Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On a scale of 1 to 10, what was your pucker factor when the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,482

On a scale of 1 to 10, what was your pucker factor when the

Oct 3, 2016, 12:57 PM

Birds went up 8?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

11 because I knew the D was getting tired***

Oct 3, 2016, 12:58 PM

yeah honestly i was worried

Oct 3, 2016, 1:01 PM

Louisville could score again and turn the final into a 43-28 game

We are on the same page. I did not see how we were going to

Oct 3, 2016, 1:03 PM [ in reply to 11 because I knew the D was getting tired*** ]

have any gas left in the tank on D. I told my son,most people have no idea what kind of mental toughness it took to rush the passer those last couple of possessions. I mean, seriously, the D had played almost the equivalence of TWO games at that point. And we did not just rush the passer, WE RUSSHED THE PASSER!!

Venables always says he wants "Complance without Complaint". Well, he got it on those last 2 drives!

i admit to being resigned we were going to lose

Oct 3, 2016, 1:03 PM

told my dad "we just need to make ANY play to get some momentum back."

Then Scott did his bidness. It was like a light switched on.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I told my wife, "If we don't do something big on this next

Oct 3, 2016, 1:15 PM

possession, this game could get real ugly." Then Tay Scott went and did something big.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On a scale of 1 to 10, what was your pucker factor when the

Oct 3, 2016, 1:04 PM

Never had a doubt we were going to pull it out....

Oct 3, 2016, 1:06 PM

actually very low, I even had a friend text me because I was so confident all week. WHen they went up 8 he said I bet you arent that confident now and I said, Yes I am, and we will win this game. I have felt all along we will win the Ship this year so I am saying 15-0

I knew we could move the ball if we stopped turning it over

Oct 3, 2016, 1:06 PM

but we really needed to sustain a nice long time consuming drive in order to give the defense a good rest. They were gassed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 3, 2016, 1:08 PM

I had to go do some pacing in the concourse, and the amount of people doing the same was funny. I kid you not, there was a lady sitting there meditating or finding her happy place or praying or something. She was deep into it. Craziness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys may not believe me but when I saw that we still had...

Oct 3, 2016, 1:09 PM

Almost 8 mins left, I was till pretty cool, calm, & collected. Over the past few years (especially since Deshawn Watson has been under center) I just always expect to win now.

I guess it's because we have really shifted the mind set at Clemson coupled with the weapons we have all over the field.

Maybe I'm naive and should have been a bit more worried....

Agree***

Oct 3, 2016, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

once the kick returned happened

Oct 3, 2016, 1:16 PM [ in reply to You guys may not believe me but when I saw that we still had... ]

my worry turned into belief and excitement again

Pucker factor was not high then

Oct 3, 2016, 1:12 PM

But it topped the scales on that 4th down at the end. Was a 10.1 on a 1-10 scale from the time that guy caught the ball until we knocked him out of bounds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 1:18 PM

I said "This is going to be tough now... someone has to step up and make a momentum changing play"

Enter Artavis Scott with the KO return.

Enter Carlos Watkins with the tipped pass.

Thats what championship teams do.. make a play when you need one.

Oct 3, 2016, 1:18 PM

10. Ashamed to say that we had decided that if we weren't able to score on the upcoming drive, that we were going to make our way to the truck and beat traffic. THANK YOU ARTAVIS!! We were still standing in the stands 20 min after the game was over. Never had a better time sitting in traffic, and hands down the best game I've ever attended. Serious gut check by the D. Championship performance.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,482
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic