Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On Being an Elderly Teenager
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,843

On Being an Elderly Teenager

Jun 8, 2017, 2:41 PM

I didn't realize a simple story about a small grenade would elicit comments about "is he" or "isn't he". Having recently passed the mid-point between 95 and 96, the thought occurred that I will soon be known as a senior citizen. I did a little research on what I could expect when I reach senior citizen status and what I found indicates I have already arrived in that neighborhood. The one good thing about approaching the gates of a senior citizen requires no class hours or a written test. However, there is one necessary requirement, just don't have need for your friendly undertaker before reaching the entry age.

Here are a few things I've learned that appear to be a common occurrence among those much older then me. If you want to talk to yourself, do it while you are young. I talk to myself quite often but find I can never carry on an intelligent conversation. The subject matter seems to change with the bat of an eye. At other times I realize I have formed a conclusion without the least idea re the topic.

Many senior citizens seem to shrink in height and expand in girth as they age and I test positive to that malady. I also notice the ground has lowered. I used to be able to bend over and touch the ground with the palm of my hand. My hand now gets no lower than my knee.

Never thought I'd get to the stage where I would find it difficult tying my shoe laces. I haven't made any measurements lately buy I suspect my arms are getting shorter or my legs are getting longer.

I had planned to list several more senior citizen habits but can't remember them just now.

Have a great day !!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On Being an Elderly Teenager

Jun 8, 2017, 3:05 PM

I just turned 59 last Sunday. The main thing that I notice is that you're quicker to ache and longer to heal. Plus the CRS disease.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On Being an Elderly Teenager

Jun 8, 2017, 4:26 PM

You are definitely the exception. My pops is in his sixties and drives to Verizon to deal with issues such as passwords and email. If I didn't know any better I would think that you were someone's scok. Congrats on having incredible genes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought my parents were the only ones who drive to

Jun 8, 2017, 4:37 PM

Verizon because they have a problem with their "phone" even though the problem lies with "user error."

My mom got mad recently because the guy at the Verizon store couldn't help her use her email on her phone...because she couldn't remember her password. Things like that remind me that I'm thankful I don't work at a Verizon store, or AT&T or some other similar provider.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Two other realizations for you Joe

Jun 8, 2017, 5:27 PM

1. Your research should have shown that you reached the senior citizen stage at least by the time your Social Security check kicked in over 30 years ago and

2. when you speak of "those much older than" you, just what is your definition of "much older"?

( offered by one who already admits reaching that status and has acquired all the characteristics that you mentioned).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two other realizations for you Joe

Jun 8, 2017, 9:56 PM

There are a lot of people older than me. Several here at Clemson Downs are over 100. My brother will be 98 on Sept.1. So yes, I can refer to those as the older generation. (I wish I had the proper emicon to insert here) I'm beginning to believe the old adage, AGE IS AN ATTITUDE. Inherited genes and a whole lot of luck are certainly important factors.

I note your Purple Heart. Many thanks for your service

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like a friend of mine says all the time, if you don't go to

Jun 8, 2017, 10:27 PM

your friend's funerals,they'll be coming to yours......Keep on Truckin' Joe!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like a friend of mine says all the time, if you don't go to

Jun 8, 2017, 10:27 PM

your friend's funerals,they'll be coming to yours......Keep on Truckin' Joe!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,843
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic