Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oregon really should be top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,274

Oregon really should be top 10

Oct 15, 2019, 2:02 PM

1 loss vs top 10 Auburn on a neutral site in week 1 dropped them to 15th but since then they've outscored opponents to the tune of 39-5 per game and have only given up 1 TD since the Auburn game.

They've absolutely drummed the games they were supposed to win and beat 2 teams with SEC victories for whatever that's worth (seems to not matter unless you're SEC) and over the past 5 weeks they've moved from 15th to 12th behind multiple teams with more recent losses. Utah who's in the same division and has 3 wins over non P5 schools, 0 ranked wins, and a loss to an unranked school which has moved from 19th to 13th right behind Oregon only 2 weeks after they lost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon fails the eye test

Oct 15, 2019, 2:20 PM

Voters can clearly see they are not in the SEC.

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Oregon really should be top 10

Oct 15, 2019, 2:21 PM

When the 'voters' have all those SEC teams to account for, it makes the maff really hard...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say it with me....

Oct 15, 2019, 2:21 PM

The AP Poll...... DOES. NOT. MATTER.

You are welcome.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Say it with me....

Oct 15, 2019, 2:30 PM

Never said it did matter but said they deserve to be in the top 10. Also rarely does the CFP poll have a large difference than the AP poll and they AP poll is all we have right now as a ranking. So to my point, Oregon deserves to be in the top 10 of the AP poll whether it matters or not.

Over who?

Oct 15, 2019, 2:36 PM

I mean, the only 2 possible teams I can see moving them above are UGA and ND. But I don't see any ironclad argument for doing either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over who?

Oct 15, 2019, 2:43 PM

Both UGA and ND struggled at home this past weekend vs 3rd string QBs of teams with 3-3 records. Aside from starting ahead of Oregon initially that's about all I could say. UGA has a signature win and that's a close win against another team we're talking about possibly being under Oregon as well.

Oregon struggled against Cal who i believe was playing

Oct 15, 2019, 3:11 PM

their backup QB. Georgia beating ND is still a bigger accomplishment than anything Oregon has done. Perhaps you can make an argument for them being ahead of ND, but it seems like splitting hairs to me.

there have been some pretty big differences with CFP poll

Oct 15, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Say it with me.... ]

and the AP. The AP conforms and almost mirrors the CFP once they issue their poll. An admission that collectively the writers don't know #### if you ask me.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:24 PM

I think this is one of those examples of the issue being who do you move behind them in order to get them into the top 10? The team ranked directly in front of them is the Auburn team they lost to so no issue with that one. Maybe you could argue them being ranked ahead of Georgia who is at 10, but the #9 team is Florida who beat the Auburn team that Oregon lost to. Next is ND who you could argue either way I suppose. After that the remaining teams are unbeaten.

So I suppose you could argue them being ahead of Georgia and/or ND, but I don't see an argument for them being ahead of any other team currently ranked above them.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:36 PM

Deer 2003,

If you continue to interject logic, reason, and valid argument into the jacked up college football ranking process, you are not going to be welcomed around here very much longer.

/s/

tnet

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon really should be top 10 ]

Agree completely. But also I see other factors for the head to head win like since then Auburn has been pretty inept and Oregon has gotten substantially better, Auburn also has an ugly loss to Florida. To me it's kind of like at what point does a close week 1 loss stop holding you back from how well you're performing now. But at the end of the day the final playoff ranking is what matters so right now kind of just beating a dead horse.

Oregon's problem is

Oct 15, 2019, 2:45 PM

It was versus a SEC team...and it was the first game of the year. They are better than Oregon, especially now. They run the table and they might get there. The SEC won't have an undefeated team this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than Auburn...

Oct 15, 2019, 2:46 PM

That moron, Salty, tried to type! But, he's a moron, so...what would you expect?

they were better than AU in that game but found a way to

Oct 15, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Oregon's problem is ]

lose- they are still better than them. AU will lose multiple games and not be in Oregon's way.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon really should be top 10 ]

Oregon did sort of give that game away against Auburn. I just think it's hard to rank a team ahead of another team that they lost to whenever those teams have the same record.

Oct 15, 2019, 4:16 PM

I think the Ducks blew their chance by coughing up the opener against Auburn. They won't get in with one loss unless a lot of things break their way, which is unlikely.

A CU/UO championship game is my dream scenario.

If you think UO/Oregon State is Civil War?

Oct 15, 2019, 5:04 PM

Don't have Clemson meet the Ducks. My $on went to Oregon...I'm a Tiger. A house divided...you'll bet your #### on that! ;)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,274
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic