Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oklahoma, not a #3 team. Sorry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Oklahoma, not a #3 team. Sorry

Sep 3, 2016, 1:46 PM

but we exposed them last year yet they voted them top 3, why?? Mayfield is a decent QB but no way that Oklahoma team is top 3. Is it the legacy factor, or success 10 years ago now, that has them perennially ranked WAY too high.

Houston may be good, and they are from what I see. Regardless, Sooners are maybe a top 12 team. I hope people watch the games, Tennessee, Stanford, Oklahoma today, and realize that these teams are simply not that good and have not proved a thing except preseason hype. Well, looks like those preseason rings and trophies are all they shall get lol.

Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how are you determining this when we haven't seen anyone

Sep 3, 2016, 1:48 PM

else play... and this game is only at halftime?

If we are beating AU by 3 at halftime, would you say that we are ranked way to high?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how are you determining this when we haven't seen anyone

Sep 3, 2016, 1:51 PM

That's what I don't understand about Tigernet sometimes. Too many biased folks, not enough realist.

Snowtown, watched all those teams

Sep 3, 2016, 1:58 PM [ in reply to how are you determining this when we haven't seen anyone ]

I mentioned play! Having watched said teams play, being an avid college football fan and Clemson Tiger born and raised, no way they deserve to be ranked top 10. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings but even in first games a team is either good or they aren't.

Now, Clemson has proven in 2015 they belong. With offense back almost entirely and some new faces on D(all highly recruited), we deserve top 2, do you not agree ? Clemson is here to stay and your Coots in Cootlumbia can continue to wallow in the muck of the college football world. Did you watch Tennessee, or Stanford, or Oklahoma in 1st half ? If so I hope you realuze they haven't played like top shelf teams ?

just so I'm clear on this...

Sep 3, 2016, 2:02 PM

Clemson proved they belong last year... but OU, who also made the CFP, clearly does not belong...

b/c they are down by three to the #15 team in the nation, who returns almost everyone from a team that finished #8, in what is virtually a road game

am i getting that right?

Virtually road game, you already lost

Sep 3, 2016, 2:08 PM

any argument. Loss to Texas, a horrific train wreck last year, blowout in playoff, and perennially over ranked. A top 3 team, not even maybe. It's the Mayfield factor, and although I dislike him because he runs that mouth like a #####, he is a decent QB. But Oklahoma as a team is top 10.

ESPN is absolutely obsessed with Mayfield....

Sep 3, 2016, 1:49 PM

He has some talent but in no way is he the best qb in the country or even top 3

Re: Oklahoma, not a #3 team. Sorry

Sep 3, 2016, 1:53 PM

I am still wondering why Houston is ranked 15? They finished 8th didn't they?

lowspark84, yes they did and I wonder the same

Sep 3, 2016, 2:04 PM

Houston is top 10 all day!! Not sure why people that don't understand football get to vote, it's sad. They see the name Oklahoma, they made it to the playoff, got hammered, lost to Texas(horrible loss), and think they are to 3. Laughable!! I would rather play Oklahoma to start a year than Houston. Oklahoma might win this game, very good matchup, but Houston is the much scarier matchup nightmare all around.

They're down by 2 at the half to a really good team

Sep 3, 2016, 1:57 PM

That doesn't mean they aren't good. Also, losing by 2 TDs in the playoff to a great Clemson team doesn't mean you're a bad team, either. Why not just recognize that Clemson beat a really good team instead of disrespecting them afterward?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

camcgee, disrespect ?? What are you talking about

Sep 3, 2016, 2:13 PM

I said Oklahoma is not a top 3 team. That's is a fact, sorry if you don't feel that way. Yes, Clemson is far better than them, and do is Ohio State, Florida State, Alabama, even Houston (#15 I remind you)is an equal if not better team. What do you not understand or do you not see that is clear to anyone watching the games ?

This will be a shoot-out.

Sep 3, 2016, 1:59 PM

The defense with the most stops, wins. Only two punts already.

-Dr. Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Totally agree.

OU is not a #3
TN is not a #9
Stanford is not a #8

CUYankee, glad you understand football as well

Sep 3, 2016, 2:29 PM

I watch ALOT, maybe too much, college football. I have all my life. Oklahoma is a good team, never said they weren't good, but absolutely not top 3. And they are going to drop after today anyway. Houston, now they could be the dark horse. They could easily run the table after today, considering they put away Oklahoma.

Re: CUYankee, glad you understand football as well

Sep 3, 2016, 2:31 PM

Wow I wish I knew as much about football as you and then I could state as a fact who the best teams in the country are at 2:30pm on the first Saturday of the season.

Stay tuned to college football like I do and you too

Sep 3, 2016, 2:36 PM

Could have this insane knowledge. It's almost too much, absurd really, to be this smart lol. Listen, I just know things from observing teams from week to week, year to year. I love football, and privileged and proud to LOVE all things Clemson related.

Go Tigers!!

That K-State team is pretty good.

Salty defense and all heart. Stanford is probably accurately ranked.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCaffrey is great, but 2 runs got 70%

Sep 3, 2016, 2:18 PM

Of his total yardage. 20 rushes, 50 yards if you take long TD runs away. He is a special player but as a team, Stanford is over ranked by a good margin. KState is not a bad team, they play tough. But Stanford showed little to nothing that should have their fans, or the college football world, happy about the season to come.

Rankings at this point are pointless

Sep 3, 2016, 2:11 PM

but it is week 1, can't count a team out yet.

Sep 3, 2016, 2:14 PM

Remember we only beat Lousiville by a field goal and late in the season only beat Scar by 5 last year....

Kinda cootish to say Oklahoma isn't a playoff type team because they aren't blowing out a good Houston team.

I thought Stanford looked ok as well. Mcaffery is as good as advertised and their QB played well....

Overranked preseason, happens every year

Sep 3, 2016, 2:20 PM

I remember last year we were not ranked very high lol. Take it with a grade of slaw, there are only about 5 teams this year that matter and I will guarantee Oklahoma is not even close to that top 5.

Jhop83, you might be a Coot to call

Sep 3, 2016, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma, not a #3 team. Sorry ]

another person a Coot for being factual. Clemson played badly against Lousville last year, no question. That D was stout but we did not play Clemson football and got stuck in the mud that game. Got the W. We beat SC by double digits, that last play TD only counts to Coots who like to say they ONLY lost by 5 to Clemson. Coot much??

Re: Jhop83, you might be a Coot to call

Sep 3, 2016, 2:29 PM

And guess what the coots were saying after we beat Lousiville by 3 and them by 5?

The same thing you're saying about Oklahoma right now.

Jhop83, I'm glad you know do much about Cootd

Sep 3, 2016, 2:32 PM

You obviously have that Coot smell. But it's ok, you just need football knowledge and I've got more than enough to pass around my friend.

Where you watching the game tonight ??

Re: Jhop83, I'm glad you know do much about Cootd

Sep 3, 2016, 2:35 PM

I haven't left the recliner since 7:45am this morning and won't until the end of the game tonight.

Jhop83, you are no coot my friend

Sep 3, 2016, 2:38 PM

I too spend Saturday's on the sofa. Not next week, headed to Death Valley good Lord willing.

Your thoughts about Auburn and the game ?

Re: Jhop83, you are no coot my friend

Sep 3, 2016, 2:42 PM

If anyone else but Kevin Steele was DC at Auburn I would be worried.

We will roll tonight....

Agreed, Clemson 41 Allburn 17

Sep 3, 2016, 2:44 PM

Go Tigers!!

Sep 3, 2016, 2:20 PM

After what they did to FSU in last year's bowl game and what they're doing now to Oklahoma ... I would think Houson is very good!

House Of Orange, agreed!!

Sep 3, 2016, 2:25 PM

They could be a major factor without question.

Sep 3, 2016, 2:38 PM

As always over rated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2016, 2:47 PM

This is too funny! I hope Houston can hang on!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic