencies or lack of..especially after we’ve whipped their candy assses.

Go TiGERs..Red or Blue but ALL ORANGE!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: quozzel..

Aug 23, 2020, 12:21 PM

Bill, you're not a bad guy, and I'd love to buy you a beer sometime. Being a big Trump booster doesn't make you evil or any kind of bad human being in my eyes, I just don't agree with you.

I hate Trump...probably in the largest part precisely because he's got people I really, really like on both sides at one another's throats. I have plenty of liberal friends. I also have plenty of salt-of-the-Earth Southern Gentleman friends, and friends everywhere in between. But Trump's got us believing we're somehow warring ethnic groups, and he has pretty much the same effect, say, that trolls like deadsolidperfect do when they get into the room. Almost instantly everybody turns on one another and viciousness reigns...and right at the heart of it is that guy, pulling the strings and fanning the flames and making everybody hate one another, and generally encouraging folks to be just plain mean.

Then he gets banned for, like, the 47th time...and poof. It's like a dark cloud vanishes, and all of a sudden this massive source of tension and rage is just gone from the room...also instantly.

The second Trump's gone, IMHO, very few people will miss the difference in mood. It's literally going to be like that dark cloud I referred to that's currently hovering over the whole nation is gone, and I suspect even the people who thought they loved him will shake their heads like a fog clears in their heads and realize: hey, maybe this guy really was making everybody seriously crazy.

Aug 23, 2020, 12:33 PM

He will still have his Twitter Account, he does not need to be sitting in the oval office to continue ripping the country apart. Hopefully he will be so mired in court battles he will not have time to tweet, or at the very least gets kicked off every social media platform the day he is literally drug onto Marine One and flown off the property Julian Assange style.

Aug 23, 2020, 12:40 PM

I love your rhetoric.

Aug 23, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: quozzel.. ]

While completely ignoring Obama's divisiveness you lay into Trump and claim getting rid of him will unite America again and we'll finally live in peace and harmony.

What you said translated for honesty 'Give democrats the power to govern America or we are going to continue to kick and scream, we might even hold our breaths until we turn purple and we're going to blame our behavior on Trump.'

That's precious child and I love you for being so naive but I'm afraid you're going to have to continue pitching your two year-old's fit because you shall eat your veggies before you get desert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Our President Trump has donated his 3rd Qtr Salary of $100,000 to the.. ]

Point 5 in this article below sounds good to me. Other points
1. You had no problem with the Clinton foundation
2. No worries if you’ve never owned a business like most in congress, but still get rich somehow
3. Oh now the constitution isn’t antiquated to you progressives (a king gave a president 1 million acres for Caribbean shipping docks) is now the law you want to reference.
4. Libs are a joke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2019/10/23/trump-emoluments-clause-constitution/amp/

Aug 23, 2020, 12:06 PM

What the heck are you talking about? To reference your points - which in no way addressed the questions I raised, by the way - I'll answer yours:

1) I dunno what you mean by "Clinton foundation" exactly. I personally hated both Clintons, though, and I thought Bill Clinton should have been impeached.
2) Congress enriching themselves is a huge problem. A lot of them - on both sides of the aisle - own stocks...and then turn right around and pass laws that ensure the companies they themselves own, making bank. This seems like the very definition of "conflict of interest", wouldn't you say? And yeah, I have a big, big, big problem with that. Don't you?
3) Again, I'm not arguing, I just don't understand what you're referencing. A king gave a president 1 million acres for Caribbean shipping docks? Huh? What I was referencing was the Emoluments Clause. You know, this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Emoluments_Clause#:~:text=The%20Foreign%20Emoluments%20Clause%20is,from%20foreign%20states%20and%20monarchies

4) I'm delighted you think liberals are a joke. I personally am of the opinion they tend to favor ideals over pragmatism and tend to have no idea how to actually pay for their highfalutin' Big Ideas, but I'd describe them more as pie-in-the-sky idealists than "jokes". (I am also not a liberal, by the way.)

Aug 23, 2020, 1:26 PM

And that ends that subthread. As soon as Quoz says he hates both Clintons, he immediately ends the discussion because people like Keowee simply can't process the idea of someone like Quoz, an independent thinker with a non-team-based point of view. #TeamReasonable

Keowee's type worships their leaders, roots for them like you root for a sports team, and assumes everyone else does the same, because he lacks the capacity to comprehend any alternative. It's seriously the best he can do in terms of political thought, and when someone is revealed not to be that sort of simpleton, he's dazed and can't even respond.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Aug 23, 2020, 1:40 PM

Aug 23, 2020, 1:48 PM

LOL, if only it were just smugness. Feels worse. Like punching a baby.

P.S. Big South Park fan. Best episode ever was Scott Tenorman Must Die.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Aug 23, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Our President Trump has donated his 3rd Qtr Salary of $100,000 to the.. ]

Uh...thanks. I think I'm reasonable...but then, everybody thinks they're reasonable. And many of us are wrong. (Not me, of course!)

Oh, BTW, that book Fall arrived. It's big. Like, 883 pages of big. I kinda took a deep breath because this is going to Eat My Life for awhile. I mean, I read fast but this thing's dense. I've also got this thesis to finish. Man, you start talking to some guys and your reading list suddenly gets really long.

Oooh, sorry, I should have warned you.

Aug 23, 2020, 1:43 PM

The way I got through that book was via Audible. I'm a big fan of audio books so I can "read" during my otherwise unusable time (driving, power washing the patio, sex, etc.)

- Jonathan Swift

It appears you are justifying the riots, looting and arson..

Aug 23, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Our President Trump has donated his 3rd Qtr Salary of $100,000 to the.. ]

which are done specifically for the cause of defunding the police. How do you reckon that?

Thank you for being honest. Now we can have a conversation about the riots, looting, arson and other lawless behavior which are tolerated and occasionally promoted by democrat politicians.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2020, 11:01 AM

I was wondering this same thing yesterday. Matt Stanford gave 1.5mm to a GA charity that works to lessen the racial divide.

I found myself wondering how many athletes actually give back, in a meaningful manner, to BLM or what they say they support.

It’s a lot like FBCoach coming on here and screaming racist at everyone while he says he doesn’t have time for his students and they are all lazy and dumb. Instead of making a difference, he screams at everyone else to make a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2020, 12:11 PM

I will grant that it is a good thing that he donates his salary.

But I wonder if he can do anything about those around him that use him and his office to make money?

Ivanka got 7 trademarks from China. Nepotism?

According to reports, Jared and Ivanka made $82 million last year.

Oh wait, the CARES Act contained a tax-credit for Real Estate developers that's worth $195 Billion over the next 10 years.

But alas, if anyone, anyone, thinks that only one politician or 1 party is crooked, then you are likely Bigfoot's alien love child.

(No offense to Mr. and Mrs Bigfoot)

One of the most profound statements a POTUS ever made...

Aug 23, 2020, 1:48 PM

"Ask not what your country can do for you --- ask what you can do for your country." JFK

Aug 23, 2020, 2:53 PM

National Park Service to help restore &/or replace the many monuments destroyed that the BLM movement caused.

This makes his 15th donation of $100,000 each to various national needs which should total $1,500,000.

What a Guy!

Sorry, but a quarter of TheRump's annual salary would be a drop in the bucket compared to the money that he has stolen from the taxpayers at Mar Lago, alone -- not to mention his other resorts. He's a crook; as well as a nut case. He's been double-charging the Secret Service every weekend for rooms and meals.

(Question: Were there over a 100 Russian flags at the big boat rally on Saturday? Since TheRump wants to make the US a part of Russia after he declares himself president for life.)

But, today, new information is out about the character of your idol.

It turns out Mary Trump isn’t the only member of the Trump family who thinks Donald Trump is an evil piece of crap. New audio tapes capture Donald’s sister, former federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, ripping Donald to pieces during a phone call with Mary.

In the recordings obtained by the Washington Post, Maryanne is heard telling Mary that Donald Trump “has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.” She also condemned Trump his tweets, for lying, and for his “lack of preparation” in doing the job. She also made clear that she disagreed with what Donald was doing to immigrant kids at the border.

Ashamed yet?

Aug 23, 2020, 2:53 PM

What a Guy!

Sorry, but a quarter of TheRump's annual salary would be a drop in the bucket compared to the money that he has stolen from the taxpayers at Mar Lago, alone -- not to mention his other resorts. He's a crook; as well as a nut case. He's been double-charging the Secret Service every weekend for rooms and meals.

(Question: Were there over a 100 Russian flags at the big boat rally on Saturday? Since TheRump wants to make the US a part of Russia after he declares himself president for life.)

But, today, new information is out about the character of your idol.

It turns out Mary Trump isn’t the only member of the Trump family who thinks Donald Trump is an evil piece of crap. New audio tapes capture Donald’s sister, former federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, ripping Donald to pieces during a phone call with Mary.

In the recordings obtained by the Washington Post, Maryanne is heard telling Mary that Donald Trump “has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.” She also condemned Trump his tweets, for lying, and for his “lack of preparation” in doing the job. She also made clear that she disagreed with what Donald was doing to immigrant kids at the border.

Ashamed yet?

Replies: 30
| visibility 586
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic