Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson GA Thomas Austin to Georgia State as OL job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,293

Clemson GA Thomas Austin to Georgia State as OL job

Jan 13, 2019, 4:54 PM

Georgia State: Clemson graduate assistant Thomas Austin has accepted the offensive line job at Georgia State, per source. Austin spent 2015-17 as an offensive graduate assistant with the offensive line before moving into a video graduate assistant role this past season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson GA Thomas Austin to Georgia State as OL job

Jan 13, 2019, 4:57 PM

That's probably a good move for him. He may well be back.

Caldwell will retire one of these days, and you figure they'll look hard at former Clemson guys like Dustin Fry - now at Arkansas with Chad Morris - and Austin as potential replacements...it's best for both Austin and Clemson if he's out getting makee-learnee real-world experience.

Re: Clemson GA Thomas Austin to Georgia State as OL job

Jan 13, 2019, 5:09 PM

Congrats to him. Maybe this opens up us to look at Pittman when the time comes that Caldwell is ready to retire.

Normally I’d say that big of a name wouldn’t make a lateral move but there seems to be an exodus going on at UGA it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Other than a well-known reputation

Jan 13, 2019, 5:26 PM

Does Pittman fit the Tiger culture? Seriously, has Dabo hired with recruiting, or development, mostly in mind? Would Pittman 'bloom where he's planting'? Is he blooming where he is now...and...well...I rather shudder to think what he's planted 'in'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other than a well-known reputation

Jan 13, 2019, 5:34 PM

Honestly don’t know much about the man other than he recruits great OL and puts them in the NFL. Outside of that I don’t know him. But I do agree Dabo is one of the best at hiring people so whoever he picks is right for the job. I was just stating that UGa seems to be in disarray and wondering if we could capitalize when the time is right.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,293
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic