Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Oklahoma players would relish shot at "payback" with Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: Oklahoma players would relish shot at "payback" with Clemson

Dec 2, 2015, 10:30 AM

Oklahoma players would relish shot at "payback" with Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Oklahoma players would relish shot at "payback" with Clemson

Dec 2, 2015, 10:34 AM

You can say payback all you want, if Oklahoma continues to play defense like they have been, I don't see Clemson having any issues against them.

Their defense has been good this year.

Dec 2, 2015, 2:01 PM

Surrendering 27-34-29-23 against TTU, Baylor, TCU, and OKST is a good thing.

Clemson would relish a shot to embarrass them again.

Dec 2, 2015, 10:35 AM

Go Tigs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Dec 2, 2015, 10:36 AM

They would get worked again. Just kidding... Clemson would win 38-24

Invite them to a couple of home and home series.

Dec 2, 2015, 10:38 AM

That will break them of the cheap talk.

signed
Brent, Dabo, Tony, Scott

co-signed
Clemson University and Fans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring it, don't sing it boys. We wiped the field with you

Dec 2, 2015, 10:41 AM

with Cole as qb. Deshaun Watson will be a whole different kind of hurt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP

Dec 2, 2015, 10:41 AM

They are pretty much in and don't have to play a
conference championship game like Clemson, Alabama,
Iowa, and Michigan State who still have to earn their
way in. They're already resting up, recruiting,
watching film, etc. Maybe a one loss team without a
conference championship game should be excluded,
especially if the loss is to a 4-7 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, it's garbage we're undefeated and have to play one

Dec 2, 2015, 10:45 AM

more game half healthy against a solid opponent. Big 12 team should be undefeated to get into playoff or else get a championship game. If we lose, we've still got the best resume in football, but we'll be left out.

OKLAHOMA would/will have an advantage regardless of

Dec 2, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP ]

who they play in the playoff if their first game is in Dallas, right at the Oklahoma border where it would be an obvious home-field advantage

Re: OKLAHOMA would/will have an advantage regardless of

Dec 2, 2015, 10:48 AM

but in many ways Oklahoma and Clemson remind me a lot of each other this season, well balanced on offense and plays defense. Been impressed with Oklahoma the past month, most balanced team besides us, IMHO

Re: Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP

Dec 2, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP ]

Oklahoma has been rammed down the throats of CFB fans for like 8 years with the mantra"they are going to win it all!" This playoff system is not fair. We're #1 and the entire football world is on their knees praying we choke, on TV evoking that derogatory term. The hate and viscous attack constantly hurled at ONLY ONE TEAM.......CLEMSON. Iowa barely beats Nebraska by 8 points and they were lauded as spectacular. With 28 seconds left, up by 9 and after 45 carries Derrick Henry helps Bama cruise to a birth in the SECCG by whipping Auburn. Then there is our barely beating the worst team in the SEC, having lost the week before to an FCS school, gave Clemson all they could handle. Not one person is giving this team any credit. It's sad that normally the best player on the best team usually wins the Heisman. Because DW4 is a Clemson Tiger, he is somehow less of a great player despite leading in statistics?? If this team feels half as disrespected as I do, they will destroy whoever they play! Beat the ever loving SH!T out of everybody!

Dec 2, 2015, 11:47 AM

Well said sir

Dec 2, 2015, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP ]

H

Dec 2, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP ]

Ha-ha. My God...u want some cheese with that wine? It's not nearly as bad as you made it out to be in that sob of a post you just wrote. The hate and vicious attacks??? Ha-ha. Wow! I'm sure you think because people think the #10 team in the country UNC could upset Clemson is a hateful and vicious attack, right? Good grief!

It's okay

Dec 2, 2015, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma has an unfair advantage in the CFP ]

You speak the truth, but their underestimation of our tigers is a great advantage. Don't you remember in the bowl game last year when ESecPN announced that there was no way Clemson would defeat the mighty sooners and declared the game their "LOCK OF THE WEEK???" How did that work out? Point is, who cares what anybody on the outside says, when we win it will be because we earned it, not because of some conference bias or brand expectation like it is with the sooners. Go tigers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring it on, Sparky!***

Dec 2, 2015, 10:53 AM

Yeah, who didn't see THIS coming from them?!...

Dec 2, 2015, 10:59 AM

To be the best, you're gonna have to beat the best!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:01 AM

They may get mustard with that relish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk is Cheap!! They ran their mouth before the last game

Dec 2, 2015, 11:07 AM

Brent said they had never seen a front seven like that and I agree. THIS front seven hasn't lost a game. Texas front seven were the best they saw and we are much better.

Deshaun is playing, I hope we play them, we will wipe the floor and make it worse this time.

They don't have a fan that wants to play us period. Big talk before, and bigger talk after that spanking. I guess they need a bigger one..lol

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oklahoma players would relish shot at "payback" with Clemson

Dec 2, 2015, 11:08 AM

I love the trash talk. It pisses our boys off. And they will not have played a game in over a month. I like our chances. But we have to beat UNC.
GO TIGERS!!!,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we both get an opportunity to replay that game.***

Dec 2, 2015, 11:10 AM

Sorry Sooners - ain't gonna happen . . . b/c

Dec 2, 2015, 12:03 PM

after Alabama gets THEIR revenge on you, you'll be sitting at home watching us play Bama. Maybe you can call Iowa or Michigan State over and order a pizza and enjoy the show.

Thats all chin music

Dec 2, 2015, 12:36 PM

They know that was on them being unprepared and unmotivated.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

They better worry about Tide first!

Dec 2, 2015, 12:44 PM

To be the best you gotta beat the best and the best is Clemson!

Er, I thought last year was going to be payback for them

Dec 2, 2015, 1:18 PM

because of us beating them in 1989? Sometimes these things take awhile, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Er, I thought last year was going to be payback for them

Dec 2, 2015, 1:44 PM

I am still p*ssed off and holding a grudge over the 1989 Citrus Bowl where Switzer said many unflattering things about Clemson. Pretty much stating that Clemson was beneath them and not of their caliber. Yeah, we showed you then and we can do it again.
When you take a shot at the king, you better not miss!

I'd love to see what DW4 would do to them

Dec 2, 2015, 2:10 PM

CS18 made them look like a high school squad. It would be ugly (or, actually, beautiful)!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like our chances vs. OU everyday. No doubt.

Dec 3, 2015, 4:06 AM

They can't be serious? Mayfield is certainly an upgrade from last year, but they never stopped our 1st string O last year with (no disrespect intended, but.....) Stoudt at QB. Mayfield is a good player.....they've never seen the likes of DW4. Boykin is a great athlete, but DW4 is a GREAT athlete and QB. I wouldn't be worried about OU if we have to play them anyways. CBV seemed to know what they were doing before they did. I definitely see his tenure there as a positive for us if/when we ever play OU. CBV is already a top DC in the nation. I mean, you let a guy like CBV learn your tendencies about what you do against say.....different D formations, "go to" calls, and all the little intricacies of how you call a game for years as he watches you (Bob Stoops) coach, and think he didn't retain most of that. They seriously could not score on us until the game was far over and we were playing 3rd string....which only gave up 6 in their own right! I'll take our chances if they want it again! They've never played us at full strength anyhow, so maybe we'll get it to 60 before we pull all the 1st string out. I remember Perine was "unstoppable" all year last season. I think he barely broke 100 in the 4th quarter last year, but only had 60 something against our 1's. I'm just wondering who hops up to #4 when (IMO) Iowa loses? Mich St or will they look elsewhere?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2015, 9:00 AM

We take care of the Tarheels, ya'll beat Alabama and you might get that opportunity to play Clemson. And probably get smoked like a real cheap cigar ! GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic