Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Open letter to Rice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Open letter to Rice

Aug 21, 2019, 8:14 AM

Dear Rice,

You just may be my favorite food - white, brown, yellow, dirty, fried - but I may have to break up with you, because the University you founded in Houston, TX is my youngest daughter's dream school, and has scheduled a "local" (Charleston, 20 miles from my home in Summerville) recruiting event on Thursday, August 29 at 7PM.

Now, I know that everyone Clemson fan considers himself the team's #1 fan, but if there is anyone who just may be a bigger fan than me, it is my youngest daughter. We will both be in attendance at this event, and if you and I are to salvage our relationship, 4 things MUST happen:

1) The event must be opened with a proper cadence count, FOLLOWED BY Tiger Rag (ABSOLUTELY NO WOOHOO!)
2) This event better be a drop in, or, if there is a program, it better be less than 30 minutes long
3) You better have purple and orange balloons, and release them at the end of the program
43) You better have her acceptance letter and full scholarship offer in hand when we arrive

If you fail to deliver on these conditions, it will be mashed potatoes for me for the rest of my life.

Regards,

dsgriff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Open letter to Rice

Aug 21, 2019, 8:19 AM

Dont you want to send your daughter to college instead of an "institute". Plus Hatfield once coached there. Clearly they should have know better than that after our experience if they are such a smart school. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hatfield once coached at Clemson, too

Aug 21, 2019, 8:46 AM

My daughter would love to go to Clemson...IF only Clemson had her chosen major. My Clemson loving daughter, who has already qualified as a Palmetto Fellow entering her junior year of high school, may end up going out of state. Also high on her list are Virginia and Wake. Oh, the humanity!

But wherever she ends up, she will always be a Tiger fan first!

Re: Hatfield once coached at Clemson, too

Aug 21, 2019, 8:52 AM

yeah unfortunately he did. My daughter was like yours. Went to Ohio State (unfortunately) but she like it and is a die hard Clemson fan to this day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hatfield once coached at Clemson, too

Aug 21, 2019, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Hatfield once coached at Clemson, too ]

DSG .... my daughter was in the same exact situation ..... loved Clemson sports, was a Palmetto Fellow, but wanted to explore her other educational opportunities. She narrowed it down to UVA and Wake. She chose Wake and loved it, but still pulls for the Tigers even against her Alma Mater. During her visits to colleges, she absolutely hated UNC and Duke. At UNC the snobbishness of the lady that showed them around was enough for her to scratch them off her list. Your daughter will love wherever she goes ..... hopefully with some scholarship money!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One comment on this poast:

Aug 21, 2019, 8:22 AM

The WOOHOO is a pestilent plague on humanity. That is all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll never forgive our band for starting it.***

Aug 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

Aug 21, 2019, 8:39 AM

Nice poast, gravy would go well with that.

Reminds me of my wife and I in the early years of matrimony. She is from another country and is not a sports fan at all.

So she is planning something for us to do on a weekend in the fall and picks some huge home game weekend. I say we cannot go then. She says why not. I say we are playing such and such that Saturday. She said "so"

I have my you got to be kidding me exclamation and then she has hers.

It took having a son and growing him to old enough to play little league football and she finally started to come around. Then he goes to Dabo's summer camp and meets DeShaun Watson and Dabo and some other Clemson players and personnel and sees my son's big smiles and my daughter doing cartwheels with I think a Coach's daughters. Now she is ALL IN!

Sorry it is too late for your youngest daughter to go to Dabo's football camp! ;)

Go Mashed taters!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 8:41 AM

Be sure to get there about 20 minutes early - you may be able to get you bidness done and be make a local eatery for the kickoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No balloon launch...

Aug 21, 2019, 9:56 AM

Charleston is too close to turtles.

I heard, way back in the day, that 'Rice is nice...that's what they say'. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fCGvea2peU

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic