Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our O line Got Hosed!!!!!!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Our O line Got Hosed!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 5, 2018, 9:28 PM

The entire offensive line needs to return. They were slonnged/slammed/whipped Monday night.

The NFL is a whole lot tougher. Our O line got beat down!

5th year guys need to be concerned. Hope diploma is in hand or all the o line guys will be trying to find coaching jobs somewhere - high school or JC, etc.

Center got blown up! Right Side got blown up! No blocking!None - nadda!!

Got to say it, Coach Ford's O lines could knock defenders on their a$$ - Penn St., Ohio St., Oklahoma, DAWGS, FSU, Stanford, Nebraska, Maryland, Tarhores, it did not matter - they did their job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they hosed Bama last year. Next year we will

Jan 5, 2018, 9:35 PM

play the disrespected card!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well they hosed Bama last year. Next year we will

Jan 5, 2018, 9:39 PM

> play the disrespected card!

Next year play the humbled card & resolve to get better.

This O-Line had three 1st-team All-ACC players

Jan 5, 2018, 9:38 PM

But you are right; they were manhandled by Bama, and Ford's O-Lines would whip their a$$. The O-Line was beat in 2016 also, but the great DW gave Clemson coaches, alumni and fans the national championship anyway ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our O line Got Hosed!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 5, 2018, 9:43 PM

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few of our coaches Got Hosed.

Jan 5, 2018, 9:54 PM

Dabo, Jeff and Tony. Like Tony said 'We're all responsible for that.' He wasn't speaking for Venables, I assume.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 7:57 AM

How long has Clemson's O Line been average? May have to go back to the Ford days when the likes of John Phillips played and we used to hear the stat "knock down blocks". I don't hear that phrase anymore. Since that time, at least on Offense, Clemson's identity has been about the excellent playmakers that we've all enjoyed watching - Dantzler, Spiller, Hopkins, Boyd, Watson, etc., etc, etc. The caliber of those players made up for a lot of sins on the O Line. When's the last time Clemson fielded a running back like the ones that Bama and UGA have year in and year out? Spiller, Ellington, Feaster, Etienne? Fast tailbacks. Gallman - not crazy fast, but tough as nails. To win the games against the best teams, we need balance between the run and the pass. The reality is that our most effective player running the football this year and last is the QB. No one other than KB2 is going to be a running threat at QB next year. Sure, our RB core will rack up the stats against most teams on our schedule, but most teams on our schedule aren't anywhere near the likes of Bama. What did Bama do against a solid Tiger D even with their big, tough RBs? That's the answer. And it wasn't some incredible feat or wrinkle. They did just enough. Why'd Syracuse have success against our D? They had Tajh Boyd under center - big and tough. That's one of a few games where our D has lost in a long, long time (not saying they lost the game for us as removing KB2 had a huge impact - the team lost). Fix the O Line. Fix the poor blocking by RBs and TEs. OR, fix the O-Line and throw to the RBs and TEs. Otherwise, we're playing with 9 guys - 5 O-Linemen getting whipped and 4 playmakers (WRs and QB) scattering the field for their lives. Clemson's Defense played good enough to win the Sugar Bowl. Sure, we missed some tackles and left a guy open for a TD. They gave up 17 points against a Bama team, that like it or not, has superb talent year in and year out in ALL positions. If KB2 doesn't throw the first pick which was the fault of poor blocking IMO, the Tigers would have needed one stinking touchdown to win that game coupled with the two FGs. The 2nd pick never would have happened as we would have been playing looser. If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle too. Fix the dang blocking - that's what lost this game. Thankful for a great year of Tiger football - hopeful for another one in '18!

Jan 6, 2018, 8:22 AM

When I got home I watched the game again and replayed certain plays several times. Don't know if it was coaching or decision making (which is still kind of coaching), but it was amazing how many tackles were made by unblocked guys. At the game I thought we were just overmatched, and maybe to some extent we were, but after rewatching the game I think more of it was mental breakdowns. That's even more disappointing for me. Before the game I thought that we were the better team. After the game, I doubted that we were. After watching it again, I think that we should have been.

You were alright till you brought Ford's OLines into it

Jan 6, 2018, 9:02 AM

Different era. EASIER TO BLOCK FATA$$ slow DL AND BIG SLOW lb'S FROM THAT ERA.Never compare Eras ,unless you realize, Danny had more scholarships in that era(95 I think) and football was different in that Era.

The sky is falling people, just let it go, breathe, Dabo and Caldwell will fix the problems at RT and the OLine we be fine.

Re: O-Line. Caldwell

Jan 6, 2018, 10:53 AM

I am fairly certain the last O-lineman that got drafted was back in 2014. When are we going to stop defending our weak link. We overcame average o-line play with Deshawns ability to improvise. Time for some coaching changes. Man-up.
Just look at some of the o-line issues over the last 2-3 Year’s. We will always have the talent to win the ACC over the next 2-3 years given the changes in our conference and weakening of many of the past power teams such as Florida a State and Louisville. But, winning in the playoffs is going to be difficult without a above average line. It remains to be seen if TL is the next DW.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic