Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge?

Oct 2, 2012, 8:41 PM

I've noticed many seats in the season ticket areas being filled late, like just as the players run down the hill or right before or slightly after kickoff.

Get there early for GT, be loud be proud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll Certainly Be There, but.........

Oct 2, 2012, 9:06 PM

You have to agree to:

1) Stop the "whoo hoo"

2) Use no more than 2 "FIGHT"s.

3) Agree that Purple and Orange are the proper and only school colors.

Not quite on #3

Oct 3, 2012, 7:44 AM

Clemson's official primary colors are Clemson Orange, Regalia (purple) and Fort Hill (white)

http://www.clemson.edu/administration/public-affairs/toolbox/standards/colors.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge?

Oct 2, 2012, 10:13 PM

Us old guys have been penalized for making too much noise. Have you young guys had a flag thrown on you for yelling?

Us old guys have had opposing national championship coaches write letters before the game complaining that we made too much noise and disrupted the flow of the game. Have you young guys gotten any letters for being too loud?

Us old guys have seen the NCAA pass rules against us for making too much noise. Have you young guys had rules written against you because you yelled too much, too loudly or at the wrong time?

Don't worry about us old guys. You young guys should do something that everyone in the nation notices. When you do, then we'll talk.

BTW Dabo says this Saturday would be a good time for you young guys to make some noise.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone needs to read this post. Every word is true.***

Oct 2, 2012, 10:40 PM

Re: Everyone needs to read this post. Every word is true.***

Oct 21, 2012, 2:07 PM

if U are talking about Harley`s U are dead on!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha. I'm a "young guy" by this post's standards, but

Oct 2, 2012, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

that was awesome, Harley.

null

Oct 2, 2012, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

Agree you guys are loud, but don't act like the younger generation doesn't have lungs. We did break the stadium noise record in 2005, when some of us "young guys" were there.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-482408443085380597

What a game it was

thats what I am saying

Oct 2, 2012, 11:20 PM

I dont know when it did, but at some point it became popular to slam students on here on a regular basis. Seems like a weekly thing

Who started this thread? Who's slaming whom?***

Oct 2, 2012, 11:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was in response to that other thread

Oct 2, 2012, 11:52 PM

partially tongue in cheek

My post wasn't intended to slam the students.

Oct 3, 2012, 8:38 AM

It was intended to challenge them, just as Dabo did, to show up early and stay the whole game making Death Valley a tough place to play.

I never suggested the students can't get loud at times. But the fact is the students come in to the valley late and often leave early. Obviously, Dabo notices it also.

You guys need to be the leaders. You're young and energetic. Death Valley will rise and fall with the student section. Instead of being offended that someone calls you out, prove them wrong.

Impressive

Oct 3, 2012, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

We are not saying the young fans are not loud, just taking credit for our own accomplishments. Plus, I don't think they measured noise levels in the 'olden' days, like the late 70's or early 80's. LOL

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

So...could it be...that Clemson fans are awesome...

Oct 3, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

regardless of age?

null

Oct 3, 2012, 4:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

You tell 'em Harley! Us old folks know how to make some noise! Go Tigers!

Us Old Guys have caused an opposing teams offense to back

Oct 3, 2012, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

away from the ball and ask a ref for help with the crowd noise IN THEIR OWN STADIUM ! !

Have you young guys ever been a game interrupting force in an away stadium ?

We will bring the noise. Are you ready ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Remember VaTech in the Valley early 80's

Oct 3, 2012, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

Don't remember the year, but it wasn't too long afterward that the noise rule was passed. I was there--will be in my seat early Saturday. We have a lot of good young fans as well. I just wish more students got to their seats a little earlier. This is a general problem, not going after this generation in particular.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

BOOM!!! CRICKETS!!

Oct 3, 2012, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Older clemson fans, will you answer the challenge? ]

WHAT DID YOU SAY...i can't hear you!!!!!

Can't make the trip, I'm too old***

Oct 2, 2012, 10:19 PM

:)

Re: Can't make the trip, I'm too old***

Oct 2, 2012, 10:25 PM

I am one of the old guys that made the NC State QB back off the line of scrimage in the late 70's because of crowd noise. Did I mention it was in Raleigh?

Impressive. Had no Idea***

Oct 2, 2012, 10:32 PM

Yes we did...I was there that day...***

Oct 2, 2012, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't make the trip, I'm too old*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As always, I'll be in my seats for warm ups and

Oct 2, 2012, 10:37 PM

stay there until the game is over.

Try to get your fellow students to do the same.

There's an old trick that the older crowd knows: if you're

Oct 3, 2012, 7:00 AM

standing near the portals, the yelling echoes and produces more than twice the volume...plus, it's easier to stand there and pour our mini-bottles into our drink cups! You younger folks have a lot to learn! lol

Oct 3, 2012, 7:23 AM

The record may have been broken in 2005, but in the olden days, there was no upper decks either. Just noisy fans. People hated death valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you make the other QB cry for help to ref

Oct 3, 2012, 8:20 AM

Without a jumbotron, then get back to us old guys. Sure 2005 was a loud game, BC in 2007 was a loud game, but they use to be ALL loud games.

And we didnt need Queen to help us! Ask UVA or Boomer!

(the real facts are my knees are shot, I have to stop at 9 bathrooms and the rubber stopper on my cane keeps falling off, but in our day, We Would Rock You without Freddie Mercury)

Go Tigers. Make Paul Johnson cry!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the old days, the art of hand signals hadn't been

Oct 3, 2012, 8:38 AM

invented yet. Noise was disruptive because the QB had to be heard. It was impossible. Nowadays, the noise is impressive, but not really disruptive unless the OL is trying to listen to the snap count. Most of the time these days the OL just waits for the center to snap the ball before they move. Still, intense noise can be intimidating and may result in a false start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

is that because they are asking you to get out of their

Oct 3, 2012, 8:46 AM

seat and return to the Hill?

Forgive Me For Not Being There This Week, But...

Oct 3, 2012, 9:03 AM

After 10 years of courtship I married the woman I love on the beach yesterday here in Cherry Grove.Thus,I will be remaining here thru the week-end. My two tickets,though,will be well used by the two families who have sat around me for over 30 years.

Go Tigers!!!!!

yes Im obviously calling you out personally***

Oct 3, 2012, 11:30 AM

Congrats!! You guys enjoy your honeymoon and

Oct 3, 2012, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Forgive Me For Not Being There This Week, But... ]

watch the game on tv......if you're not otherwise occupied.....:~)

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 2:06 PM

G. Tech???????where are U????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic