Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orgeron in an interesting situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,241

Orgeron in an interesting situation

Jan 17, 2020, 2:02 PM

By making it to the CFP finals, Orgeron managed to keep his staff in place until now, when the coaching carousel is barely moving.

But still he has a couple of key departures, which I think puts him in a bit of a bind. Does he quickly promote from within, hoping to prevent additional departures with such a shallow pool of available coaches, and risk giving someone more responsibility than he is prepared for?

Or does he look for the best coaches he can get, hoping to sustain LSU's current level of success, and run the risk of losing staff members who were overlooked?

Currently, Baylor has only one coach on its staff, and LSU has two openings. That's a lot of coaches that have to come from somewhere.

This is just another testament to the kind of staff stability Dabo has managed to sustain over an extended period of tremendous success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orgeron in an interesting situation

Jan 17, 2020, 2:13 PM

Orgeron is Gene Chizik part 2.
A coach that was mediocre until he caught lightning in a bottle with a dynamic play caller(Brady=Malzahn) and a transfer QB. They were a great team this year, but with the coaching and player losses I just don’t see them being a legitimate threat to win the title in the next few seasons. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see some start calling for Coach EO’s head if they don’t make the CFP on the regular and they fall back to battling for 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This!***

Jan 17, 2020, 2:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic