Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As more and more schools approve of the sale of alcohol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

As more and more schools approve of the sale of alcohol

Jun 29, 2016, 8:03 PM

and is supported by the NCAA, IMO Dan Radakovich is making the right decision for Clemson to ban the sale of alcohol sales at DV on game day. It gives more credence that Clemson is one big family with a family atmosphere. A place you can send you kid where morals and family values still have meaning.

IMO if alcohol sales were to be allowed on game day inside DV it would have more negative than positive consequences for the overall character of Clemson and I beleive it would have negative implications on the success of the football program.

I don't see anything wrong with people bringing their own while they tailgate. I usually have one or two cold beers when I attend a game when I tailgate with friends.

I just think the university should not get into the beer and wine business I think it would take away from what makes Clemson such a special place. The feeling of family and family moral values and character.

There is a good article on CBS Sports website:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alcohol-coming-soon-to-your-college-football-stadium-if-its-not-there-already/

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are already drinking..

Jun 29, 2016, 8:12 PM

It depends how much money the school can make. It its a huge windfall I am all for the beer being sold.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People are already drinking..

Jun 29, 2016, 8:25 PM

If that ever happens, you will see some very ugly behavior coming from all around the stadium. Hope it never happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know that will happen?

Jun 29, 2016, 8:57 PM

I would think everyone is already drinking that wants to drink. People are slamming drinks before they go in because they can't drink inside. I am not sold it would change things much, other than more income. You could be correct, but I am not sold.

Back in the 80's my best friend chugged beer until game time then

Jun 29, 2016, 9:11 PM

Brought a bottle on Jack Daniels into DV. As soon as he pulled it out to add to his Coke a ATF agent grabbed him by the collar. It cost him a $1000.

If people can't get enough alcohol while tailgating what do you think will happen if they can buy alcohol inside DV.

I have seen a few incidents inside DV that were made worse because both fans were close to being drunk. If you want to drank that much stay outside and watch the game on a big screen TV or just stay at home and watch the game on TV.

I went to see Tenn play SC in the mid 90's my friend had been drinking so much while we were tailgating that he throw up on the people in front of us. Then he passed out. Security had to help me get him to the car. It ruined several people's game day experience.

There nothing worse than somebody that has had to much to drink especially at an outdoor event in the hot sun to ruin other peoples game day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One can argue that they binge drink harder outside...

Jun 29, 2016, 9:16 PM

because they can't buy a beer inside. That's the way I viewed it when I was younger before I cut back. We used to get as smashed as possible because we knew we couldn't drink inside other than sneaking it in like your friend. I don't think we will ever know what really whether it's a good or bad ideal, aside from trial. If they were selling liquor that would be one thing, but bud light or what not? I am not sold it is that big of a deal. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. No telling. I think it wouldn't change much, but I could be very wrong.

I don't even need to give these crazy examples of binge drinking

Jun 29, 2016, 11:30 PM

and vomit..

How about little things like,
--I like that I'm not worried about someone spilling beer on me or my daughter.

--I don't want to give people one more reason to have to come and go in front ofe dirong game time. A beer a half makes 4 times 1 person is trying to squeeze through during the game. Tack on more for the bathrrom trip to follow.

And again.. why? For money? Is a Clemson game not enough?

For the record, I'm 37, not far removed from party days.
When Joe Riley put a moratorium on new bar openings in Chas, I called BS. When city council voted to close bars every night at 2a I was against it. Booze in DV.... no thanks.

null

The only valid point there was the spolled beer.

Jun 30, 2016, 8:00 AM

The "isn't the game enough comment" doesn't hold water. Why even drink outside? Why catch a buzz at all? Isn't the game enough? I personally enjoy a beer on a nice day, especially if we were blowing someone out, which we will do often. I have been to the SB, the NBA championship a couple times, had Lakers season tickets, Dodgers season tickets, go to the Masters every year, and I enjoy having a few beers at those. I don't see it as an issue where you can't enjoy watching and have a beer or two. The spilling beer on people would be terrible, especially on a child. I have never done that. That person should be tossed. I am still for the beer if we need to raise revenue to compete properly at any point, or if it is giving our opponents an advantage with more revenue. That is if the revenue is a huge windfall makes a big difference. If it is not, then I am against it. I only go to two Clemson football games a year, so I am not as invested as some of you all are. That said, wouldn't you like a beer at a Clemson basketball game or baseball game?

Re: One can argue that they binge drink harder outside...

Jun 30, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to One can argue that they binge drink harder outside... ]

I use to go to Panther games and they would be looped before going in and then jeep buying inside and get completely wasted. I stopped going because I go for the football and a couple if beers. I go to all Clemson games snd love the fact that with few exceptions I dont have to put up with that nonsense. If Clemson became like Panthers I would not travel 3 hours to endure that. I would give up my tickets

Maybe I am naive, but I imagine Clemson fans behaving better

Jun 30, 2016, 12:45 PM

than the random fans at a NFL game.

Drunks are the same, NFL or college.***

Jun 30, 2016, 4:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you need to find new friends.***

Jun 30, 2016, 4:42 AM [ in reply to Back in the 80's my best friend chugged beer until game time then ]

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Not sure when in the '80's that was....

Jul 1, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Back in the 80's my best friend chugged beer until game time then ]

but when I was there ('81-'86), we would get caught in the stands, go down to the Judge under the South stands, pay a small fine, then go back to our seat!

Go Tigers!

I remember because I asking $22 for a $20 ticket. I was a college kid

Jul 1, 2016, 4:21 PM

and really did not know about scalping. In fact I thought my ticket face value was $25. The Liberty undercover cop grabbed the back of my pants forcing me to walk almost a mile with a severe wedgie to the kangaroo court. It was like going through the old DMV lines winding left and right until you saw the magistrate.

Brings back the good old days. By the way I never sold another ticket. Lol

Carlsbad is it worth the risk ?? Once you open that door you

Jun 29, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to How do you know that will happen? ]

may not be able to close it because the revenue will become part of the budget.

IMO schools that are selling alcohol inside their stadiums have cross a dangerous line. It opens those schools up nto a awhile new liability.

I guess wwe would have to doa study

Jun 29, 2016, 9:22 PM

and see how it has impacted other schools. I think it would be good for hoops though. Anything to get people in those seats. You could be correct though. I would like to know more about the issue.

Re: I guess wwe would have to doa study

Jun 29, 2016, 9:27 PM

I agree with you that it is an issue Clemson needs to research. I don't though I will ever change my mind."

I think Clemson should stop letting people out at halftime and then letting them back in. Once you leave that's it you cannot come back into DV.

I do respect your opinions.

Jun 30, 2016, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: People are already drinking.. ]

Here Here!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To many times we (not just Clemson but our country etc) has been willing to

Jun 29, 2016, 8:56 PM [ in reply to People are already drinking.. ]

Dance with the devil for the sake of money.

Is it dancing with the devil? Maybe not.*****

Jun 29, 2016, 8:58 PM

beer =/= the devil

Jun 29, 2016, 10:59 PM [ in reply to To many times we (not just Clemson but our country etc) has been willing to ]

##### sake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: beer =/= the devil

Jun 30, 2016, 12:48 AM

If you're Muslim it does. Surprisingly there are those who don't see the correlation to those they hate here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring back prohibition

Jun 30, 2016, 1:17 PM [ in reply to To many times we (not just Clemson but our country etc) has been willing to ]

the US is just dancing with the devil to get that sweet, sweet liquor tax revenue.

wouldn't work. Trump couldn't sell his Vodka

Jun 30, 2016, 1:38 PM

in Federal Buildings and National Parks. think of something else, quick!

Jun 30, 2016, 7:14 AM [ in reply to People are already drinking.. ]

Yes people are already drinking, but those people have nothing to do with clemson. 0 affiliation. None of the recruits or parents have to see it inside the stadium, it will still be the same people who leave before halftime to go drink and then come back in.

Aren't they drunk when they return?

Jun 30, 2016, 8:02 AM

What changes? Maybe they are even drunker slamming beers and liquor at the half?

Jun 30, 2016, 9:38 AM [ in reply to People are already drinking.. ]

ISNT IT BAD ENOUGH NOW THAT KIDS AND MANY ADULTS ARE CONSTANTLY UP AND DOWN GOING TO BATHROOM, GOING TO CONCESSIONS. WONDER WHAT THE % IS OF FANS IS THAT ACTUALLY SEES THE ENTIRE GAME. BEER SALES WOULD MAKE IT EVEN WORSE. LOUISVILLE WAS TERRIBLE. I DRINK WITH THE BEST OF THEM AND HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO SNEAK IN A DRINK OR 2 BUT IT IS VERY RARE THAT I LEAVE MY SEAT UNTIL I SEE THE BAND COME ON THE FIELD AT HALFTIME. PEOPLE ARE WAY TO INCONSIDERATE OF OTHERS AS IT IS. PUT ME IN THE NO CATEGORY.

Jun 30, 2016, 9:51 AM

Der, very well said! I sure agree.fans walking back and forth during play makes the entire game less desirable!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having been to plenty of events that serve alcohol

Jun 30, 2016, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: People are already drinking.. ]

parents with kids are always CONSIDERABLY worse than the people drinking in terms of the number of times they get up to go to the bathroom/concession stands.

I've also had little kids kick their sodas on me a ton of times, but can't ever remember somebody spilling beer on me at a game.

Re: Having been to plenty of events that serve alcohol

Jun 30, 2016, 2:15 PM

Don't forget bout that you use to be one of those kids that went back and forth so I would be more patient with kids having to go to the bathroom or get a drink.

Not true

Jun 30, 2016, 3:59 PM

I was only allowed to go down go the bathroom/concession stands one time per game while the game was being played.

I went before kickoff, at halftime, and one time during game play if necessary. The parents now are taking their kids 4 or 5 times a game, and that's all by the mid 3rd quarter at which point they leave because the kids are too tired.

Have a little respect, please.***

Jun 30, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to People are already drinking.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hence, no need for clemson to provide additional alcohol.

Jun 30, 2016, 11:56 AM [ in reply to People are already drinking.. ]

as ronald reagan said, "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

$$$$$$$$ SHOW ME THE MONEY $$$$$$$$***

Jun 30, 2016, 1:01 PM [ in reply to People are already drinking.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not many schools allow you to leave

Jun 29, 2016, 8:35 PM

At half and return after a re-drunk ??

Re: Not many schools allow you to leave

Jun 30, 2016, 9:54 AM

THAT IS ANOTHER POLICY I WOULD BAN. I NEVER LEAVE AT HALFTIME. I KNOW I WILL GET BLASTED FOR IT BUT I NEVER HAVE BEEN INTO RACING TO THE PARKING LOT, DRINKING A COUPLE OF BEERS, RACING BACK IN AND GO TO THE BATHROOM IN HOPES I SEE THE 2ND HALF KICKOFF. OUR ATMOSPHERE IS PATHETIC AT THE START OF THE 3RD QUARTER WITH HALF THE STADIUM NOT IN THEIR SEATS.

Re: Not many schools allow you to leave

Jun 30, 2016, 10:52 AM

Danny Ford once said that the first series in the 3rd qt set the tone for the 2nd half. As a Die Hard Clemson fan I would want to there for the 2nd half kick off to cheer on the Tigers.

deroberts I agree with you.

That's why you gotta smuggle in your own booze***

Jun 30, 2016, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Not many schools allow you to leave ]

Well put. And I'm one that leaves at halftime

Jun 29, 2016, 9:02 PM

but comes back!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

If alcohol at football games is so bad, how unruly were we

Jun 30, 2016, 10:49 AM

as fans at the National Championship or any bowl game for that matter? I had a Miller lite in hand at all moments of the National Championship game. It was great even though I probably spent over $100 cash for cold beer in that game.

It's a huge cash cow and an untapped resource. I'm all for it. The demand is there, that's a for sure. People slam alcohol before the game and at half time to overcompensate for the time in the game. I've even been known to bring in my flask for big games. Bottom line: there are tens of thousands of lubricated tiger fans who may just want to keep the buzz alive.

I would be pro halftime exit ban if beer was sold in the stadium. Half of the people who leave would stay if that were the case. Cut me off in the third quarter and I can sober up on chicken wings back at the tailgate celebrating the tiger win.

I think that the $600+ ticket kept most of the riff-raff out

Jun 30, 2016, 2:24 PM

at the NC game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

100% Against Alcohol Sales at College Stadiums

Jun 29, 2016, 9:32 PM

Especially Death Valley. I agree with others that it will take away from the family atmosphere that many of us love and visitors are surprised to find. That being said, as far as alcohol sales are concerned...three of the stadiums we played in last year sold in stadium alcohol: ACCCG, Orange Bowl, and the National Championship Game. I enjoyed a couple at each game and really liked the craft beer selection at a few. I didn't see anyone getting out of hand or any ill effects from alcohol sales. None of the three mentioned though can hold a candle to the atmosphere of Death Valley!

I think it is inevitable because of the potential revenue. But, my vote is to hold off as long as possible. One of my big gripes as of late is the "mega tailgates" so close to the stadium that really over power single space/family tailgating. One in particular plays really loud music right beside the stadium and often plays over in stadium events. I remember distinctly loud, obnoxious music coming from a tailgate during military appreciation ceremonies. Maybe I'm just getting old! ;)

GO TIGERS!! B.Y.O.G. and B.Y.O.B.!

Re: 100% Against Alcohol Sales at College Stadiums

Jun 30, 2016, 9:29 AM

Syracuse also sold it inside the stadium. I was told the Carrier Dome is one of only 4 on campus stadiums that did so. Sounds like that number has increased.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

A large percentage of off-campus stadiums sell

Jun 30, 2016, 1:22 PM

because they already have the infrastructure in place from hosting professional events.

Re: As more and more schools approve of the sale of alcohol

Jun 29, 2016, 9:37 PM

I'm not a prude and I've definitely done my share of drinking in my younger years . But I've come to realize that nothing good comes from drinking in the long run .

I love beer. And good scotch, and good rum, and good

Jun 29, 2016, 9:40 PM

bourbon, and good vodka, and good Irish whiskey. I love a few shots of tequila every now and then as well. Having said that, when I go to a Clemson football game, I'm ultimately there for the football. The problem with alcohol at football games is almost always with the people who are there for the alcohol, or otherwise just can't enjoy the game without it. It's just not that important to me at a football game, so while I don't flat out object to sales in the stadium, I completely understand the reasons for not having it, and I'm fine with that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Usually to drink a stadium or airport beer, one has to cash

Jun 29, 2016, 10:50 PM

in their 401k. High prices prevent abuse in most cases.

I don't know if I'm for or against the alcohol in the stands

Jun 30, 2016, 1:29 PM [ in reply to I love beer. And good scotch, and good rum, and good ]

But to think that someone would pay for game tickets and parking just "to be there for the alcohol" is a bit of a stretch. You can buy a case of beer at the gas station and stand on the sidewalk if that's the case. I know I would not spend $300 just for the privilege for me and my wife to buy 3 $7 beers when we got into the stadium. ;)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

I look at it from two perspectives....

Jun 29, 2016, 9:41 PM

First, for the responsible folks that want to pay ~$8 bucks for a 16oz cup of draft beer to wash down their hot dog, I say great. They aren't going to get rowdy and show their azzes, most likely. They may have indeed drank some before the game, maybe during halftime, and possibly even afterwards at the tailgate. I have no problem with this, since it usually doesn't interfere with my game experience and simply adds dollars to the coffer.

Second, for the irresponsible folks that don't mind paying ~$16 bucks for two 16oz cups of draft beer (and then have a non-drinking wingman buy two more for him at the same time) in an effort to simply get as shyte faced as possible while in the stands, I say not so great. I have been to too many NFL games where folks who are clearly already inebriated are buying more beer and become an issue for others around them and then security shows up and etc etc. It certainly interferes with the game experience but the profits are huge.

And yes, I drink beer. I love beer. But I guess it's the old adage of a few bad apples ruining it for everyone else. Just my opinion.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

You have completely sober folks showing

Jun 29, 2016, 9:46 PM

their azzes all the time at games. Throw the bad apples out and let people buy beer.

There is nothing immoral about drinking.

Jun 29, 2016, 9:42 PM

Sell alcohol at the Valley and guess what will happen? Probably just alot longer lines for the bathroom......there is not going to be some mass drunken ragefest happening.....Good Lord.

What do selling alcohol and family atmosphere have to do with each other?

Jun 29, 2016, 9:46 PM

If you're worried about how people will act inside the stadium then pull a Master's and ban anyone who can't be responsible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess real families don't drink.***

Jun 29, 2016, 9:49 PM

No sales but anyone w a box can currently drink in DV.***

Jun 29, 2016, 10:38 PM

What if alcohol sales eliminated the need to charge students

Jun 29, 2016, 10:47 PM

for tickets?

I would drink a few beers so a student can see the game for free! As an Alum it is the least that I could do!

^^^bragging about being an alum. Thinks he's better than us

Jun 29, 2016, 10:58 PM

/s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang proud of my 7th grade diploma. Ever tried diagramming _

Jun 30, 2016, 7:53 AM

A complex sentence? It is not easy!

I used to have nightmares about that chit.***

Jun 30, 2016, 10:16 PM

Re: I used to have nightmares about that chit.***

Jul 1, 2016, 6:39 AM

I live up in CT now where the only football games I attend except for 1-2 Clemson games are pro games or Uconn home games. For the Uconn games drinking Is the primary reason folks go -- it sure ain't the team. They allow alcohol in stadium -- and it makes a ton of money for the school. You see drunks, yes, but you'd see them without it, everyone slams them back before entering--since the beers are $10/pop.

For us--it's different. Those days are special, those days are precious. Death Valley is a magical thing. A buzz is one thing but if you need to get bombed to have a good time in Death Valley--you may need professional help.

I'm a pretty open minded dude.. I love that we don't sell booze

Jun 29, 2016, 11:05 PM

Money doesn't need to drive everything.
Is anyone having a lesser experience bc alcohol is not being sold?
I'm no fear mongerer, but the consequences far outweigh the benefits.

null

most Muslim countries ban alcohol too

Jun 29, 2016, 11:35 PM

they state much of the same reasons. I say leave your choices with you and don't impose them on others.

as long as it doesn't interfere with the pass out policy***

Jun 30, 2016, 1:19 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they want to drink, then donate more and sit in the suites or boxes

Jun 30, 2016, 3:51 AM

That's what we do. Not really for the drinking but because we have some older/handicapped people that really benefit from being in the South Club and West Zone.

Snowflake Basher........Out

dear DSP: does this mean Clemson can be the next Liberty?

Jun 30, 2016, 5:24 AM

tia, obviously...

and asking for a friend on a cross.

40 years ago, I'd have been in favor of alcohol sales

Jun 30, 2016, 6:52 AM

at DV....simply because every adult should have the right. Nowadays, I'm severely less inclined to allow said dispensing only to save whats so great about our games for the kids. They see enough drinking out in the lots and it only rarely gets out of hand. Undoubtedly, there'd be incidents in the stadium with the chickenlittles if alcohol was sold at concessions...and can you imagine what Williams-Bryce will be like for visiting Tiger fans when they start selling alcohol??

DV is an outstanding family experience. Keep halftime passes out to the tailgate areas and pass on inside sales.

I sound like my father...lol

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that you, Dad?!

Jun 30, 2016, 7:12 AM

;)

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

To this day, I'm amazed

Jun 30, 2016, 7:16 AM

how smart my Dad got as I progressed from my teens to my thirties...:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you used to be in favor of freedom

Jun 30, 2016, 1:24 PM [ in reply to 40 years ago, I'd have been in favor of alcohol sales ]

but now, not so much?

lol....more

Jun 30, 2016, 4:20 PM

balancing the rights of every adult to make their own choices with the rights of children not to have to be unnecessarily exposed to adult idiocy....like I said, the system we have now seems to work....keep the halftime passes to the parking lots....and pass on inside liquor sales.

There was a time many, many years ago when my season tix were in the North Stands that I could time my end of the first half exit from the stadium, my arrival at the Esso Club for a couple of quick drafts, and ultimately my departure from there and arrival back at my seat just as the kick-off was settling into the arms of the kick-returner.....:~)

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Jun 30, 2016, 7:11 AM

I'm with you. I think it would detract significantly from the atmosphere in the stadium.

There must be rules.

Jun 30, 2016, 7:30 AM

Rules teach us that the world doesn't revolve around us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 30, 2016, 7:44 AM

It would be counter-intuitive to the culture we've built. Sends a different message than the one we are giving on the recruiting trail. I'd love to be able to enjoy a COLD beer inside DV. BUT not at the expense of what Dabo has created.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beer sales until half-time will kill the culture?

Jun 30, 2016, 8:47 AM

Yet the drink-fest going on with the massive tailgating outside the stadium before, during, and after the game doesn't harm the "culture" at all?

Com'on man....

Just be honest, you'd ban alcohol in the tail-gates too wouldn't you?

You'd swear it's the Taliban here with all this alcohol hating.

Re: Beer sales until half-time will kill the culture?

Jun 30, 2016, 10:42 AM

If you are referring to me, NO I would not ban alcohol outside at tailgate sites. Like I said I will usually have a couple of beers before the game but I don't get hammered. If you are going to drink that much why come to the game that you probably want remember.

we'll sell it at Kingsmore and Littlejohn

Jun 30, 2016, 8:22 AM

within the next couple years, I will bet.

it's coming to Clemson, just a matter of when.

Those two would be perfect spots for beer sales imo.*****

Jun 30, 2016, 8:26 AM

Having beer served will not hurt family atmosphere.

Jun 30, 2016, 9:34 AM

Give me a break.

"A place you can send you kid where morals and family values still have meaning."

Yes, because everywhere else we go w/ our kids that serves beer is da'DEBIL!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jun 30, 2016, 9:48 AM

sure agree!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2016, 10:23 AM

I don't think it would be any different. I'm younger, I still like to have a good time and so do my friends. Yes we get drunk before the game and I'd say about 95% of the people my ageish that I know make liquor store stops on their way to Death Valley to grab mini bottles for the sole purpose of sneaking them into the game. Are we just deginerates? Maybe. But I'd be willing to bed that vast majority of fans 30 and under are pretty intoxicated and find ways to drink during the games already. If they sold frosty cold beers I'd be a customer.

Don't even mention the student sections I've seen full handles smuggled in. The colder it gets the more clothing, the more liquor gets past security.

My section has rats

Jun 30, 2016, 1:11 PM

who will report you if they see booze.

Luckily the people around me are happy to help screen each other from the liquor Nazis while we pour.

and that rock and roll!

Jun 30, 2016, 10:45 AM

when are those kids gonna stop blasting that dag gum rock and roll! playing those records and dancing around....

and women drivers

If it was really some kind of moral stance they would ban

Jun 30, 2016, 10:45 AM

alcohol from campus entirely on game days. Everyone is already drinking outside. The real question is whether or not the university can profit from these sales by selling it within the stadium without getting too much of a black eye publicly. You can bet your ### D-Rad and company would like to do it. It's just a matter of when it becomes "acceptable" enough to pass it through.

ban all alcohol from campus on gamedays you say?

Jun 30, 2016, 10:53 AM

I'm buying stock in concealable flasks now!

who makes concealable flasks?

Kids should have to sneak in mini bottles the old fashioned

Jun 30, 2016, 11:50 AM

way.

Don't mess with tradition!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, Alcohol is the Devil

Jun 30, 2016, 12:51 PM

-Signed, Mama Boucher

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic