Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hilarious Clemson thread on Georgia 24 7 Board...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Hilarious Clemson thread on Georgia 24 7 Board...

Mar 29, 2019, 10:35 AM

This board has been b1tching and moaning a lot recently about our recruiting success. Living rent free over there.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Board/19/Contents/Curious-about-Good-Guy-Clemson-130620960/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That' s rich coming from a program that hasn't done anything

Mar 29, 2019, 10:58 AM

since 1980 ... what explains their recruiting successes ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the "small" Greenville market comment.Just the facts,

Mar 29, 2019, 6:27 PM

Greenville County has been the most populated County in SC since the 1900 census. Greenville County has held just over 10% of the State's population in the last forty years. The new Census doesn't come put until 2022, but based on current growth, Greenville County is estimated to have 500,000 people living in the County, with S.C's total state population at 5 million.

On top of that, Greenville County, and the Counties in S.C. that touch Greenville County, i.e. Spartanburg, Pickens, Laurens, and Anderson County collectively have approximately 1 million of the 5 million people in the State. By comparison, the Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchestor County has a collective population of around 650,000 people. The Richland, Lexington, and the five other Counties surrounding those Counties has a population of around 670,000 people.

The confusion with Greenville's population across the state comes from Greenville's decision over the last 50 years to not expand the City limits. The City of Greenville is just over 25 square miles, by choice. By contrast, the City of Columbia is 125 square miles. If the City of Greenville simply used the County density and incorporated 125 square miles, it would have the largest population of any City in S.C.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hilarious Clemson thread on Georgia 24 7 Board...

Mar 29, 2019, 11:05 AM

Wow! Just Wow! How can those guys be so clueless? I guess they dont remember their last two recruiting classes even after not winning anything. Those entitled folks blow my mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mutts Are Stupid & Salty

Mar 29, 2019, 11:07 AM

Kirby won't win anything there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 11:17 AM

The New Spring church in Athens must have folded and moved to Clemson. If we are cheating we owe it all to the Bulldogs, they taught us well.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Harry Reid has said, "It worked, didn't it?"***

Mar 29, 2019, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This car was the first thing that popped into my mind***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious Clemson thread on Georgia 24 7 Board... ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oh the hypocrisy and the irony !!!

Mar 29, 2019, 11:42 AM

Wow...just wow !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dawgs & Coots have been doing some inbreeding!

Mar 29, 2019, 11:44 AM

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawgs & Coots are A LOT alike...

Mar 29, 2019, 12:44 PM

Both are mouth breathing bottom feeders but one has a little more history and tradition than the other.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

lbb - trying to picture that . . .

Mar 29, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Dawgs & Coots have been doing some inbreeding! ]

NOT a pleasant image . . .

Now, I’m trying to unsee it!!!

Feathers and fur are flying everywhere . . . and the squawking and crowing and growling sounds like Sunday morning after the Coots lose by 21 . . .

Ugly in my head . . . Tnx!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lbb - trying to picture that . . .

Mar 29, 2019, 5:52 PM

Don't forget the drooling...gallons of dog spit everywhere...

Re: Dawgs & Coots have been doing some inbreeding!

Mar 29, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Dawgs & Coots have been doing some inbreeding! ]

This! Dumb & Dumber!!

Lucky for them, every dog has his day. Unlucky for them

Mar 29, 2019, 11:44 AM

it was in 1980.

Tumbleweed Anderson?

Mar 29, 2019, 11:45 AM

Uh, the town of Clemson was named after the University. No, Clemson is not in Anderson, it's on the banks of the beautiful Lake Hartwell.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On land donated by Thomas Green Anderson.***

Mar 29, 2019, 1:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: On land donated by Thomas Green Clemson.***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:20 PM

^ There, fixed it for ya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Green_Clemson

Re: On land donated by Thomas Green Clemson.***

Mar 29, 2019, 4:22 PM

Someone just asked him to WOO-HOO...

In their minds we’ve been losing the recruiting battles the last couple of years

Mar 29, 2019, 12:50 PM

and yet we still win national championships. What happens when we win all these recruiting battles? Yeah let that sink in mutts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fittingly, that poast was poasted in...

Mar 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

“The Junkyard.”

Where all Ugga junk, especially their football program, should be placed.

~JKB

Let me first to say...

Mar 29, 2019, 1:46 PM

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Man, is it great to be #1!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 2:02 PM

That was delicious. Thank you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 2:04 PM

Is this where superdawg ended up when he was too embarrassed the show his face over here after the LSU game?

Suddenly it makes sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 6:24 PM

Supermutt was provided all poasts and I forwarded them to his email. He is a coward indeed! He looms here trust me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they seem worried that uga might lose a recruiting championship this year.

Mar 29, 2019, 2:22 PM

lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 3:04 PM

This is all a crock of BS!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasoning was never a dawg's forte

Mar 29, 2019, 3:13 PM

Take a look at the number of years Dabo and Kirby have been at their respective schools. It's easy to see that one built a nationally-ranked program after putting in years of hard work (2008-2019). The other immediately has national recruiting ranks of 6, 3, 1, 2 (2016-2019). Hmm...

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Reasoning was never a dawg's forte

Mar 29, 2019, 3:56 PM

It is worse than that.

Dabo didn't take over a program with nine 10w seasons in the previous 12 yeas. Think that Kirby is standing on the shoulders of Mark Richt!

Re: Reasoning was never a dawg's forte

Mar 29, 2019, 6:01 PM

You are correct. I was mainly addressing their harping on recruiting when they have a former Bama assistant come in and "somehow" grab all of those 5 stars in his first four years.

--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 29, 2019, 4:28 PM

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815/

Georgia has a couple of 18 somethings get in a fight at a bar (absolutely insane, this never happens! uhoh ) and Kirby has lost control and is running a Florida Urban style program

They can't read statistics in Athens I guess? They dominate the country in arrests and it's been a consistent issue. I don't know what they think it "never happens".....

Everything you need to know about those

Mar 29, 2019, 4:29 PM

clueless goobers is this:

They think Clemson is in Anderson

Carry on and feel free to ignore the drivel of fools

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

that Penn State comparison/insinuation

Mar 29, 2019, 4:34 PM

Is disgusting quite frankly

Now I need a flea dip...

Mar 29, 2019, 4:49 PM

I should never have read that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 5:23 PM

The intriguing part is the vast financial disparity between the schools.

For starters, there's just basic size. Clemson's is 19,402. UGA's stands at 37,606.

Then there's the fact that UGA is in a vastly wealthier state, and while in Athens, UGA's enrollment is primarily drawn from Atlanta, the ninth-biggest metropolitan area in the entire United States. Whereas Clemson is, well, Clemson, located in the furthest corner of Upstate South Carolina.

Meh. The facts are completely against the conspiracy theoriests. We are never going to win bidding wars against the likes of UGA, Alabama, Texas A&M, Southern Cal. Financial reality precludes it.

And hey: on paper, Clemson has been thoroughly outrecruited by all those schools...even over the last five years, when Clemson's made the playoffs four times, appeared in three national title games, and won two of them. Clemson's landed some elite talent at the top end of our classes, granted, guys like Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Christian Wilkins. We've also supplemented with a boatload of 2-and-3-star "project" players who were evaluated and developed correctly, and our big edge is the fact that we've offered (and signed) the fewest players in Division I football over the last five years...even less than Stanford. Our big edge is player development...and player (and coaching) retention.

Not raw recruiting.

We don't offer a lot of players. Most years we don't sign a lot of players. We just hold onto and develop the ones we have, and our "hit rate" - number of successes versus number of players signed - is the marvel of college football. Articles have even been written about it. Like this one:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/2/8/16955414/clemson-football-signing-day-2018

Well said***

Mar 29, 2019, 5:58 PM

--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic