Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly?

Dec 24, 2019, 2:09 AM

I re-watched the SEC and Big10 conference championship games. First of all, I saw several major penalties that were not called for the winning team. Hopefully that doesn't affect the outcome of our games!

SEC- Burreaux is pretty good but UGA didn't get a lot of pressure on him. JB had way too much time to throw and LSU had some serious lucky breaks. One pass was deflected back into JB hands and he ran for 12yds to get first down. Another pass was bounced off defender back into WRs hands that normally would have not been caught! Running game really stinks for LSU but they didn't need it with the DBs at UGA and Bama actually. The UGA DL had little pressure on JB but combine that with zero contain so when he was pressured he just ran for 8-15yds. I think we will be much better putting pressure on JB? The slants up the middle over our LBs and testing our Safeties is the only play that makes me nervous.

Ohio St- Wisky pretty much gave that game away? But 0310 gets rid of the ball faster normally, therefore watching Dobbins will be a little tougher because he does catch the ball well. I don't think 0310 will stop our offense after seeing Wisky play them as lond as ETN can get yards. I see a lot of acrobatic catches (not that there isn't anything wrong with that) but seems like there are a lot of comeback plays, lots of scramble plays, where if our DL can get more pressure on Fields those tend to go away. I didn't see huge pressure from the D but Wisky OL might be pretty good as they usually are? I still think our OL holds up ok, but our combo of Wr and RB is superior to anything 0310 has seen and we find ways to score.

That's my Orange colored glass talk for today but nothing I have seen is really shocking!! I think LSU and Burreaux has best shot if our DL doesn't get pressure as he can carve up some passes. But if our guys are playing slow, the faster play of 0310 will give us fits. I think we match up fine on both teams. I really wish we had OKla first as i would love to watch LSU and OSU play each other. Then play the winner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly?

Dec 24, 2019, 2:39 AM

We are the defending champs with tons of playoff experience, the Dynasty has a cake walk in the playoffs with Bama having a down year with injuries our close equal isn’t here so the Tigers have the ability to dominate as the dynasty we are!

It’s amazing how the same guys who picked against us the last 7 playoff games are doing it again because we don’t play nobody lol.

We are loaded with talent.... 30-0 Tigers make it 3 of the last 4 with our weak schedule lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 24, 2019, 10:35 PM

And a trick play kickoff away from 4 of the last 5.

Dec 24, 2019, 4:28 AM

I’m very nervous about this game. The issue for me is our DL, yes statistically they are very good but I just don’t see the pressure being put on the QB and that can put a lot of pressure on our DBs. If XT can get dialed in and just get pressure I think we can get a pick or 2 that will decide the game. 38-31 CU.

Dec 24, 2019, 4:30 AM

We see the same and I agree with that prediction.

Dec 24, 2019, 7:08 AM

I, too, wear orange colored glasses - but with Dabo, Brent, Tony and company coaching up guys like Trevor, Tee, ETN, Ross, Isaiah, AJ, XT, Davis (and on and on) - I think that is to be expected for nearly all Tiger fans!

But even with those glasses, I think the key is going to be our O and D lines. THEY will actually be the reason we win.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 24, 2019, 7:18 AM

Wisconsin’s offense is ranked #36. Our Offense is ranked #3.... that will be the difference. Both defenses are good neck and neck but we are still even ahead in that category as well at #1 by a spot. The offense will be the difference. We are light years better than Wisconsin’s offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 7:37 AM

Good call on the wisky offense. But unfortunately 0310 stunk it up in the first half. I think they fell into the trap of thinking it’d be like the first game when they blew up wisky 35-7.

Wouldn’t exactly say our D is elite this year. Serviceable is what I’d say. CBV a magical job this year with schemes... XT has to come to play like the game changer he was supposed to be.

Stats are out the window because we really played some bad teams. They did too but compared to our schedule, they did play a few more teams than we did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 10:08 AM

Our defense ranks 3rd in the SP+ ratings which takes strength of opponents into consideration. That is elite.

Also, we have face several top thirty offenses this year.

We need to see our Dline do better than what we have seen.

Dec 24, 2019, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly? ]

I agree with a 38-31 game if we don’t get a lot of pressure. If we do we will win by at least two TDs. I’ve watched LSU a couple of times. Their OL looks legit and if our Dline does not step up against them, granted we make it that far of course, Burrow will have a field day. That being said if our offense plays to its standard we can win any game. I’m also quite sure that BV will have some tricks up his sleeve to confuse the opposing QB. He always does. Hopefully it will be enough. All that to say I think we beat OSU. Both of us have elite teams I just think ours is better. Our coaching is also better. We will see soon enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly? ]

I think Fields running presents a big threat ( i do not think that they can just run Dobbins down our throats). With that in mind, I think BV rushes to keep him contained and makes them throw the ball. Then we count on disguising our schemes and our excellent back seven.

Fields can be confused into holding the ball too long if he doesn't get the coverage he saw pre-snap. We may get some sacks but they will be due to confusion and coverage more than pure rush. I wouldn't be surprised if we rushed 3 sometimes with a surprise spy on Fields.

we Rely on the blitz to pressure this year

Dec 24, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly? ]

We send pressure from a lot of different positions. Making it difficult for the OL in protection.

I think we’ll be fine. They will get yards in the first half but not a lot of points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Orange colored glasses or am I seeing things correctly? ]

I think it's key that we contain first and pressure 2nd. If our DL rush past Fields he can take off. He seems to be a one - read QB, and I like Coach BV's ability to confuse QB's.

I'm excited to watch this matchup. I think the Tigers win if we play smart D and our offense protects the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Wisconsin gave that game away.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:07 AM

tOSU made some great halftime adjustments and dominated the 2nd half. As Dabo says there's nothing less important than the score at halftime. That being said, we need to be up at halftime. If we are, then our coaches and players will bring it home and more than likely run away with it...much like what we did against Bama back in January.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Trevor Lawrence has ever taken a 2nd half snap where Clemson trailed. I don't expect that to change on Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Orange colored glasses ARE seeing things correctly!***

Dec 24, 2019, 12:26 PM

Dec 24, 2019, 10:46 PM

For the first time in years I am confident about the outcome of the game. Tigers 38-21.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic