Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orange Colored Glasses here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,347

Orange Colored Glasses here

Aug 9, 2016, 10:33 AM

I keep seeing all the analysts that we as Clemson fans usually say are full of crap. Mostly because it took us going and performing well in the NCG until it was almost unanimous that Clemson is legit. But now, we are almost in everyone's top 4 if not top 2 and almost a given going back to the Playoffs. So, I see these guy pick their top 10, top 4, etc etc. I see Tennessee in one guy's top 4. REALLY?? Is Tennessee the new Notre Dame? Each year they are going to be in the preseason top 10 no matter how bad the previous year was? Each year they end up out of the top 25 by the end of the season?

So, on to my thought- I keep seeing Oklahoma predicted to make the Playoffs again. This is the same Oklahoma we have beat like a drum two years in a row. Are we just that much more elite right now? Is it truly us and Alabama at the top of college football programs and the next program is 3 touchdowns behind?

It's fun talking about where we are right now in Preseason because in my lifetime we havn't been in the conversation. And I know Preseason means nothing, so I hope the have the play to back up the hype!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orange Colored Glasses here

Aug 9, 2016, 10:55 AM

I think Ohio St. has similar talent that we do across the board. I think OU does too. FSU is definitely up there as well. I think the difference is the simple fact that we have the most impactful player college football has seen since Cam Newton. He's that good and that much of a difference maker. When you have someone that dominant, that happens to play the most important position on the football field, PLUS loads of talent everywhere else...the playoff is where most experts are going to put you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic