Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay, question for you all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,250

Okay, question for you all

Nov 5, 2018, 6:53 AM

What is the worst you've ever seen a host college treat Clemson off the field?

As a traveler with Tiger Band for 7 years, both of mine were in the same year, 1992, my third year.

First was Georgia Tech, a night game. We lost that game, I think 20-16 or something like that. We were parked in fraternity row in Techwood and as we were loading the equipment truck, some students came over and started cheering "I say Clemson, you say ####," and then mooned us as we prepared to head back to Clemson. Boy THAT was a long two hour trip!!! Not 1993 from Tallahassee in the searing September heat long, but long nonetheless.

Second was Virginia. Down 28-0, Clemson roared back and nailed the winning FG with less than a minute left, and stifled a Wahoo Hail Mary pass to win 29-28. First, I have no respect for the "band" at UVa, but that's a different story. They threw water bottles at us as we loaded the equipment truck.

Obviously, you'll probably have more stories if you were in Tiger Band, but this is for everyone to chime in, so have at it, even if you only went to one away game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay, question for you all

Nov 5, 2018, 7:18 AM

Athens GA!

No question! Inbred trailer trash, illiteracy central, PBR abusing hicks!

Anyone that has been there....just knows!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt

Nov 5, 2018, 7:23 AM

Had to pick the broken glass out of my pockets when we got back to the car after walking about 3 miles from Sanford cesspool from thrown beer bottles.

100% correct

Nov 5, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Okay, question for you all ]

Here's the 3 Athens situations I've dealt with previously:

1) Had a UGA fan spit on my wife as we were walking to the stadium. They just stepped in front of us and let rip. There was almost a riot.

2) Had a UGA fan come up to our tailgate, pick up our 30' telescopic flag pole and start running with it. He had the flagpole in one arm and a mostly empty bottle of Jack Daniels in the other. He was quickly tackled and pummeled for his trouble.

3) This has happened a few times... Had property stolen (like chairs, coolers, etc.). If it's not nailed down and under constant watch, it will be stolen in Athens.

Personally, I'll never go back there. They have a pervasive problem in Athens. No class losers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 7:29 AM

As a student we went to an away game at the twerps. After the game twerp students were throwing rocks at us. We were ready to fight but there was an 8 ft fence between us. Before we could climb, they were gone.

Nov 5, 2018, 7:40 AM

Heck, that was just a typical Virginia Rock Concert.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Athens, Ga. 1980 the fans suck***

Nov 5, 2018, 8:09 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic