»
Topic: Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!
Replies: 7   Last Post: Apr 14, 2019 4:26 PM by: catfan®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 9:39 AM

What a place.. even without the $1.50 pimento cheese sandwich, colorful clothing, loud gallery screams thru the pine trees from excited fans, unreal beauty of the landscape.

You must attend once in your lifetime, even for a practice day!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 9:43 AM

Television doesn't really do it justice. Beautiful

2019 white level member

Re: Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 9:50 AM

Also - Ben Hogan .....That was a loooong time ago... -:)

2019 purple level member

I went once

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 9:55 AM

it was fun, but it was enough

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 10:28 AM

I rubbed elbows with a host of people but I didn't catch their name and they didn't ask for mine. There were so many in the line at the concession stands, the rest rooms and moving and sitting on the course. It was ill mannered of me not to introduce myself and let them know who I was. I promise to do better in the future.

military_donation.jpg

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 10:54 AM

I once spent about 20 minutes talking to Chi Chi Rodreguez’s Caddy at a Chinese restaurant on south boulevard in Charlotte

There was a Senior tour event at Piper Glenn and several of them were in a hotel near my apartment

This guy was hilarious

I thought he was yanking chains but tuned in the next day and there he was caddying for Chi Chi.

I asked him about something I saw Chi Chi do on TV (hit two balls teed beside each other - hooked one and sliced the other and made them hit in the air)

The caddy got serious for a moment and said that some of the things Chi Chi would do on the practice range and practice rounds was unreal. He said he had been caddying for Chi Chi a long time and Chi Chi would still amaze him with what he could do with the ball

Chi-Chi Rod knew Tn Earnie Ford and once saw the Singer sitting in gallery under pines next to me..

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 11:48 AM

and during a backed-up situation near Amen Corner many years ago..Chico saw Tennessee (sitting in front of me on a single peg wooden stool embedded in the soft ground, carving on a small piece of wood) with a cloth brim hat which had a large collection of fishing lures attached..

and Chi-Chi yelled outloud “TENNESSEE” so loud it scared all around..and Tenneesee stood up and yelled back CHI-CHI..

and then they approached the other under the pines (remember ChiChi was playing and he’s left the fairway to communicate with a famous friend).

Afterwards my Clemson Buddy had the nerve of mentioning to me he’d like to get Earnie’s autograph since we were standing right behind him!!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 4:26 PM

Two of my wives ( ex ) have been winked at by Arnold Palmer .

Now what are the odds on that ?

(I'm not proud of being divorced twice)

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 7  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
370 people have read this post