Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On Watson and ACL Injuries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

On Watson and ACL Injuries

Nov 30, 2014, 7:02 PM

People seem to view ACL injuries as an automatic death sentence for a football season. That's not necessarily true.

You can play a lot of sports with an ACL injury, and even no ACL. It makes pivoting and cutting difficult, but if you don't have a lot of pain, it's really not that bothersome. Another big problem with ACL injuries is that they can cause instability in the knee. But if that doesn't happen, you can play on it.

Watson clearly had okay stability in his knee (the brace helped), and wasn't in so much pain that he couldn't play. With a position such as offensive and defensive line, yes, this is a season ending injury. This is because they have to put a lot of pressure on their knees to get leverage. But if you're just sitting back in the pocket and throwing rockets (or shovel passes) like Watson was on Saturday? No problem.

And a final note: If Dabo had been told by the doctors/trainers that Watson couldn't play, Watson wouldn't have played. It's that simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%. Great Post!***

Nov 30, 2014, 7:05 PM

Good post, my Friend. The important thing for us to

Nov 30, 2014, 7:10 PM

remember is that it's not important what the he1l the media or anyone else says about Watson playing; it's only important what Dabo Swinney and our team doctors say about his playing.

Apparently, DW was in complete agreement with Dabo and the doctors! Kudos to him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the fact Dabo listened to DW

Nov 30, 2014, 7:25 PM

When he said he still wanted to go Saturday. Dabo checked with the trainers and when they said he would be ok, let Watson play like he wanted.

Another fine example of dabo listening to his players and doing his best for them. Some more hard headed coaches might have told Watson there was no way he was playing no matter what the trainers said. We are blessed to have such an amazing competitor like DW but just as blessed to have a HC like dabo.

Unlike many head coaches out there, Dabo has integrity. He

Nov 30, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Good post, my Friend. The important thing for us to ]

would never play a player if there was any doubt. That is not how Dabo does things. I totally trust him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.***

Nov 30, 2014, 7:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: On Watson and ACL Injuries

Nov 30, 2014, 7:20 PM

Hines Ward played a likely HOF career as a WR without an ACL in his left knee. Its by no means a death sentence.

Nov 30, 2014, 7:20 PM

Hey 6317forever...you are always posting some great stuff! Seriously, you make a lot of sense! You make us older Tigers proud to see the next generation has got it!! Go Tigers!

Nov 30, 2014, 7:32 PM

I can't believe CM called a qb sneak from the one on a torn ACL knee. Talk about pressure
on the knee. A lot of things CM did that made me question him. I am really not that sad to hear
him leave.

"Didn't have a play with him underneath the center when he was healthy but put a torn ACL under there??"

Nov 30, 2014, 7:36 PM

Idiot post alert Tboy84

Nov 30, 2014, 7:40 PM

1666 post in three years??? Dude you don't have a life do you? This is your life being a smart ### on Tnet. Sad small mind.

Tcoot still crying knowing he has to see Watson lead Clemson

Nov 30, 2014, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: On Watson and ACL Injuries ]

for the next 2 or 3 years. Bwahahaha.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 7:40 PM

I agree. I tore my ACL Nov 2013 and did not have surgery until Jul 2014. Granted I am not a well tuned quarterback'n machine like DW but most days it didn't hurt, it just felt unstable unless I moved in the wrong direction. I got used to it and if I didn't have to run at work I probably never would have had surgery. Looking back at the game it makes sense that he came out a play or two. That run where he was robbed of his TD was pretty impressive with a torn ACL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 7:42 PM

Roberto Garza who plays center and guard for the Chicago bears has no ACL in one knee. You can play pretty much any position on the field if the pain and swelling allows.

That's very impressive for a lineman. It's not something

Dec 1, 2014, 9:46 AM

you'll often see.

Nov 30, 2014, 8:13 PM

Found an interesting article in this regard of other athletes like hines ward that played without acls.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/athletes-without-acls/

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic