Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O'kay, I have to be "delicate" about this because I luv all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,029

O'kay, I have to be "delicate" about this because I luv all

Oct 7, 2012, 11:34 AM

my fellow Tiger fans. You guys are my brothers and sisters and I am proud to stand there alongside you.

I am so glad to be 5-1 this morning. All week we talked about Death Valley being very loud. And in the 4th quarter late it was.

I know Dabo praised the fans. I know we got loud in the 4th quarter late. You made a difference. I know we got loud after GT whipped it down the field and it turned into 3rd and whatever.

BUT . . . the 2nd and 3rd quarter in DV, for the most part, was DEAD. We did not bring the crowd noise on critical drives. GT had it easy with no fan noise to impede its drives down the field. I was standing for most of it and saw everyone sitting down and not into the game. It was sad and sick. In fact a GT fan said we sucked and it was louder in Duke's stadium and he was right in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. After going to Tally a couple of weeks ago--I thought DV would be so loud you could not think. Instead for MOST of the game it was very quite. When we did bring the noise several times we cold-cocked Tech and shut them down or made it very hard for them to move.

Why did we have to wait to sense danger in the 4th to come alive? Why not just beat the crap out of GT in the 2nd and 3rd with our crowd at a fever pitch. I think if we had brought the noise the score would have been 62-21 or something like that. We made it easy for them and then we finally woke up and helped our team out at the very end.

I just hope in the games remaining it does not take the scent of danger to wake up our crowd. You guys are awesome. We are awesome when we stand tall and make the Valley thunder. Thanks for the 4th but can't we start earlier to bring the noise and help the Tigers out?

Can't wait for the VT game. I hope it gets loud. REAL LOUD!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O'kay, I have to be "delicate" about this because I luv all

Oct 7, 2012, 11:41 AM

Agreed.....The Valley was especially quiet during the 3rd qtr. I was confused by Dabo's comments about The Valley being loud yesterday. At least the crowd woke up during the 4 qtr.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's sad and true.

Oct 7, 2012, 11:42 AM

There was a time that Clemson's fans attempted to create the atmosphere for the defense to succeed. These days, our fans rely on the defense to create the moment, and they just respond.

I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. Our fans are reactive spectators now, and not proactive participants.

Honestly, it starts with the students, but that's only the beginning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2012, 11:42 AM

I hate I couldn't be there to help you out brother!!! I'm very sick, but I'm praying I can be there for VT!! I grew up in Tigertown! I know exactly where you're coming from!!! VT, like GT, will bring their best and the Tigers will need us!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

All the best! I know you will make it to the Valley!

Oct 7, 2012, 11:43 AM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2012, 11:43 AM

When the defense is giving up 50 yard chunks people usually do not get excited.

No. But 1st and 10 and we should be on top of GT with noise.***

Oct 7, 2012, 11:44 AM

Exactly. The previous poster's response reflects

Oct 7, 2012, 11:46 AM

a reactive attitude, and we used to be much more than that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crowd was really only in it half of the first and fourth

Oct 7, 2012, 11:45 AM

quarters. Pretty lackluster in the middle. The Tech second drive with all the passing pretty well derailed the enthusiasm until the 4th for some reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crowd was really only in it half of the first and fourth

Oct 7, 2012, 11:52 AM

I believe that the crowd would be in the game a lot more if the team would learn to tackle. Just my opinion but seeing our guys try to bring down big running backs with arm tackles just doesn't blow my skirt up very high! Smash mouth football has a way of getting the fans into the game. We saw that in the fourth quarter when the team had its back to the wall and woke up.

i agree....but when gt is reeling off 30-40 yards a play and

Oct 7, 2012, 11:56 AM

our defense cant play assignment football,its hard to get enthused and as they say try and take the crowd out of the game and thats what they did for at least 2qtrs.

Oct 7, 2012, 12:00 PM

I went into the game really expecting the defense to look much improved through the live tackling/ cut blocks in practice, and after the first few drives I was more in shock of the huge runs off of the pitch they were getting. It's tough to watch, tougher to get excited for though unfortunately. That's why I think the crowd was so quiet.

And as for the fans being reactive to the defense, not proactive for it, I see where you're coming from, but I don't think that will change, the defense just needs to play better and tackle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When at home, if we have the chance

Oct 7, 2012, 8:19 PM

I say we defer the ball until the 2nd half. I know our offense is potent and we wanted to get a quick strike in early, but it leads to an easy start for the opposing team in the 3rd quarter.

GT gets the ball and 1/4 if not more of the seats were still empty because of concession/bathroom breaks/leaving to tailgate etc. There was absolutely no noise until the majority of everyone got back, which was late in the 3rd quarter.

Oct 7, 2012, 9:31 PM

Being in the student section and screaming most of the time, there were times when I didn't scream because I am giving more 110% but I felt like the defense wasn't. I back my team up whether losing or not but at times I felt like no matter if the stadium was louder than 10 times louder than the safety, the defense wouldn't respond. On a second note to go along with this, I felt like our new sound system, although sounds amazing, the people directing this SUCK. They never play it when there needs to be noise, the way to get a crows into the game IS music. Not listening to GT's band and our band scratching themselves while the other band goes off for 30 minutes!

PS the banners looked awesome when it was getting darker, wish we had some night games to get the full effect! Also why don't we have towels or pams(sp?) to get that extra effect within the stadium, just curious? Already sent two emails to iptay with no response!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,029
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic