Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ole Miss about to find out what Sakerlina learned
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,549

Ole Miss about to find out what Sakerlina learned

Jul 23, 2017, 4:17 AM

When your conference is Alabama plus Auburn or LSU once every 5 to 6 years and then everyone else -- there is just no long term success there. Heck - they aren't even in the east where at least you can play for a divisional trophy before reality strikes.

Who in their right mind would ever take that job. It is toxic with the promise of facing better teams with better pedigrees and better recruiting than you.

Yikes. I'm sure the Chad will make the right decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Ole Miss about to find out what Sakerlina learned

Jul 23, 2017, 5:26 AM

I think that Chad would stay where he is until something like UT or A&M opens up....if the probation thing was not hovering over Ole Miss, might be attractive, but if it does to the Rebs what it did to SMU in the 80's the situation is a lose-lose...remember Ole Miss is not UNCheat...they wont get an apology and free pass from the NCAA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 6:31 AM

Hope he goes to A&M, just because they're permanent cross-divisional rivals with the coots now. Would be fun to watch his guys beat that ### year after year, not that A&M doesn't do that already..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Morris won't win anywhere

Jul 23, 2017, 6:41 AM

he was a decent OC, but its a good think we upgraded. Chad might get SMU back to where they were 5 or 6 years ago with June Jones, but that's about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris won't win anywhere

Jul 23, 2017, 6:53 AM

He's the #1 reason Deshaun came to Clemson. Good enough for me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 7:54 AM

Morris was not the #1 reason DW came to Clemson. It was the program, the winning tradition, and while Morris was ONE of the reasons, it goes beyond Morris. I don't see Morris going to ole ####. They are also huge coat tail riders, just like the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 9:17 AM

LOL, he most definitely was the biggest reason.. not the only reason by any means, but I never said that.

--

"He was the first one to offer me. The relationship was bigger than football and getting me on campus," Watson said in the video. "He was always there for me during my mom's situation when my mom was sick."

http://www.tigernet.com/update/WATCH-SMU-releases-video-on-Chad-Morris-and-Deshaun-Watson-26708

--

Two years after Morris left for SMU, Watson and the Tigers will play in their second straight national title game. And Watson is still praising the offensive guru who spent three years recruiting him.

"Chad Morris has had a huge impact on my life," Watson told reporters at last week's Fiesta Bowl. "I still talk to him to this day. He's like a father figure for me, and a coach. He's just a special guy."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/06/24/guy-landed-deshaun-watson-chad-morris-struggling-bring-marquee-quarterback-smu

Jul 23, 2017, 5:30 AM

While that is true , it would mark a significant upgrade for the Chad .
The other thing about coaching a team surrounded by better teams is that any skreckle of success and you're a hero ...sustain a few years of it and you'll be jumping up to a better job for being consistent at a nobody-school .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 23, 2017, 6:12 AM

But can't he get that at SMU ... or hasn't he already? Seems like a high risk low reward scenario at Ole Miss.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Jul 23, 2017, 8:28 AM

Chad would never be able to cheat enough to coach at Ole Miss. He will be a hero at SMU, and a future scapegoat at Ole Miss. Ole Miss SUCKS IT!

Ole Miss deserves Lane Kiffen as their next HC, at least until some other job comes along for Kiffen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 9:52 AM

I hate the school and the history that the school has represented. But the last 3 years they have been a thorn in Bama's Butt. They beat Bama in 2014, 15, and lost 48-43 in 2016.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,549
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic