Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only national seed to lose.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Only national seed to lose.

Jun 4, 2016, 10:56 PM

Monte will be on the pitcher recruiting trail!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only national seed to lose.

Jun 4, 2016, 11:00 PM

We're not ready to be a national seed. We've played above what our talent level should be.

Jun 4, 2016, 11:05 PM

I don't know why this receives any downvotes. It's 100% true. Most people had us barely making the ACC tournament and being a low seed in the NCAA Tournament and look where we are at. Obviously not advancing will be disappointing, but with 3 potential games left it's time to go play some ball. The future is bright for Clemson baseball under Coach Lee either way.

Jun 4, 2016, 11:11 PM

I didn't TD it but I don't agree with it. I remember a lot of people during football season saying we weren't ready for the playoffs. Yeah, this team has weaknesses, pitching and fielding, but they finished 5th in the regular season and won the conference championship in the toughest baseball conference in the country, while putting up 40 wins. I'm not sure how that says you're "not ready"

We don't have the pitching staff to win the college world series, but they definitely deserve to be where they are right now. They earned it.

I can't wait to see what this team can do over the next two season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2016, 4:38 AM

We were last in the ACC in fielding percentage which is beyond bad.

Jun 5, 2016, 5:36 AM

So ....extra-bad then ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Think of it as a tugboat, with a Captain with 30 years on

Jun 5, 2016, 8:06 AM

the water, and Twin 150 Mercs for propulsion.

Jun 5, 2016, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Only national seed to lose. ]

IMO, the only reason this post would receive down votes is because it simply "sounds" arrogant. While it may be true, "Only national seed to lose" infers that you should win. It's not a gift as you still have to earn it. Before the Regional, the previous 10 games are what vaulted us into the rankings. The four games in Durham, with one possible exception, were against SOLID teams. I think we Tiger fans know our team better than the national pundits. We know our pitching is thin and our defense is weak. Go back to early May... Raise your hand if you thought the Tigers would win the ACC and be a national seed. I'm loving it as everyone else is, but reality is catching up to us. Okie State simply exposed our weaknesses last night. The win on Friday against Western Carolina? Highly entertaining and to win by 2 TDs was amazing. But don't forget, we gave up 10 runs. We gave up 13 runs to Florida State and won that, too. Typically, if you give up that many runs, you lose. If our bats cool down against quality pitching like last night, we're in for a tough road.

The future is certainly bright! Monte needs to recruit quality pitching and tighten up the defense and we will truly be a national seed worthy of the ranking!

Go Tigers!

Jun 5, 2016, 7:40 AM

The perspective given above is absolutely correct! Virtually no one saw us ending up where we are, especially if looking back a month ago.

We might win our regional, but I doubt it if we play another error filled game with poor pitching and few hits. USuck has been blessed, but UNCW is a solid team and the Cola. Regional is up for grabs.

Go Tigers!

Jun 4, 2016, 11:05 PM

only one so far... all the games aren't finished... Miami is tied 3-3 in extra innings.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic