Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One good reason to be a cop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

One good reason to be a cop

Aug 27, 2020, 12:29 PM

Right now?

Anything? Anyone?

I got nothing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have friends...

Aug 27, 2020, 12:33 PM

who are good cops and good people who are getting out. This doesn't speak well for the possibility of reform. We might not have to defund them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You get to bang certain people’s wives

Aug 27, 2020, 12:36 PM

down the dirt road near the river

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: You get to bang certain people’s wives

Aug 27, 2020, 1:12 PM

FBCoachSC®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Crickets.

Aug 27, 2020, 1:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One good reason to be a cop

Aug 27, 2020, 2:00 PM

My bestie is getting out soon. He plans to get out during the holiday season sometime. He was 1 foot out the door for a while now, and me and our other bud (former cop) pushed him on out.
He is counting the days

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Enjoy paperwork more than an accountant***

Aug 27, 2020, 4:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get paid to use the firing range (or just shoot in general)***

Aug 27, 2020, 4:57 PM

Sizable disability check for claiming PTSD***

Aug 27, 2020, 4:58 PM

Aug 27, 2020, 5:07 PM

access to the evidence room.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 5:13 PM

ding ding

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's not a good reason.

Aug 27, 2020, 5:16 PM

Maybe they'll all quit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 8:58 PM

Great benefits. Hours can be flexible in many departments. Lots of interaction with the community. Early retirement. The satisfaction of finding a lost child, getting drugs off the street, comforting a person in a time of crisis.

I work with a few police departments. They're pretty much either good or bad and it has everything to do with leadership. The good ones are having a fairly good time of it now. They (especially their Chiefs) have the support of the community and are able to build relationships that pay off when it's time to solve a crime. They've also had an easier time of ridding themselves of a bad cop here or there, but the ones who have been doing it right don't have much housecleaning to do.

The ones who are bad are feeling the squeeze big time. Bad cops are finding themselves out of work or know that they need to get out soon.

Having said that, there are more good departments than bad in South Carolina. It's a huge blessing here that we don't have police unions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic