Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT Jake Hornibrook commits to Stanford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,851

OT Jake Hornibrook commits to Stanford

Jul 1, 2018, 9:47 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our OL recruiting has been non-existant this year...

Jul 1, 2018, 10:03 PM

but it's still early, of course. Maybe we pull the miracle with Webb.

Can't blame someone for going to Standard. Awesome school and usually great O-Linemen.

Re: Our OL recruiting has been non-existant this year...

Jul 1, 2018, 11:01 PM

Seems like we have a better shot with Darnell Wright than Webb. Missing on Harry Miller is a big blow. Sometimes you just get beat but he seems like he would be a perfect fit and should have been a winnable battle.

They seem to be trying with Putnam and Keegan, but neither seems super receptive. We may be able to pry some guys away from ND though. They're on third D coordinator in the last three season and I think their OL coach took the same job with the Bears. Not having Nelson and McGlinchy(not sure on the spelling), especially Nelson is going to hurt them(the NFL people were ready to induct Nelson into the HOF on draft night).

Wimbush isn't all that great and combined with their schedule a tough season could very well be coming. I don't really think Kelly could survive another one of them so soon after 2016 with all of the other history he has with regards to his behavior and unless he has some huge buyout, he could be on his way out.

It seems like the coaches are really banking on having a big season to finish off this class, which I'm excited about.

Jul 2, 2018, 10:19 AM

The OL recruiting has seemed a little puzzling to me. Not sure why they wouldn't want to play for a great QB, RB and WR? I wonder if our offensive scheme is too demanding, doesn't translate well to NFL or some other factors that seems to not intrigue new recruits?

Jul 2, 2018, 12:25 PM

There was a good thread on the OL last night. Gave some good explanations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL recruiting has been non-existant this year... ]

100%
I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Our OL recruiting has been non-existant this year... ]

Yea, I really want to land Webb, it’s been a long time since clemson has landed a big time #1 ranked Center if I’m not mistaken. I would really like to land him but I think we have a better shot at Darnell Wright, he’s a straight beast and I would love to land Darnell,Ranked #1 OT. Both would be huuuuge gets but I feel like Webb is a heavy ole miss lean and will be very difficult to get him. Never count Dabo and staff out tho. Go Tigers!!!

Jul 2, 2018, 12:51 PM

Webb's a Bama lean. It sounds like if it's anybody else it's us but he's going to Bama unless Dabo can pull out a miracle.

Yikes***

Jul 2, 2018, 12:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,851
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic