Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One more thing to say about Kelly Bryant:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

One more thing to say about Kelly Bryant:

Sep 26, 2018, 8:37 PM

As I said, I think Dabo has handled this situation perfectly for all involved, including Bryant. I really wish he had stayed. I think he would have had as many snaps as most of our wr, rb and many other players. I also think he was always one injury snap away from being the man to save the day. That was not to be and for selfish reasons, I hate that.

The one last thing I want to say about Bryant is this. I know Kelly Bryant is smart enough to know that he would have played many snaps and perhaps started more games. I know that there is probably nobody hurting tonight more than Bryant.

Finally, I think to be fair to Bryant, we must all realize that he would have never left this team had the rule change not been in effect. There is no way he would walk away from his teammates and time here if he did not have the option of saving a year of eligibility. That changed the parameters in a huge way. He would not have simply quit on Clemson. HE would have stayed and competed and played a lot. This rule gave him another option and he took it. I'm not sure it was a good decision for him, time will tell. But one thing is for sure, it was his decision to make. It is his life and future.He is at a crossroads in trying to make his career a NFL possibility.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One more thing to say about Kelly Bryant:

Sep 26, 2018, 8:41 PM

Once again it is not that he used the RS rule to tranfer, It was his parting woords to the media while walking away tossing grenades.

He could've stayed on the team and still redshirted.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:44 PM

Dabo gave him the option to remain on the team, workout, and support his teammates as the senior leader he supposedly was, with the agreement that Dabo wouldn't play him to preserve his redshirt in order to transfer elsewhere next year. This would've been the smart move for Kelly in my opinion.

Instead, he simply quit the team. He has a right to do this, and I don't blame him for being disappointed in the decision. But to quit on his team when given the opportunity to continue to compete and play, or at least continue to be part of the team and redshirt, is disappointing. His petty comments about not being given a fair chance are ridiculous and show a lack of maturity and appreciation for the opportunity he was given.

I appreciate what KB did over the last few years for our program, but if he doesn't want to remain a part of our team, then we don't want him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He could've stayed on the team and still redshirted.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:14 PM

exactly........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Sep 26, 2018, 8:45 PM

Well said. I certainly wish the best for him. Hate the way his words and actions reflect on him. Made him look pretty bad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:00 PM

Tell em coot

Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 PM

he did not finish what he started.......I would say he quit on Clemson and his teammates if he is no longer on this team.........he could have waited to after this season and then transferred........but it appears that is not what is happening here...........Go Tigers!!!!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic