Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One question for those that claim Dabo plays players that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,760

One question for those that claim Dabo plays players that

Jan 8, 2018, 11:18 AM

have been around and in the system over more talented players, how do you explain Travis Etienne?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since the 2014 FSU game, who claims that?***

Jan 8, 2018, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Since the 2014 FSU game, who claims that?***

Jan 8, 2018, 11:34 AM

Everyone in tnet any time Etienne is on the bench

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were several times ETN should have been on the bench

Jan 8, 2018, 12:00 PM

last week. Oh well. Lots of teaching opportunities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Zerrick Cooper over Hunter Johnson against

Jan 8, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Since the 2014 FSU game, who claims that?*** ]

Syracuse, after Cooper missed multiple 15 yard passes by 10 yards of more.

That was a recent example.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: One question for those that claim Dabo plays players that

Jan 8, 2018, 11:21 AM

From the sound of it he was showing out on the practice squad and it still took most of the season for him to get a lot of meaningful snaps. With that said the QB position is much more complicated and impacts the team more than the RB position. I'd be shocked to see TL start unless something happens with KB.

And the answer continually was he needs to improve as a

Jan 8, 2018, 11:24 AM

blocker. I would say that is still hs biggest growth need.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This^

Jan 8, 2018, 11:40 AM

Etienne was horrible in passing situations and slightly improved over the season. Feaster wasn't much better. But, you can't put 9 & 28 in the game ONLY during running plays because that would obviously tip off the defense.

As dynamic as ETN was with the ball in his hands, he absolutely killed us when asked to pick up a blitzer on a pass play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Etienne or Sammy or Nuk or Dex or

Jan 8, 2018, 11:22 AM

Pollard or Hyatt, and tons more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about QB?

Jan 8, 2018, 12:13 PM

Many fans here feel that it is a double standard with the QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 8, 2018, 11:24 AM

Personally, I wish'd he'd have used that theory during the Bama game. ETN clearly got his bell rung and was a liability as a blocker IMO. Why not put Choice or Fuller in for blocking? Yes, ETN is a HR hitter if he can make 1 or 2 miss but he wasn't all there after that hit he took.

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I still trust the coaches.

You mean the targeting penalty that wasn't called***

Jan 8, 2018, 11:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You mean the targeting penalty that wasn't called***

Jan 8, 2018, 11:38 AM

Not sure...may have been the hit you're speaking of. The nice block he had across the middle is when he was stumbling around and KB sent him out. The sideline said his face mask was loose. Bottom line is it's 50/50 sending him out there. I can't wait to see what he looks like next season after having a year in the weight room.

He took a helluva lick on the opening play of the game,

Jan 8, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: One question for those that claim Dabo plays players that ]

don't think he was really in it at any point after that. Was that the missed targeting you refer to, or was that later?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Jan 8, 2018, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ET had 5+ long jaw dropping runs in practice

Jan 8, 2018, 11:28 AM

Against the 1st team defense. Shouldn’t you see him immediately in the first couple of games?

He didn’t get any non-garbage time carries until way late in the season.

Thanks for making your own point.

Stoudt is the biggest ### there is. No one can honestly look at DW and Cole throw passes and not start DW from the 1st second of the season. That just has no other explaination period.

KB will start even if Trevor sprouts wings and flies around practice like an Angel.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really want....

Jan 8, 2018, 11:32 AM

to roll into College Station, Texas for the second game of the 2018 season with a true freshman behind center over a seasoned veteran?

I don't care how good TL looks in practice, I just don't see that happening.

Re: Do you really want....

Jan 8, 2018, 11:40 AM

I do, if he really is the best at his craft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ET had 5+ long jaw dropping runs in practice

Jan 8, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to ET had 5+ long jaw dropping runs in practice ]

How was ETN as a blocker though? And physically his body wasn't what it needs to be to go through a whole season.

How many true freshmen QB's do you see start week 1 of a college football season, on the road, in a hostile environment after coming off an injury in Spring Practice?

Bitching and moaning about nothing.

Jan 8, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to ET had 5+ long jaw dropping runs in practice ]

Sadly, I fear you are correct. Just like with Stoudt. Seems like Elliot, and/or Dabo, just have this insistence on playing the guy that's been there the longest at QB, rather than the best. They have said, over and over, about "who gives us the best chance to win, but it didn't seem that way with playing Stoudt vs DW4. I really don't think it worked out as well by going with KB, either. He became very 1 dimensional as the season progressed, completing mostly very short passes. We have too gifted a group of receivers to limit ourselves to a QB who is best at running the ball.

Jan 8, 2018, 11:41 AM

So Stoudt played the full season while DW4 wasn't injured post the FSU game?

Jan 8, 2018, 11:59 AM

I didn't say he did.

Jan 8, 2018, 12:00 PM

"Just like with Stoudt."

hth

Jan 8, 2018, 11:38 AM

Don’t start making rational assumptions now of all time now isn’t the right time

My bad.***

Jan 8, 2018, 11:39 AM

I have wondered

Jan 8, 2018, 12:11 PM

Why we didn’t see the “heavy package” this year since we were so obviously poor at blocking in some situations. I can’t recall a single play where Wilkins was in on offense. I’m sure there is a good reason however because Dabo is an excellent coach........ and WE are not.

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,760
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic