Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Watkins fastest freshmen to first team since Anthony Simmons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Watkins fastest freshmen to first team since Anthony Simmons

Aug 25, 2011, 8:08 AM

Watkins fastest freshmen to first team since Anthony Simmons

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump need to change that to "he will wear #2"

Aug 25, 2011, 8:11 AM

he swapped from 7 to 2 so he and steward could be on the same Special teams if need be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Crump need to change that to "he will wear #2"

Aug 25, 2011, 8:18 AM

Mickey Mantle would be proud.

Re: Crump need to change that to "he will wear #2"

Aug 25, 2011, 1:52 PM

So would Chansi

Re: Football Player Update: Watkins fastest freshmen to first team since Anthony Simmons

Aug 25, 2011, 8:46 AM

The coaches at the US Army All-American game said he was by far the best player in practices according to the game announcers. Can't wait to see it translate to game day!

Man having this guy opposite Nuk and with the veterans

Aug 25, 2011, 8:56 AM

Ellington and Allen and a SENIOR OL.

Plus other very capable guys in the mix such as Brown, Mcneal, and other highly regarded freshmen.

If this offense can't get it done, then we should probably just pack up and end the program.

Re: Man having this guy opposite Nuk and with the veterans

Aug 25, 2011, 1:34 PM

It is still going to come down to Tahj and his decision making. Him having all of the talent surrounding him will certainly settle him down early and allow all of our guys to make plays. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Did any of you guys watch the Preseason ACC show yesterdayon ESPN? One guy said that Ellington could potentially be talked about as a heisman cantidate if Clemson has a great year due to his contribution. Pretty exciting to hear!

Re: Man having this guy opposite Nuk and with the veterans

Aug 25, 2011, 2:30 PM

I agree. Having a veteran line and some very talented skill players surrounding Tajh will allow him to relax early on in the season. As the year progresses, we can slowly give him more responsiblity.

I agree that Ellington may have the opportunity to get his name mentioned in the Heisman Race if he comes out healthy enough. Obviously we all know how much potential the guy has, but he just hasn't had enough time in the national spotlight to get others talking.

How weird would it be if Ellington got the invite to New York, but CJ didn't? I still think that's one of the great injustices I've ever seen in regards to awards...then again I'm extremely biased.

One speed WR would have made a huge difference last yr***

Aug 25, 2011, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Man having this guy opposite Nuk and with the veterans ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One speed WR would have made a huge difference last yr***

Aug 26, 2011, 12:30 AM

That's the thing a lot of people don't think about. If you can stretch the field (and Craig comes into this equation) then, you can get the ball to the play-makers. We have the play-makers. And, we can stretch the field. If a guy is outrunning a corner, he is not only open... he has taken a corner or safety out of defensive play.

We also happen to have an awesome offensive line! I'm excited! And if you have a really fast run-blocker... the sky's the limit! These WR's need to work on blocking up-field like Jacoby did for C.J.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

-------Watkins will wear No. 7. (Actually #2) -----

Aug 25, 2011, 1:58 PM

awesome journalism right there, I don't care hoo you arre!!!!

null

Re: Football Player Update: Watkins fastest freshmen to first team since Anthony Simmons

Aug 25, 2011, 2:32 PM

Reading that article makes me even more optimistic about this guy. We are looking at a potentially very exciting situation for our team.

Aug 25, 2011, 5:04 PM

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2011, 5:06 PM

The whole Heisman thing wouldn't surprise me..Spiller was one of the greatest players we ever had but i still think Ellington is a better between the tackles runner.

Aug 25, 2011, 5:17 PM

Maybe. I just don't think we're going to see another guy like CJ for a long time in terms of a "jack-of-all-trades" player.

We have Nuk coming back as an experienced

Aug 26, 2011, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Watkins fastest freshmen to first team since Anthony Simmons ]

WR who did well his Freshman year. Watkins is projected to outshine that! We are loaded with only counting these two. Add in Brown, Peake, Humphries, Bryant, Secklinger... and a fast-paced offense with lots of rotation. We're good! If they can teach these young WR's to stretch the field and block for the RB, we'll be golden.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic