Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore

Apr 14, 2018, 9:29 PM

I won’t sugar coat it, KB looked rattled and over threw for some for sure passes but...

The purple jerseys take way his biggest strength, his legs. With the purple jerseys, Venables could crank up the heat with exotic blitzes and pressure. With a 2 deep defense that has back ups that could start at other schools.

Without having to respect his legs, it turned him into a pocket QB, which he isn’t and is his weakness.

Did Lawrence look fantastic?

He absolutely did, but there is a reason we are critiquing from a couch and Dabo has taken Clemson to the playoffs 3 years in a row.

In the end, I’ll trust his judgement in whoever he chooses this Fall and support the choice 100%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore

Apr 14, 2018, 9:32 PM

Shut up Coot. Only a coot would make excuses at this point for KB

TL is miles ahead of KB.

The coot is you***

Apr 14, 2018, 9:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know what happened to clemson80tigers (sp?) but,

Apr 14, 2018, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore ]

Tell'em coot!

You are an immature fool***

Apr 15, 2018, 5:59 AM [ in reply to Re: One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore ]

Apr 14, 2018, 9:33 PM

You saw what his legs got us Vs a good D like Bama’s.
KB is not going to just start throwing the ball like we need him to
KB is a weapon that we should use but he is not a every down QB.
Not for a team that is expected to go 15-0 this season.

Apr 14, 2018, 9:38 PM

I also saw a world class punter that could flip the field and pin the other team deep (it wasn’t ours).

I also remember an atrocious O-like that wouldn’t have even protected Lawrence, and I also remember Cain dropping some much needed and relatively easy catches.

II think Lawrence has much more upside and will eventually take over, but I trust for Dabo to do it at his pace and won’t throw a QB under the bus that led us to an ACC championship and a solid season last year.

Apr 14, 2018, 9:45 PM

Not to argue with you here but there is a much bigger picture than just KB’s legs. You saw a Bama D that played us in a 8-10 yard box because KB has little to no consistent downfield passing ability. His legs were in full force in that game & you see where that got us. So in reality Saban & Co. did the same thing to KB in the Sugar Bowl that the spring game did to him today with much of the same result. TL & even HJ’s styles as passers are much more effective against a Saban defense.

Apr 15, 2018, 1:01 AM

Exactly . .with no real down field threat, you just load the box.

Apr 15, 2018, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore ]

Yes we know for sure HJ or TL would throw it all over the Bama D. Gotcha.

Apr 15, 2018, 3:23 AM

No what we know for sure is that KB Def can’t

Apr 15, 2018, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: One glaring fact the KB dumpers ignore ]

Not what I said but, ok. I’ll break this down a little further for you to help you with your reading comprehension since you don’t seem to have that skill....

Trevor Lawrence & Hunter Johnson’s SKILL SETS (or styles of play) are more like what gives a Saban defense trouble. If you can spread them out, throw downfield and/or make them play in space (typically on-on-one) you can move the ball on them and that increases your chances to SCORE on them. Now, SCORING is the object in the game of football. Without SCORING you decrease your chances of winning dramatically. In closing, the biggest stat in any column is the.....SCORE, so you look for strategic ways to add to that stat. Hence, Trevor Lawrence & Hunter Johnson’s styles of play are more likely to get Alabama’s defense out of their comfort zone.

I hope this helps you with some basic understanding of the game of football. I’ll be more than glad to further educate you in the future.

Apr 14, 2018, 9:45 PM

Kelly can beat most of the opponents in the ACC, but once you play an Alabama that will take away the run & make him pass from the pocket it will be the same situation. That's just reality. Would love to see Trevor groomed slowly & become the eventual starter & maintain some packages for KB with pass/run options.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 1:05 AM

Honestly...was not super impressed with his running last year...especially him seemingly never knowing where the marker was

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't seen anyone dumper or otherwise, ignore the fact

Apr 15, 2018, 1:33 AM

that he was wearing a purple jersey

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody knows that his legs are were taken away and nobody..

Apr 15, 2018, 6:10 AM

is missing that fact. What we also realize though is that it is really no difference than what happened vs Bama. He needs to be able to have the ability to throw down field. I am not writing him off, but we all saw what makes us question him.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic