»
Topic: Our DL is good, but we don't get home rushing 4 very often
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 1, 2019 6:39 PM by: BloodbeOrange®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Our DL is good, but we don't get home rushing 4 very often

[2]
Posted: Jan 1, 2019 5:14 PM

We do at times, but typically our recipe for pressure is rushing 5 or 6 guys blitzing our LBs up the A and B gaps. Now it would be great if we could get consistent pressure rushing just 4, but I haven't seen us have ton of success doing that despite the narrative about our front 4.

HOLDing have anything to do with it?!

[2]
Posted: Jan 1, 2019 5:15 PM

??

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Our DL is good, but we don't get home rushing 4 very often

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 5:27 PM

Teams typically scheme so that their QB is using only 3 and 5 step drops to get the ball out fast. If and when they take a 7 step drop we almost always pressure them even if we are only rushing four.

It's not just about getting sacks—just pressuring the QB is often enough to prevent them from moving the ball.

We do lead the nation in pressure percentage when our opponents pass. It's almost 50 percent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 5:29 PM

And in this game you have to be concerned about Tua running as well. It’s a big challenge.

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 5:59 PM

Simmons played the spy quite a bit against Book. I expect more versus Tua. Also we dropped off a DL in the flats and rushed Joseph as the 4th and he just ran straight into O linemen.

2019 purple level member

We do Very Systematically late in the game when their O Line

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 6:21 PM

is worn down and our 3 man rotations are paying big dividends. It ain't an accident.

[1]
Posted: Jan 1, 2019 6:25 PM

yes, we do not get consistent pressure w/ front 4, w/ the hype we should be, no excuses; forcing BV to blitz, let's hope they are well disguised vs bama

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 6:39 PM

I don’t know about the use of the word hype. Last time I checked our DL has earned some prestigious awards and rankings this year.

2019 white level member

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Texas A&M
FOR SALE: Texas A&M. Let’s show them who we are Section I row U (4) AISLE SEATS Text me with realistic off...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1256 people have read this post