Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One last Football Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

One last Football Game

Oct 18, 2016, 8:09 AM

My dad was a season ticket holder from the late 70's thru the early 90's. Growing up attending football games is the reason I live and breathe Clemson Football...even though I did not attend Clemson. He is in his 80's now and hasn't been to a game since 1999. This past weekend, he said there were two things he really wanted to do one more time. 1) The entire family go to the beach like we used to and 2) attend a Clemson football game. We have the beach trip planned, but I am looking for advice on the game.

We have parking passes and tickets. He is mobile, just can only walk short distances and definitely not Clemson hills. So does anyone have advice or experience in obtaining handicap seating and or some type of transportation (golf cart?) from our parking to the stadium. We are attempting to get him to a game this year, preferably Syracuse or Pitt...I don't think we will even consider getting him to the SC game. Thanks for any advice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One last Football Game

Oct 18, 2016, 8:13 AM

The section above k I believe is accessible; on the official end you would request that through iptay for those seats. But I'm willing to bet a fellow tiger with some tickets in a accessible area will come through for you. Maybe post on tickets forums what you're looking to swap for/looking to do.

Oct 18, 2016, 8:14 AM

Ticket forum on tnet, not any other site

Oct 18, 2016, 8:22 AM

I recommend parking in the handicap parking lot at Sikes and selling your parking pass. It is a great lot and they have buses that take you to and from the stadium.

But I also know you can call for a golf cart. I am just not sure of the number.

As for handicap seating...that would be a challenge. I would call the ticket office and see if maybe any handicap tickets were not sold?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 9:05 AM

It this lot open to the public (with an official handicap pass) or would I also need a IPTAY parking pass for this lot too?

Oct 19, 2016, 9:07 AM

> It this lot open to the public (with an official
> handicap pass) or would I also need a IPTAY parking
> pass for this lot too?

Sorry, referring to the Sikes parking lot

Oct 18, 2016, 8:29 AM

I'd call IPTAY or the ticket or football office. They usually can accommodate you in some way on situations like this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 8:47 AM

Handicapped space at the west end zone looks to have more room. But let me say that as far as your Dad getting to the front gate of the stadium, you can not and will not beat the free service offered in the handicapped parking lot. You and everybody in your party will receive a wristband to ride the shuttle to and from the stadium. The shuttle will be waiting on you a little before the game ends, and as soon as the game ends. Can't beat the free service, Clemson has done a very good job with that. Or it was a great service when I attended my last game 3 or 4 years ago, and the handicap parking was located right by the Hendrix center/parking lot. You can check and see if its still there. But the service was great!!! Almost forgot and I do a lot of that these days but, folks will also come around in those passenger golf carts and give you a ride back and forth for only a few dollars if you want to get around without waiting on the shuttle bus.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 8:53 AM

They moved the handicap parking to the Sikes lot to cut down on the amount of time it takes to get back to the parking lot after the game. It has been a huge improvement.

But allorange is right, it is a great free service.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 8:51 AM

Had a temporary handicap permit several years ago. You park in the handicap lot and are bused to the stadium. Buses then pick you up at the stadium and return you to the lot. I suspect it is still done that way so your best bet might be to pursue a temporary permit.

Go to Clemsontigers.com for official

Oct 18, 2016, 8:59 AM

information on the handicap parking and shuttle sevices. Handicap parking is now in Sikes rather than Hendrix (just changed this year). Also you can call from most any lot and get a shuttle. I do this for my Mom who cannot walk too far as well. The number is 864-656-2931. HTH and your dad has a great time at the game!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recommend Syracuse... "Military Appreciation Day"

Oct 18, 2016, 10:06 AM

Military Appreciation Day is rarely one of the marquee games, but always one of my favorites to attend.
Clemson does an OUTSTANDING job of honoring all who have served and those who have lost their lives.
Being retired AF CHS C-141, and having son a graduate of Citadel class of 2004 with two combat tours in Iraq, it is always a VERY EMOTIONAL event, Make sure you don't leave your seats at half time (unless you're a veteran and join all veterans on the half time field)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 9:01 AM

Great Information! I'll get to work and hopefully make this happen.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic