Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm really glad we won but with all of the talent that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,927

I'm really glad we won but with all of the talent that

Oct 15, 2016, 10:07 PM

we have on offense, why do we continue to have so many problems with turnovers?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm really glad we won but with all of the talent that

Oct 15, 2016, 10:20 PM

Great talent doesn't equal 0 turnovers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize that but bama does not have these problems.

Oct 15, 2016, 10:22 PM

They may have an off night and have a bunch of turnovers but it is not a consistent problem.

Oct 16, 2016, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm really glad we won but with all of the talent that ]

9 turnovers combined btw cards and pups is not a sustainable way to go undefeated. Or is it just a genius plan to keep opponents w the confused??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 10:21 PM

Not focused, or into the game . Similar to the crowd

Oct 15, 2016, 10:23 PM

Lack of focus is disappointing considering all of the upperclassmen on offense.

Oct 15, 2016, 10:22 PM

Great talent fighting for extra yards while guys are stripping the ball. That's it trying to do to much when they should just get down.

O-Line

Oct 15, 2016, 10:24 PM

Turnovers don't help, but the problem with production is OLine. I thought they would be better than this with the experience we have, but we just don't seem to have a push.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-Line

Oct 16, 2016, 1:11 AM

Our offensive line is not nearly as good as advertised but they are not to blame for turnovers. Anyone would have fumbled the ball with the hit Gallman took but I have seen our backups RBs miss the holes. They go outside when there is a hole in the center of the line. If we can run the ball effectively, we are unstoppable. Teams are putting 7 men in the box and forcing us to pass hopng our WRs drop or fumble the ball.

I alsmost wonder if he have too much talent at the skill positions and everyone is trying to gain the extra 2 yards. We now have a reputation for turning the ball over so you can bet every team is going to spend extra time at practice trying to strip the ball.

Gallman is the key of the offense and DW4 looks a step slower this year and it may be by design for him not ro run as much but he doesn't break off those 20 - 30 yard runs like he did last year. Don't get me wrong, I would have given DW4 the Heisman last year and vote him number 1 this year and he is a better passer who can throw the ball in triple coverage when he gets going. However, it does not change the fact that teams are not worried about him breaking big runs against us.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 5:25 AM [ in reply to O-Line ]

LOL right, the O-line caused Mike Williams to fumble the ball inside the 5. The O-line caused Gallman to fumble 18 yards downfield. The O-line caused Gallman to get a concussion 18 yards downfield. The O-line caused DW to throw the interception right to an NCState DB. The O-line wasn't asked to protect Watson for 52 throws. Please.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 8:14 AM

Assuming you watched yesterday, who won the battle between ncst DLine and our OLine? If you're honest, it wasn't close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 10:24 PM

Looking past what is currently happening... sometimes going down is better than trying to break free for a touchdown. I just think there is a lot of overconfidence going on. And dye has always fumbled.

My two cents

Fighting for extra yards increases the risk of fumbles

Oct 15, 2016, 10:31 PM

I blame the OL. Not opening up lanes. Poor blocking by everyone.

Oct 16, 2016, 1:19 AM

+1
ask myself the same questions. Our turnover grace margin will begin to get slimmer, regardless if Clemson wants it or not. The teams that win ( and score ) in the turn over margin are at the top right now. We just happened to be sitting in their also defensively, but not any caliber of AL. Time to clean all that up going to FSU on their turf. Have to clean it up, championship teams don't turn the ball over, they create turnovers and operate efficiently on offense consistently.

My Take

Oct 16, 2016, 2:00 AM

It has a lot to do with the other teams giving us their best shot and trying to hit us in the mouth.
That and just not taking care of the ball, today Williams had the ball up almost over his head fighting for 1 extra yard.

Our OC's..

Oct 16, 2016, 6:10 AM

for whatever reason are average at best. They are amazing recruiters and I am thrilled we have them, but they aren't that talented as OC's it seems, for whatever reason.

Re: Our OC's..

Oct 16, 2016, 6:15 AM

Once again, the OC's didn't cause the fumbles. Almost 500 yards of total offense, the loss of Gallman on a NON CALL targeting in the first quarter, and fumbles by guys fighting for yards has nothing to do with the OC. People need to stop looking at the negatives, especially being 7-0. Again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 7:43 AM

It wasn't "targeting" because he wasnt a "defenseless" player. It was still a personal foul (leading with the crown of the helmet and making above-the-neck contact with another player). Just not "targeting".

Oct 16, 2016, 7:54 AM

Isn't leading with the crown TO THE helmet targeting? Maybe I'm missing something here. Targeting is not only against a defenseless player. Could be wrong.

they are 21-1

Oct 16, 2016, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Our OC's.. ]

I wonder what their record would be if they were good

Oct 16, 2016, 7:56 AM

Bc they continue to make us play nooners and no one is awake

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,927
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic